The day has arrived as we see Ensō released, this "evolution of HENkaku" is a permanently injected hack that does not need to re-authentication or re-executed in the way HENkaku or TaiHEN has required in the past. Essentially this act as a Custom Firmware would for the PSP or the PS3 as we have seen the power of HENkaku and TaiHEN (CFW Framework of HENkaku) for awhile now, but this permanent solution has finally seen the official release after an early test version was leaked months ago. This is a huge project and bugs more then likely are present, while the team has a long successful test period there is always potential for problems, so use anything like this at your own risk. Checkout all the details from Team Molecule creators of this new progression from the original team behind the HENkaku exploit.
Need Homebrew for newly exploited device? Checkout resources such as our own PS Vita / PlayStation Download Section , also another great resource if the VitaDB.
Custom firmware for PS Vita + PlayStation TVDoes this work with firmware 3.61/3.63/3.65?
HENkaku Ensō is the evolution of the HENkaku jailbreak that opened the PS Vita and PSTV to a new universe of customization and user created content. Install it once and your Vita will be permanently hacked--no need to apply it after each reboot. Just enable HENkaku, install the following vpk, launch it, and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I use this "vpk"?
Will this harm my Vita?
- You need to install HENkaku first. Then open up molecularShell and press "Start" to enable the FTP server. Then connect using a FTP client and copy the vpk to "ux0:/data". On your Vita, browse to "ux0:/data" and select the vpk to install it. Then you should have a new bubble in LiveArea which you can launch to install ensō.
How do I uninstall Ensō?
- The short answer is "not likely." The long answer is that it does make permanent modifications to your system so there's always the chance that something goes wrong. However, we had months of testing done by over a hundred testers without any major problem so we are fairly confident in the code. Nevertheless, we will not provide any warranty if something wrong does happen so if you do not wish to take the risk, we recommend using the HENkaku offline installer as a risk-free alternative.
- First, note that you can "deactivate" ensō without uninstalling it by deleting "ur0:tai/boot_config.txt". You can "reactivate" it again by opening the ensō installer and using the Square option to fix the boot config. Otherwise, you can fully uninstall ensō with the Triangle option. Note that if you no longer wish to use HENkaku, you should clean up any installed homebrew before uninstalling ensō.
Help! I installed a bad taiHEN plugin and my Vita doesn't boot anymore!
Help! I messed up something else and my Vita doesn't boot anymore!
- You can disable taiHEN plugin loading by holding L during boot.
- You can reset all Vita settings (including non-hack related ones) from safe mode by selecting "Restore the PS Vita System". You can also enter safe mode by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery during a failed boot loop. Note this does not uninstall ensō but keeps it inactive. To reactivate it, you must run the ensō installer and use the Square option to fix the boot config.
Can I see the source?
- We are currently polishing up the source and it will be released soon. If you are a developer, you can contact us about early access. Here is more information on who we are.
PS VITA / PS TV Ensō - Custom FIrmware (?) on PS Vita / PSTV (the evolution of HENkaku arrives officially)
By STLcardsWS on Jul 28, 2017 at 10:32 PM
Custom PKG on Retail PS4 - New method shown by flatz via videoHacker flatz is well known in the PlayStation Hacking community for many advancements and projects now is doing some things on his PS4 that contains 4.55 firmware. On his YouTube channel he released a new video titled "Custom PKG on retail PS4" which covers a demonstration on a PS4 (4.55) of an Installation of a Custom & also a Re-Packaged PKG file. While this is being demoed on a 4.55 flatz does state this should be easy to port to other firmwares (when a current firmware is exploited) and is a "bullet proof method in comparison" to 1.76. Flatz will soon share a write-up to achieve this task.Continue reading
Firmware 5.00 Userland Webkit Exploit on PS4 teased by qwertyoruiop (no Kernel Exploit)Here is some PS4 news/teases for 5.00 firmware, as a userland webkit exploit is shown via a screenshot from PS4 Hacker qwertyoruiop Twitter. You may recall this dev also showcased an exploit to v4.XX firmware in that past that was never released. Which the hacker was more then willing to share the news he had exploited the PS4 but did not have the same feeling of sharing the actual exploit as much as the news, sadly.. Will this 5.00 exploit be made public or will this exploit also be kept secret? Only time will tell as no details about a potential release has been stated at this point. About the exploit itself its only a userland webkit exploit that is being shown, so this means it will still require a kernel exploit to be like open in the same sense as 1.76. qwertyoruiop also states he has found a bug to exploit the kernel in v5.00, but has not did the exploiting of the bug quite yet. While this is exciting news and great work by the hacker. I would caution about getting too excited because this has the potential of never being released like the work in 4.XX previously detailed, but things are moving for the Ps4 so who knows....Continue reading
Zelda Time to Triumph: New Port from usineurFollowing the released ports of Zelda ROTH (Return of the Hylian) & Zelda Oni Link's Begin for Vita/Pstv, the third port comes to the community from developer usineur with the release of Zelda Time to Triumph to complete the three game trilogy of the fan-made created series that extends the story of Zelda from Vincent Jouilat's perspective, This is a welcome port to the Vita as it serves as great editions to the ealier work of both usineur and Rinnegatamante.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
The best PS2 soft-modding-installer around (newest version available here) -SP193