PS VITA / PS TV FTPlaystation v0.1 - A Standalone FTP utility by Red

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 23, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 23, 2016 at 8:12 PM
  1. 6,589
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Vita developer Red who recently released The Binding Of Isaac Game Mod Installer has now released a very simple standalone FTP utility called FTPlaystation. This utility was created with Lua Player Plus (Vita) and is simply for transferring files between the PC and Vita. It does not currently have a file explorer on the Ps Vita side, just a quick simple FTP alternatives to VitaShell. If you have a feature idea's or requests. Let the developer know in the comment section below and possible your request will be accommodated in a future update

FTPlaystation.png
    • In its current standing this is a basic FTP server for transferring files between your vita and PC. Personally I was tired of having to go through vitashell each time I wanted to transfer a file especially when I'm constantly testing new apps and files for dev work.

If you would like to see a feature added please feel free to ask. As stated this is a basic FTP currently. To use
      1. Install the app
      2. launch the app
      3. ???
      4. profit

Download / Source Code: FTPlaystation v0.1

Source: PSX-Place.com

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 23, 2016.

1. jabbbar
      jabbbar
      anyone tried? upload speed is better or the same as on vitashell ftp?

regards
    2. pinky
      pinky
      haven't tried. I'm dumping klicenses on the ps3 for a friend right now. I usually get around 500 KB/s with vita shell. it's kinda slow.
    3. jabbbar
      jabbbar
      500kB? it's super slow. i have 1800 KB/s-2400 KB/s on vpks using vitashell ftp (lan)

regards
    4. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I get best speeds using VitaFTP. LAN much better then Wi-Fi. LAN 2.5mbps steady, Wi-Fi about 1-1.5mbps but this app is on par with ONElua nothing special ATM but launches right into FTP same as VitaFTP so a tad quicker to have FTP access and doesn't need to press start to launch FTP client. Personally been using rinCheat as it has background FTP ala webMAN
      bitsbubba likes this.
    5. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      I use LAN also, I'll have to look into renCheat. Is it just during game play or in home (LiveArea) screen also?
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187

It's only during game does not work in the live area because you have to activate the plugin once the game is launched. It's not very fast about half a megabyte per second but it can be done while gaming granted that is using Wi-Fi in the bedroom away from the router. Haven't tried it on LAN yet.
      bitsbubba likes this.
    7. pinky
      pinky
      I'm not using LAN. I'm doing it wirelessly.
    8. happydance
      happydance
      would be nice if it run in background while playing or on live area