PS VITA / PS TV Ensō - Custom FIrmware (?) on PS Vita / PSTV (the evolution of HENkaku arrives officially)

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 28, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Jul 28, 2017 at 10:32 PM
  1. 5,923
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

The day has arrived as we see Ensō released, this "evolution of HENkaku" is a permanently injected hack that does not need to re-authentication or re-executed in the way HENkaku or TaiHEN has required in the past. Essentially this act as a Custom Firmware would for the PSP or the PS3 as we have seen the power of HENkaku and TaiHEN (CFW Framework of HENkaku) for awhile now, but this permanent solution has finally seen the official release after an early test version was leaked months ago. This is a huge project and bugs more then likely are present, while the team has a long successful test period there is always potential for problems, so use anything like this at your own risk. Checkout all the details from Team Molecule creators of this new progression from the original team behind the HENkaku exploit.

Need Homebrew for newly exploited device? Checkout resources such as our own PS Vita / PlayStation Download Section , also another great resource if the VitaDB.

Enso1.png

• Custom firmware for PS Vita + PlayStation TV
      HENkaku Ensō is the evolution of the HENkaku jailbreak that opened the PS Vita and PSTV to a new universe of customization and user created content. Install it once and your Vita will be permanently hacked--no need to apply it after each reboot. Just enable HENkaku, install the following vpk, launch it, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Does this work with firmware 3.61/3.63/3.65?
      • No.
      How do I use this "vpk"?
      • You need to install HENkaku first. Then open up molecularShell and press "Start" to enable the FTP server. Then connect using a FTP client and copy the vpk to "ux0:/data". On your Vita, browse to "ux0:/data" and select the vpk to install it. Then you should have a new bubble in LiveArea which you can launch to install ensō.
      Will this harm my Vita?
      • The short answer is "not likely." The long answer is that it does make permanent modifications to your system so there's always the chance that something goes wrong. However, we had months of testing done by over a hundred testers without any major problem so we are fairly confident in the code. Nevertheless, we will not provide any warranty if something wrong does happen so if you do not wish to take the risk, we recommend using the HENkaku offline installer as a risk-free alternative.
      How do I uninstall Ensō?
      • First, note that you can "deactivate" ensō without uninstalling it by deleting "ur0:tai/boot_config.txt". You can "reactivate" it again by opening the ensō installer and using the Square option to fix the boot config. Otherwise, you can fully uninstall ensō with the Triangle option. Note that if you no longer wish to use HENkaku, you should clean up any installed homebrew before uninstalling ensō.

Help! I installed a bad taiHEN plugin and my Vita doesn't boot anymore
      !

• You can disable taiHEN plugin loading by holding L during boot.
      Help! I messed up something else and my Vita doesn't boot anymore!
      • You can reset all Vita settings (including non-hack related ones) from safe mode by selecting "Restore the PS Vita System". You can also enter safe mode by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery during a failed boot loop. Note this does not uninstall ensō but keeps it inactive. To reactivate it, you must run the ensō installer and use the Square option to fix the boot config.

Can I see the source?

• We are currently polishing up the source and it will be released soon. If you are a developer, you can contact us about early access. Here is more information on who we are.

