Fat PS3 brick after ps3xploit flash to nor

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by MrDaveForDays, Dec 6, 2018.

1. 1
    MrDaveForDays

MrDaveForDays Forum Noob

Hey all,

Just recently flashed my nor using the ps3xploit website. I have a fat ps3, it has 2.60 as lowest firmware, and I double checked that it was a NOR model. I also verified the dump with the tool. I used this guide: https://www.psxhax.com/threads/selfs-ps3-xploit-guide-for-4-82-ofw.4251/ After flashing the NOR the window said that the flash was successful and to reboot the ps3.

So i turned it off (through the ps3 menu) and when I turn it on it briefly turns on, I can hear the fans start up, then the green light flashes yellow, then it beeps several times and turns off. After turning off it keeps flashing the red light?

Just wondering what my options are here. I know that I can apparently flash the nor with an E3 nor flasher but I frankly don't feel comfortable in doing that, plus theyre pretty expensive. Is there some sort of repair service I can use like a member to pay? Or should I just hop on eBay and buy another one of these?

2. 521
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Did you update it to 4.82 ofw twice before flashing? Its important that you install 4.82 from a usb.

Personally i would just get anoughter ps3.It might be a bit tricky though now,since buying a vanilla hackable ps3 will most likely ship with 4.83 installed if your unlucky.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018