Developer Dakor has released a useful homebrew utility that runs on the PS Vita / PsTV, and happens to be one of the latest entries into the GekiHEN homebrew competition. Game Shrinker will shrink various aspect of your games by removing manuals, languages, videos and more to save space, as space is a premium on the PS Vita and PlayStation TV devices. Checkout all the details from the developer about this latest Vita Utility for HENkaku.
Vita Game Shrinker
Save valuable space on your memory card by shrinking unneeded manuals, language and video files to 0-Byte files. Game Shrinker automatically searches for manuals, language (text, audio, images) and video files in the game directories and offers you the possibility to shrink them to 0-Byte.
Shrinking files to 0-Byte is usually better supported than completely deleting them and reduces the chance of crashes and getting stuck when the file would usually be accessed by the game. Depending on the game and file, you still cannot shrink every file, though.
Game Shrinker comes with a "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature, which let's you temporary replace a file with a dummy-file. After you tested the game you can then decide to make this change permanent or undo it. (This saves you from having to reinstall the game if you shrinked a file that is obligatory for the the game)
I'm currently working on an advanced shrinking system, where movie files get replaced by short dummy movies which the game can actually load / play. This will additionally reduce the chance of getting stuck or experience crashes. Unfortunately I'm struggling with finding the correct encoding settings, so that the games accept the video files for each of the main video file types on the vita (mp4, usm, bik). So here this first release does not support this, yet.
- In some games the video length is hard coded, this means even though the movie file got removed, the game will wait until the movie would usually have finished. In most games you can skip this time by pressing the typical "Skip cut scene"-Buttons (X, Start, Select or O) repeatedly.
- The file-search uses a key word list to find manuals, language and video files. While this is (by now) pretty reliable for most games, using key words can result in false positives and false negatives, this is why you still have to shrink the found files yourself. If the search does not find any files, try to search and shrink files manually.
- If you find video or language files manually, which are not found by the search algorithm, please send me the name of the game (or the names, or the game id) and I'll try to adjust the key words
- Shrinking the wrong files might break the game. If this happens you will have to reinstall the game on your vita. This is why i recommend to use the "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature and deleting the backup after you tested it.
In case it's not clear, here's a general how to for Game Shrinker:
1. Select the game which you want to shrink
2. Press X to search the games folder for shrinkable files
3. Select a file you want to shrink (like language files in Multi-Lang-Versions)
4. Press R1 to Shrink the selected file or Directory
4.1. Or use "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature
Regarding the "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature, this is how to use it:
1. Select the file you want to shrink.
2. Use L1 to backup the file up and to shrink the original file.
3. Start the game and check if it crashes (this usually happens when the starts up or when the video would usually be played)
4. Go back to Game Shrinker and navigate to the ".backup_"-version of your file
5. If the game Crashed press LT to on the .backup file to restore the backup and remove dummy file
5.1 If the game runs fine, press R1 to permanently delete the backup file and free space on your Memory Card."
Download: Game Shrinker
Mirror: via PSX-Place
PS VITA / PS TV Game Shrinker by Dakor
By STLcardsWS on Sep 24, 2016 at 3:39 PM
PS3 PRO MOD - Give your XMB a new look with these mods by LuanTelesHere is a cool mod for 4.81 PS3 Custom Firmware user's as psx-place memeber LuanTeles has put together and released a suite of XMB modifications that he has dubbed the PS3 PRO MOD. This collections contains he PS3 PRO coldboot & gameboot, new boot & xmb sounds, New Custom Icons & new xmb wave , Checkout the video preview and see the included release post for additional details-STLcardsWSContinue reading
Adrenaline 5.1 Update Now LiveSeems developer TheFl0w has been busy yet again but this time with his eCFW (Adrenaline) for the PS Vita pushing the latest 5.1 and remember if you already have it installed you can simply update from the xmb using the built in function by Sony. Here is the change-log with all the changes outlined in v5.1.Continue reading
ArkFast v2.2 - gdljjrod announces new functions in this update.gdljjrod has released version 2.2 of the PS Vita / PlayStation TV utility called ArkFast. This HENkaku homebrew (vpk) created with OneLua will easily install ARK-2 for the firmware's internal PSP emulator on HENkaku exploit (for firmware 3.60). With this update the developers now give the ability to clone any PSP Game and new pboot.pbp checks that provides a couple of new features as defined in the included change log provided.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 homebrew
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: