PS3 FERROX 4.82 v1.01 COBRA 7.55 by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by LizZo, Dec 7, 2017.

By LizZo on Dec 7, 2017 at 11:16 AM
  1. 77
    LizZo

LizZo Member

New CFW build released from developer @Alexander, in this build we can find the introduction of the new 7.55 COBRA This updated version of COBRA includes a bug fix for deleting PKGs and Game Updates that was present in v7.54. Alexander & Beta Tester's (@ CyberModding,it) discovered this problem during a late test session before release of FERROX v1.01. There are also other fixes contained in this new build as outlined in the release note provided below for 4.82 FERROX COBRA (v7.55) CFW v1.01

ferrox2017.png

• CHANGELOG v1.01:
      • COBRA 7.54 - Fixed the installation of Packages and game updates with Syscalls disabled. Credits to Alexander, Aldo Vargas, Joonie
      • COBRA 7.55 - Fixed deleting Homebrews / Apps / Game updates with Syscalls disabled. Credits to Alexander
      • Fix PSP DRM & Fix PSX. So now PSP PKGs and PSX PKGs runs correctly
      • Fix BlueRay ISO
      • Added support to download unsigned PKG from XMBPD - Credits to DeViL303, Bobby_Downgrades

• CFW Features are the same as v1.00.
      • Built from the base of OFW 4.82
      • Can be installed from every CEX CFW and 3.55 OFW and 4.82 OFW via PS3Xploit
      • QA Flags enabled if already enabled, so there is the possibility to Downgrade to every Fw version
      • COBRA 7.55
      • Optional Graphic mods can be installed, along with HB Store. Read under the features.
      • PS2, PSX, PSP ISO / Minis / Remasterred Compatibility
      • ReactPSN Compatibility
      • RSOD Screen Bypass
      • App_home/PS3_GAME
      • XMB In-Game Screenshot
      • Remote Play Compatibility
      • Package Manager replaces the classic Install Install Package Files
      • CPU & RSX Temperature are now shown on XMB In-Game while playing PS2 Games
      • LV1: Patched to remove PS2 LV2 Protection
      • LV1: Patched coreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick non non-Dehashed consoles
      • LV1: Peek & Poke
      • LV2: Peek & Poke
      • Disabled Epilepsy message
      • CINAVIA completely Disabled

• Optional Install (FERROX MOD Installer): You will find the PKG always available in Package Manager - Internal Storage. Thanks to XMBM+ for the installer base!

Here is a video (from Ferrox 4.80) showing the mods available .

Results after installing Mods (Click pic for larger view)

1.png 2.png 3.png
      The custom wave is not included.

Many tests have been done before release this version. Tested PS3, PS2, PSP, PSX and BD in various formats. If you find any bugs, please report in the comments!! Do you want to install this CFW but you have an Original Firmware (4.82 OFW)? Follow this guide and you will able to install it (ONLY if your model is Compatible): PS3Xploit Guide

Ah, and in the future there will be good news for Ferrox users. ;)
    - LizZo

MD5: 4ea0375a93cd888afbdf8797bb1a9d4f

Update: bug fixed in version 1.01
    Link

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by LizZo, Dec 7, 2017.

1. bguerville
      bguerville
      If you have an early ps2 compatible phat (CECHA to CECHE), you don't use ps2_netemu so indeed it does not affect you.
      But Cobra still brings goodies like the support of ps2 backups on burned cd/dvds. ;)
    2. Zander_Sig
      Zander_Sig
      Cool! Most of my PS2 games are backups (CD/DVD). I have the games (still sealed in plastic wrap) but I keep them as I bought them and use a backup instead of the original game. [emoji6]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    3. pinky
      pinky
      definitely beats the swap magic v3.8. I still own that disc for when I had a bc system.
      Zander_Sig likes this.
    4. DEX357
      DEX357
      This CFW is some lute I installed it 2 times and still the same error and still have a problem with HEN installation. Each hombebrow crashes after an error 80010006.
      I went from 4.81 Habib to this one. I returned to 4.81 and everything is working normally.

Edit. I found the cause of WMM and sys calls, in the habib it worked well off sys calls and working Hen. Grrr every CFW 4.82 has the same, getting tired of switching between cobra.
      Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    5. Redirr
      Redirr
      Update: bug fixed in version 1.01 Link
      It's offline.

Does Ferrox Cobra 4.82 Not getting updates?

Like so much, easy then Rebub!
    6. vs.suresh
      vs.suresh
      Thanks much.. First time i'm jailbreaking on my own... I am able to install multiman successfully. When I load the game (Assassin's Creed Rogue) from the external HD it gives me error "There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged."
      Even I have tried copying the game from external HD to internal HD, the same error occurs. I have tried with other games too but the same issue.. This was after upgrade from 4.55 to 4.82. Can you please help me out to resolve this issue...
    7. Zander_Sig
      Zander_Sig
      Did I see that Sony has released another FW? Will this CFW be updated to use the most recent OFW?

You get out of the loop for a month or so and everything has changed... LOL! It's almost impossible to keep up unless you stay current everyday! LOL!
    8. DEX357
      DEX357
      I'm not sure but I think cfw has a problem with the connection with the pad not always after turning on the console is not always the device pairing and on the pad flash diodes and you need to turn it off and re-activate on other cfw I did not have this issue.
    9. STRATOS198XAD
      STRATOS198XAD
      The link with the line in the middle is the version with the bug fix?. When I click on the link below the red letters, the page is loaded again.
    10. Alexander
      Alexander
    11. DEX357
      DEX357
      I do not think everything works correctly, I use it anyway because it is the only 4.82 cobra with a standard appearance.
      1.I also noticed the problem with synchronization falls sometimes will not turn on, on other CFW I do not have it.
      2.PS2 Iso shut off ps3 something is wrong with that.
      I've just replaced this my create file pack where on other cfw it works normally
      https://www14.zippyshare.com/v/vSMVw4uA/file.html
      I emphasize that on other cfw this package works normally, and habib 4.81, and rebug 4.82, besides, there is nothing in it that would spoil ps2. When returning to old files, nothing helps.

3.PSX problem between switching ntsc and pal in both cases the video cuts.
      4.Only psp launcher by cobra 2.0 works, each other does not mount games on this cfw.
      The link itself works correctly but probably it was deleted by errors
    12. Alexander
      Alexander
      @DeViL303 There is probably some XMB MOD file, which corrupts the correct operation of the Ferrox. Probably vsh
      I will check the version XMB MOD and maybe I will release the version FIX for ferrox.
    13. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      @Alexander Not sure why I keep getting mentioned here. :) think you must mean DEX357?
      DEX357 likes this.
    14. DEX357
      DEX357
      @Alexander but also after making backup files, problem does not disappear, only reinstall cfw fix it, on other cfw i dont have such a problem with my mod.
    15. Alexander
      Alexander
      Yes @DeViL303 , I'm sorry, I actually got the wrong tag. As I press the letter "D", your nickname appears, before DEX357 and as a fool, I'm always wrong to select your nickname.
      Sorry Bro :D
    16. Devilswarchild
      Devilswarchild
      ummm so where is the download link? the big word "LINK" ? cause ive clicked that and it only reloads the thread....
    17. DEX357
      DEX357
      There is no :P because something went wrong this time.
    18. Devilswarchild
      Devilswarchild
      how soon can we expect an updated link? (not trying to rush or anything cause I got my console re-modded with the latest rebug lite cfw) So I can wait for an update if need be cause I just love ferrox over rebug for some reason lol
    19. DEX357
      DEX357
      Alexander gave a link to the same version above in the link in the commend, just she was deleted by the administrator in the subject but you can download it has a few problems.
    20. Devilswarchild
      Devilswarchild
      That's ok. I'll just wait for the new update meanwhile Ill transfer my backups to rebug while I wait lol :P