Force ISO language?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by fresh, Sep 14, 2018.

1. 14
    fresh

fresh Forum Noob

Hi!

Is there a way to force/configure an iso game language.

I have two versions of an EU game.
    One starts with a specific language the other in english. I compared the game datas. They're the same.

How does this work?

Thanks and have fun!

2. 8,920
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

are we talking about a ps3 game? as far as changing it in the xmb if you're using an English xmb, and it's not in English by default, you may have to go through other measures. there could be a config tile in the eboot I guess which denotes language. you need to decrypt it first to see, but even then, it may not be in understandable format. this is based on psn free fixes like netflix. sometimes the config is understandable; other times, it requires ida to reverse it.

3. 2,334
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

1) Choose the language you want for the game in [XMB] ---> [settings] ---> [system settings] ---> [language]
    2) Boot the game

4. 14
    fresh

fresh Forum Noob

Okay, i have to check some facts and come back with more infos.

5. 14
    fresh

fresh Forum Noob

I'm trying to extract the single titles from the ratchet&clank trilogy. The game is EU and have 4 languages.

When starting a mounted single game i lost one language, the system language is ignored and it boots in english.
    It's not the ps3 system, because it respects the language in param.sfo and shows the correct title.

To find the cause, i organized the 3 r&c titles as EU DLC. Here i've an interesting effect. As internal hdd game i have the 4 languages and all is fine.

The same content as mounted iso directory lost 1 language and started in english.

No more ideas why this happen. I'm going slightly mad...
    :D

PS: The 3 converted Jak&Daxter titles are running here without probs as isos.

6. 8,920
    pinky

I think, though I could be wrong, that the indexer doesn't record specific languages. it might record languages being available, just not the game/app name in other languages. ...or maybe it's determined by the language of the system, I'm not sure. that is not unlike the vita, where game/app names are recorded in a variety of languages in the appinfo table of the app.db. from what I remember, the indexer on the ps3 doesn't work that way. I just don't recall more than English being on my system's indexer despite having EU games as well. however, I've not gone through the entire list, so this is just based on memory. I'm not sure about available languages. I wasn't even aware of that language selection menu, since I don't play my ps3 anymore...maybe once I get a new nonbanned system. ;)

7. 14
    fresh

fresh Forum Noob

I have the feeling the prob is inside the EBOOT.
    Have compare different releases and all use the same bin file. And, i think the configs are fix coded...
    Maybe i'm wrong and only don't understand how it worx.

eboot-01.png

8. 8,920
    pinky

certain games will not run if files are missing. I think that's why @aldostools ps3tools creates a fake file (same name) at 0KBs with his game ripper. that may be what you're looking at there. missing files often result in black screens, or in the case of the uncharted games, infinite loading.

what I mentioned was for a game that was installed. I'm not entirely sure how it works for a game via disc or a retail rip. I'm not entirely sure if something is installed with a retail game. there is with the ps4, but I don't know about the ps3. :-/

9. 2,334
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

@fresh one of the first things you should do is to verify if the original bluray game is supposed to boot in the language you want (either: only texts, or texts and audios)

Best place to verify this is by looking at the back cover of the game, in playstation games you can see at the back cover if are translated (they uses a logo if i remember correctly, and is mentioned literally)

Of course... for this you need to look at the game cover for your region, there are many games which have specific covers for each region, in this case all covers are different, have different "parental control" logos, and sometimes even the name of the game is translated (the TITLE from the PARAM.SFO and title printed in the disc and cover)

10. 14
    fresh

fresh Forum Noob

Thanks for the reply!

The trilogy iso works as aspected and the the 3 dlc titles, too.
    The disc and the dlc uses the same eboot.
    Currently i think the eboot likes a bad hack.

As said before, making 3 separated iso titles from the jak trilogy was no problem. And, from the jak dlc, too.

Greets.

PS: A log file from game boot would be maybe enlight this crazy sh*t. How could i get that?

PPS: The picture shows different game names inside the decrypted eboot.bin. Like region and source. I've the feeling that is the key how the game starts. The strange thing is when testing a dlc title on the internal hdd all is fine. When creating a directory iso from that with the same content and the same name, the result is the one missing language and the default english...

PPPS: All is hand made. No aio-tool, ripper or others like that.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018 at 6:42 PM
  11. 8,920
    pinky

you might need to debug the eboot with ida or maybe prodg?