Fixing Polish translation on ps2_netemu

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by DEX357, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

I've found more errors in translations, and kozarovv could you fix these? Please

Przecz to Przelacz
    [​IMG]
    Peny ekran to Pelny ekran
    [​IMG]
    Czy chcesz zako czy gr to Czy chcesz zakonczyc gre
    [​IMG]
    Brak podrcznika oprogramowania. to Brak podrecznika oprogramowania.

2. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    I moved your last post to new thread, as problem is not related directly to 3141card emu modification.

About that "translation". I can try, but not today. Also I translated those strings (and poziom naadowania ;) ) last time, and there was a issue. Maybe I messed something then. Problem is that some strings can't be shortened due to used variables (i think). I will try tomorrow anyway. Pozdrawiam :)

3. 33
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

I tried to convert self to elf but I do not have keys,
    I found some old elf in internet but in hex i dont know how to make
    binary letters and the file size after conversion to self was wrong which caused ps3 freez. This option with temprature great thing.

Dzięki i pozdrawiam from Polend

4. 5,544
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

You can get the keys from a github repo like haxxxen's ps3 mfwbuilder https://github.com/haxxxen/ps3mfw-builder-0.2.1-mod or from various threads.
    Just copy the "data" folder to your working directory.

Regarding hex editing, you are not looking at the binary code directly (0 & 1) but at the hexadecimal representation of the binary values. With a decent editor you don't need to convert the characters to hexadecimal manually, you can simply use the ascii colum beside the hexadecimal column & type the characters you wish with your keyboard, the editor translates it automatically into the other column in hex.

Otherwise you can use an ascii table to get the hex code for each character you need, they are widely available online, as well as some dynamic ascii-hex conversion tools.

5. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    But he also need to remember about 00 ing in hex column the the end of words that was longer in original. For example Ł that is using 2 bytes in original netemu need to be translated into L that is only one byte.

So

Code:
    4A 65 C5 9B 6C 69 Jeśli -- originally 6 signs
    4A 65 73 6C 69 00 Jesli. -- modified 5 signs
    Or file will change size and stop working. Also there was my mistake in previous version. I accidentally pushed backspace with removed changing size warning in HxD (removed for other project). This basically destroyed full file without my knowledge.

6. 5,544
    bguerville

I know.
    It's one of the first things I explained 10 posts ago... I assumed that was clear, the file must not change size, it means zeroing out if you use less characters in a string & there is a limit to the number of characters that can be added to any string otherwise you will overwrite the data that comes after it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  7. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    @DEX357 here is another test version, not everything is fixed yet. I just want to be sure it is still working before I move to editing strings with variables, and line breaks. Like in low battery info message where both variable (for controller number), and line break is used.

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/49lMX9sM/file.html

8. 33
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

So yes, I converted self to elf and edited the word but my fun with hex ends with emulator ps2 power off
    consoles such like YLOD and i had to turn beck to older ps2_netemu, probably given values for word change in the translation for self file do not match the size, so i will
    not take more This is because even more polls, I do not know on hex. Afraid of messing with files can ruin the consoles.

9. 33
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

It works, and looks good in contrast to my attempt to edit hex XD . Im weak programmer

kozarovv likes this.
  10. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Hex editing is not programming. :) Good that is still work, I try to finish it tomorrow. Good to know I have part of work backed up now. :)

11. 5,544
    bguerville

There is no risk of bricking when you modify ps2_netemu, you can rest easy.
    You should use a proper editor like HxD, it will warn you if you make changes that impact the file size.

12. 33
    DEX357

DEX357 Member

I know that hex is not programming it was such a metaphor ;)
    I use HxD I change the values as if they agree but something
    is not changed so the characters change the hex values even if they are the same in the line.
    Something is wrong even if I use a windows calculator to calculate hex values.

13. 759
    Berion

Berion Developer

@kozarovv Shorten string is not a problem because You can use space (20 in ASCII). ;)

BTW: ps2_netemu means embedded PS2 emulator into PS3 fw, right? It is not in Polish? Isn't whole fw cover various of languages?

14. 5,799
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

this is what I was thinking as well, unless there r mistranslations. :)

15. 5,544
    bguerville

Strings for every emulator-supported language are hard coded in the self. It does not use external translations or language files from the ps3, the emulator is completely self-contained that way..
    About TTF files however, I do not know....

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 11:12 PM
    Berion likes this.
  16. 759
    Berion

Berion Developer

Ok but above one cannot be an official translation. It is that bad (spelling errors, sometimes missing letters, strange shortcuts, no Polish special characters etc). So I see this as placeholder or technical problems with executable editing (somewhere should be table with string lengths; without it, it's to limited to make translation into Polish - it's quite long language like i.e German).

17. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    It's look like official translation. Or cobra patches for netemu are messed something long time ago (emu look like this since 4.46 iirc). There is implemented Polish font, but only letter that is showing correctly is small ń.

Edit: I though that my Beyond Good & Evil is ps2classic, but look like is HD version. So I'm not sure that problem also exist on OFW.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  18. 96
    3141card

3141card Developer

@kozarovv
    The data segment with textures and strings is the same for 4.46(build r17041-target440-rel) and 4.81(build r17495-main-rel).
    BTW, this are the original data. No idea about other versions.

To fix this with hexediting is not so easy. Make the polish strings bigger and properly nullterminated, changes the string start offsets for all following strings, and you are out of segment. Unchanged string-table ends exact with segment end.

Berion and kozarovv like this.
  19. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    @Berion @3141card @DEX357 Just to confirm situation I brought today PS2Classic game for my OFW PS3.. Bug... EXIST! :) So $ony fucked up netemu long time ago, what also confirmed @3141card with info about unchanged data segment since 4.46 (or maybe even earlier).

About fixing it. I don't have knowledge to fix this correctly in hex or disassembler. All I can do is strip polish fonts to international font. Like Wyłącz to Wylacz. Ugly solution but still looks better than current Wycz. ;)

Btw. @esc0rtd3w noticed some time ago that "$ony is watching". :P So maybe some of watchers will report that bug to developers, and we will see 4.82 stability update with fixed Polish language? ;)

PS. Don't buy Skyscraper ps2classic game. It cost 2 euro not without the reason. :)

Berion, esc0rtd3w and DeViL303 like this.
  20. 138
    esc0rtd3w

esc0rtd3w Developer

Hacker
    Home Page:
    we love bugs, we survive on bugs! lol :devilish:

kozarovv likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.