Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Exploit Initialization Failed - V2.0

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by birdboy385, Oct 15, 2018.

1. 2
    birdboy385

birdboy385 Forum Noob

Hi everyone. I have a PS3 Slim, I can't remember exact model I think it's 2001A or something like that. I know it's a hackable Slim because the minimum version is like 2.70 or something. Anyway. I was following the instructions for the 2.0 hack using only the PS3. I did a factory reset just because, ran the 4.82 installer twice, went to the flash dumper page. To be specific this one - http://www.ps3xploit.com/dumper/index_nor_hdd.html
    I saved the file, then cleared cache, search history, made that my home page, cleared cookies and did the initializaion. It would take about a minute or two going 5% at a time. It would hang at 95% for a bit then say exploit initialization failed. I tried multiple times clearing cache and all of that each time. Sometimes it would immediately say success which was obviously not really succeeding. I'm not sure why it's not wanting to work. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

2. 1,034
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Give the offlline installer a shot, prolly your isp. From what i have gathered isp, usb thumbdrives seem to be the number one problem for failures using ps3xploit.

3. 4,221
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    I would say it was succeeding. It should initialise very quickly when it working correctly. I find pressing the buttons quickly seems to help, open browser and press button quickly, if it fails close browser and start again, and best to use a wired connection, using wifi not recommended.

4. 2
    birdboy385

birdboy385 Forum Noob

Ok I'll have to give it another go, if not I'll look for the offline tutorial. Yup, all hardwired here. I'm trying my best to get my whole apartment outside of phones and tablets hardwired. Currently have the PS3 hooked up to an old cisco 100mb switch. I may hook up to the router directly for a "cleaner" test.