Developer Dakor has released a useful homebrew utility that runs on the PS Vita / PsTV, and happens to be one of the latest entries into the GekiHEN homebrew competition. Game Shrinker will shrink various aspect of your games by removing manuals, languages, videos and more to save space, as space is a premium on the PS Vita and PlayStation TV devices. Checkout all the details from the developer about this latest Vita Utility for HENkaku.
Vita Game Shrinker
Save valuable space on your memory card by shrinking unneeded manuals, language and video files to 0-Byte files. Game Shrinker automatically searches for manuals, language (text, audio, images) and video files in the game directories and offers you the possibility to shrink them to 0-Byte.
Shrinking files to 0-Byte is usually better supported than completely deleting them and reduces the chance of crashes and getting stuck when the file would usually be accessed by the game. Depending on the game and file, you still cannot shrink every file, though.
Game Shrinker comes with a "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature, which let's you temporary replace a file with a dummy-file. After you tested the game you can then decide to make this change permanent or undo it. (This saves you from having to reinstall the game if you shrinked a file that is obligatory for the the game)
I'm currently working on an advanced shrinking system, where movie files get replaced by short dummy movies which the game can actually load / play. This will additionally reduce the chance of getting stuck or experience crashes. Unfortunately I'm struggling with finding the correct encoding settings, so that the games accept the video files for each of the main video file types on the vita (mp4, usm, bik). So here this first release does not support this, yet.
- In some games the video length is hard coded, this means even though the movie file got removed, the game will wait until the movie would usually have finished. In most games you can skip this time by pressing the typical "Skip cut scene"-Buttons (X, Start, Select or O) repeatedly.
- The file-search uses a key word list to find manuals, language and video files. While this is (by now) pretty reliable for most games, using key words can result in false positives and false negatives, this is why you still have to shrink the found files yourself. If the search does not find any files, try to search and shrink files manually.
- If you find video or language files manually, which are not found by the search algorithm, please send me the name of the game (or the names, or the game id) and I'll try to adjust the key words
- Shrinking the wrong files might break the game. If this happens you will have to reinstall the game on your vita. This is why i recommend to use the "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature and deleting the backup after you tested it.
In case it's not clear, here's a general how to for Game Shrinker:
1. Select the game which you want to shrink
2. Press X to search the games folder for shrinkable files
3. Select a file you want to shrink (like language files in Multi-Lang-Versions)
4. Press R1 to Shrink the selected file or Directory
4.1. Or use "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature
Regarding the "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature, this is how to use it:
1. Select the file you want to shrink.
2. Use L1 to backup the file up and to shrink the original file.
3. Start the game and check if it crashes (this usually happens when the starts up or when the video would usually be played)
4. Go back to Game Shrinker and navigate to the ".backup_"-version of your file
5. If the game Crashed press LT to on the .backup file to restore the backup and remove dummy file
5.1 If the game runs fine, press R1 to permanently delete the backup file and free space on your Memory Card."
Download: Game Shrinker
Mirror: via PSX-Place
PS VITA / PS TV Game Shrinker by Dakor
By STLcardsWS on Sep 24, 2016 at 3:39 PM
PS4 NES - Full Speed NES Emulator (5.05 FW) by m0rph3us1987
Last week we seen developer flatz add C# Code & OpenGL Support to the PS4 and slowly it has appeared that the homebrew scene is starting to gain some traction as we keep seeing new release and progress made forward,. Today developer m0rph3us1987 take's his POC NES Emulator and adds a full-Speed, the emulation is based on LaiNES emulator..With this version the dev has also stated PAL Roms will have better emulation then NTSC roms currently. You can see a sample of some footage of this ps4 homebrew in action via a short clip provided by @wa7ly on twitter.
This release is only for PS4 Firmware 5.05 (exploited)
4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (v7.3 lite) CFW &- NoBD / NoBT versions Released@Bobby_Downgrades not only released a suite of 4.83 STANDARD CEX CFW for the PS3, but also a suite of 4.83 COBRA CFW, developer Alexander recently also released a COBRA CFW now he two will differ a bit as this one from @Bobby_Downgrades is based off COBRA v7.3 (a lite version), so while both are 4.83 Cobra CFW the payloads while very similar are different versions.. The COBRA Editions contain all the Standard CEX features plus the extra Cobra features, plugin support, ISO Support, Network Streaming Support for Game over your local network are just some of those features added with the Cobra payload. Additional information about this release can see below along with the NoBD and NoBT editions to go along for those damaged console that rely on those type of builds.Continue reading
4.83 OVERFLOW CFW - STANDARD CEX / NoBD & NoBT editions Released
Following the release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA, we have developer @Bobby_Downgrades who has dropped various editions of 4.83 Custom Firmware, first off is a suite of standard cex choices, If your console is running perfectly fine and has no damaged components the the regular standard cex will do just fine, but you have an issue where BD / Logic Board or the Bluetooth/WiFi chip then there is special version of the firmware to bypass those components and allow for your PS3 to be used agai (minus those components)
This Standard CEX features all the usual CFW Patches for operating Homebrew App and personal backups, plus a few extra options for this CFW that can be seen in the details belowContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
All in one - Scans a package folder and serves them onto your PS3's XMB, Breaking the 4GB barrier!