first attempt at fl studio!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by No0bZiLLa, Oct 9, 2017.

1. 742
    No0bZiLLa

No0bZiLLa Moderator Developer

here is a 7 or 8 sec clip from my first track in fl studio, i am still learning and the song isnt finished but anyways, tell me what you think!

music and video was exported using fl studio only

kozarovv, DeViL303 and bitsbubba like this.
  2. 779
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

Cool, fruityloops is awesome, it sounds professional with a bit of work
    If you want a motivation to continue learning and at the same time to achieve some "final product" you can focus in making small audio tracks for PS3 homebrew... specially for the SND0.AT3 audios that are played in XMB (before booting the game)

http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Content_Information_Files
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/at9-at3-converter.13601/
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/at...utility-for-psp-vita-ps3-by-benmitnick.13607/

This is the kind of thing you can work in your own... first prepare the song... then advise some of the PS3 developers that has some hombrew project active and offer them the song (as an exclusive for that homebrew)
    Not sure what @Zar thinks about this but managunz is a good candidate btw... i was thinking about suggesting this to him time ago because i know someone that likes to create songs with fl too :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    DeViL303 and No0bZiLLa like this.
  3. 742
    No0bZiLLa

hell yeah thats a damn good idea. it took me about 5 mins to slap this small audio sample together tbh. it was a song i had made up on the guitar, and just input the melody nto fl studio and added drums/bass and synths. sounds bad as if you have atleast 5.1 surround lol.

about the homebrew audio, i would need some ideas as to what people wanted the music clips to sound like. but damn good idea man!

DeViL303 likes this.
  4. 742
    No0bZiLLa

@sandungas how many seconds are the audio clips for homebrew ect? like 8-10 secs? im gonna attempt to make something 8bit-ish

DeViL303 likes this.
  5. 779
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

The limitation is in bytes size 2.4MB (this amount is what i wrote in wiki, found it somewhere i dont remember) so maybe allows for a bit more or less... im not sure if the 2.4MB is much precise (if you test and find please tell and we will update wiki with it)
    With time there is no limitation... it allows for as much time as you can fit in 2.4MB

There was a tool to create loops with this sounds btw, you can use it in two ways:
    The basic loop.... where the audio track plays from start --->end... and repeats
    A partial loop... where the audio track plays from start --->end... then it starts looping to an specific point in the middle of the track

With the second method you can create an "intro" for the song that is played only one time (and after that starts the infinite loop)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    DeViL303 likes this.
  6. 94
    Metalomeus

Metalomeus Member

I´m also working with FL Studio 12 for about 4 years now and i love it. Being creative, arranging a track to the bone....That´s what i do^^
    Last project was a compilation from cover songs i remixed/rearranged. I already did over 200 projects since using FL. First steps in music production was Reason/RB 303....

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 4:39 AM
    No0bZiLLa likes this.