Developer Dakor has released a useful homebrew utility that runs on the PS Vita / PsTV, and happens to be one of the latest entries into the GekiHEN homebrew competition. Game Shrinker will shrink various aspect of your games by removing manuals, languages, videos and more to save space, as space is a premium on the PS Vita and PlayStation TV devices. Checkout all the details from the developer about this latest Vita Utility for HENkaku.
Vita Game Shrinker
Save valuable space on your memory card by shrinking unneeded manuals, language and video files to 0-Byte files. Game Shrinker automatically searches for manuals, language (text, audio, images) and video files in the game directories and offers you the possibility to shrink them to 0-Byte.
Shrinking files to 0-Byte is usually better supported than completely deleting them and reduces the chance of crashes and getting stuck when the file would usually be accessed by the game. Depending on the game and file, you still cannot shrink every file, though.
Game Shrinker comes with a "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature, which let's you temporary replace a file with a dummy-file. After you tested the game you can then decide to make this change permanent or undo it. (This saves you from having to reinstall the game if you shrinked a file that is obligatory for the the game)
I'm currently working on an advanced shrinking system, where movie files get replaced by short dummy movies which the game can actually load / play. This will additionally reduce the chance of getting stuck or experience crashes. Unfortunately I'm struggling with finding the correct encoding settings, so that the games accept the video files for each of the main video file types on the vita (mp4, usm, bik). So here this first release does not support this, yet.
- In some games the video length is hard coded, this means even though the movie file got removed, the game will wait until the movie would usually have finished. In most games you can skip this time by pressing the typical "Skip cut scene"-Buttons (X, Start, Select or O) repeatedly.
- The file-search uses a key word list to find manuals, language and video files. While this is (by now) pretty reliable for most games, using key words can result in false positives and false negatives, this is why you still have to shrink the found files yourself. If the search does not find any files, try to search and shrink files manually.
- If you find video or language files manually, which are not found by the search algorithm, please send me the name of the game (or the names, or the game id) and I'll try to adjust the key words
- Shrinking the wrong files might break the game. If this happens you will have to reinstall the game on your vita. This is why i recommend to use the "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature and deleting the backup after you tested it.
In case it's not clear, here's a general how to for Game Shrinker:
1. Select the game which you want to shrink
2. Press X to search the games folder for shrinkable files
3. Select a file you want to shrink (like language files in Multi-Lang-Versions)
4. Press R1 to Shrink the selected file or Directory
4.1. Or use "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature
Regarding the "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature, this is how to use it:
1. Select the file you want to shrink.
2. Use L1 to backup the file up and to shrink the original file.
3. Start the game and check if it crashes (this usually happens when the starts up or when the video would usually be played)
4. Go back to Game Shrinker and navigate to the ".backup_"-version of your file
5. If the game Crashed press LT to on the .backup file to restore the backup and remove dummy file
5.1 If the game runs fine, press R1 to permanently delete the backup file and free space on your Memory Card."
Download: Game Shrinker
Mirror: via PSX-Place
PS VITA / PS TV Game Shrinker by Dakor
By STLcardsWS on Sep 24, 2016 at 3:39 PM
CMA Has Been Hacked & Backups Decrypted for all Firmwares even 3.63Well the other day I caught wind of this on Reddit but Yifan Lu quickly made it private as it wasn't ready for public use so I didn't report on this. Well it now seems it is ready and the dev has released this to everyone now. This means we can extract anything from CMA backups even 3.61+ or old ones you have with another account etc. And better yet we can repack these adding what we want as well. Please note this doesn't allow for piracy but some tricks can be done as this will allow one to install ARK on 3.61+ systems without the need of being on 3.60 first or a PS3.
Also some registry hacks can be done and possibly more as time goes on as this is kind of like Pexploit for the PS3 and the EML hacks by mr gas & Major Tom, which at first even the dev behind it didn't see a lot of use for it but over time many others found some nifty uses for it. So enough of my winded speech lets see what the dev has to say and what this is all about.Continue reading
ARK 3.60 Auto Boot pboot - Launch PSP Games & Homebrew from LiveArea by qwikrazor87Following the recent work from vita developer qwikrazor87 who has done some great work with ARK has now released "ARK 3.60 Auto Boot pboot", this release makes launching your PSP Games and brew much easier, from the convenience of the LiveArea. You will have edit your own packages so hopefully we see some other developer's create some tools to automate this process a bit, but its not very hard either. Checkout the release quote from the developer:Continue reading
[Update v1.05] sMAN vv1.02 : New "Setup" Option in side-menu of new UI by deankIf you have not heard of sMAN already. its a new plugin from legendary developer deank. sMAN combines webMAN (vanilla) and recently developed sLaunch feature (that was a separate plugin complementing webMAN). So what is the difference between webMAN & sMAN, sMAN provides a UI experiance for changing games on the XMB, as seen in the ScreenShot provided directly from the XMB you will be greeted with this new way to mount a game. Prefer the original way? Then deank still has you covered with his original webMAN plugin as well. This update provides a new "Setup" option in the side menu and also completely does away with the "My Games" entry on the XMB and to launch the sMAN (slaunch feature) simple hold the START button on your dualshock controller to launch this new UI from the XMB. See full details in deank's release quoteContinue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- cobra cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 homebrew
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3 plugin
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
The best PS2 soft-modding-installer around (newest version available here) -SP193