Project Homepages: enso.henkaku.xyz / Direct Download :enso.henkaku.xyz/enso.vpk

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    ed89, DeViL303, kozarovv and 6 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Zwei
      Zwei
      tranks
      kozarovv likes this.
    2. TOM1211
      TOM1211
      Going to use this with a microsd and my vita is going to be perfect,Thanks to everyone that made this happen. [emoji106]
      DeViL303 and kozarovv like this.
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      My second favorite circle! Right after pizza. :)
      No0bZiLLa, szczuru and stachu4ever like this.
    4. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Cool! With Enso i don't need to reattach that damn USB every time i'm mounting uma0 !
      DeViL303, TOM1211 and STLcardsWS like this.
    5. pinky
      pinky
      I'm encountering some major issues with enso. first, my database had to be rebuilt, and using the app.db from a previous database dump ends up corrupted whenever I transfer it, so I've essentially lost all games. second, the usbmc plugin doesn't work for me at all - the usb is never mounted as ux0 upon boot.
    6. Joonie
      Joonie
      Try that mcresigner app, that seems working for a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      pinky likes this.
    7. pinky
      pinky
      is that what it's called? a quick google search brought up nothing? and, what's that for? getting my games back?
    8. Joonie
      Joonie
      pinky and bguerville like this.
    9. pinky
      pinky
      it didn't work. I'm not using a memory card though. I'm memory card less, so I'm using just the usb flash drive which is where the problem resides.
    10. pinky
      pinky
      more issues with enso: I uninstalled enso in hopes of reinstalling fresh. however, it forced an update on me, so I updated to 3.60 again with a flash drive. I managed to get my games back using a qcma install of just the necessary files which is good. now, when I try to install enso again, I get an mbr checksum error or rather it's mismatched from the one coded in the app. it asks to continue which I didn't do. I don't understand y I'm having all these problems when the procedure is short and simple or supposed to be anyway. I've never been more frustrated by a hack in my life.
    11. pinky
      pinky
      alright, I think I've fixed the problems. doing a qcma transfer (not transferring over the app.db) got my games back. I made a backup of my games without the game contents a few months ago, so I got all my games back using only 200 or so MBs. I went ahead and overrode the enso error message (no issues so it may have been a glitch in system memory). I think I misunderstood what usbmc does. doesn't it allow the mounting of ux0 without unplugging and plugging back in the usb flash drive? I thought it mounted ux0 at boot. the flash drive no longer has to be unplugged to mount it. I figured this since reinstall taihen reset the config.txt (i.e. no longer linking to the usbmc.skprx). I think everything is the way it's supposed to be. it took me several hours of trial and error to figure all that out. when I uninstalled enso, it forced an update on me or I couldn't use the memory card. all default icons were blank when I cancelled it. updating fixed that. reinstalling the qcma img fixed the games, so I think I'm all done. I just need to get back @Berion 's theme which was lost in the transfer. lol
    12. pinky
      pinky
      correction: updating/reinstalling the firmware didn't fix the issue of the memory card not being read. I had forgotten this, but I had to reformat the memory card after uninstalling enso. I don't know if that's a bug or not, but it was very frustrating getting everything back to the way it was with enso installed.

I hope all this information will help others who encounter the same problems. this was on a pstv with no memory card, so I had to do a lot of things to get everything back. btw, transferring over the app.db would cause a database is corrupt error after installing the 3.60 update through enso and after rebuilding the database. using qcma fixed that as I mentioned. I even took the app.db from an extracted qcma backup, and it said it was corrupted. I used a different backup this time. I made a backup with all of the games' content and one without. the one without the game content is what got all my games back.
    13. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Plugin not work on pstv. Only good thing that is doing, is that you don't need to reattach usb. But it work on real vita. But ONLY with 3g adapter.

Btw. database rebuilt was due to usbmc. That's how I lost activation :(
      pinky likes this.
    14. pinky
      pinky
      so my usbmc is working as it's supposed to?

yeah, the database rebuilding thing is a pita. I backed up my ur0 with qcma without mounting my usb drive, so it came out to like 200MBs. that's all that's needed, but it sucks if u didn't do it beforehand. I also backed up each game and the full memory card (usb drive) just in case a while back, so I was prepared I guess. :)
    15. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      pinky new version is released, with fix for pstv.
      pinky likes this.
    16. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      So has anyone managed to run micro SD card, USB drive, Sony memory card and internal memory on PSTV at the same time?

A driver for that would be cool. :)

So what are the options now when it comes to drives and remapping on the Vita/PSTV, because its a bit confusing with so many partitions and new drivers/HW coming out.

On PSTV we can use USB drive as memory card and as custom partition uma0?
      Can we do the same with the game card adaptor?

And then on Vita have we got same options with game card and the coming 3g adaptor?

Really we could do with a "multi-driver" bit of homebrew with different remapping options, having a separate plugin for every separate configuration is going to get too much I think.
    17. pinky
      pinky
      I think one of the mods of vita shell allows for imc mounting. and, yeah, there's a separate driver for mounting the game card as uma or ux0. I haven't gotten my game card yet, but there's a tutorial on setting up the micro sd card on wololo. it mentions the two drivers which is how I know that.
    18. pinky
      pinky
      we have success!
      kozarovv likes this.
    19. ed89
      ed89
      thanks team molecule you are awesome without you PS vita Scene would not be the same this days

yeah finally my ps vita and ps tv properly (pernament) modded
      coool feels like psp CFWs days again time to tinker with my Ps vita and PS tv again :)

so "enso" is finally a "real" PS Vita CFW or still not?
      if not why? enso already doing everythings a CFW does or not?
      :confused3:
      DeViL303 likes this.