Developer Dakor has released a useful homebrew utility that runs on the PS Vita / PsTV, and happens to be one of the latest entries into the GekiHEN homebrew competition. Game Shrinker will shrink various aspect of your games by removing manuals, languages, videos and more to save space, as space is a premium on the PS Vita and PlayStation TV devices. Checkout all the details from the developer about this latest Vita Utility for HENkaku.
Vita Game Shrinker
Save valuable space on your memory card by shrinking unneeded manuals, language and video files to 0-Byte files. Game Shrinker automatically searches for manuals, language (text, audio, images) and video files in the game directories and offers you the possibility to shrink them to 0-Byte.
Shrinking files to 0-Byte is usually better supported than completely deleting them and reduces the chance of crashes and getting stuck when the file would usually be accessed by the game. Depending on the game and file, you still cannot shrink every file, though.
Game Shrinker comes with a "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature, which let's you temporary replace a file with a dummy-file. After you tested the game you can then decide to make this change permanent or undo it. (This saves you from having to reinstall the game if you shrinked a file that is obligatory for the the game)
I'm currently working on an advanced shrinking system, where movie files get replaced by short dummy movies which the game can actually load / play. This will additionally reduce the chance of getting stuck or experience crashes. Unfortunately I'm struggling with finding the correct encoding settings, so that the games accept the video files for each of the main video file types on the vita (mp4, usm, bik). So here this first release does not support this, yet.
- In some games the video length is hard coded, this means even though the movie file got removed, the game will wait until the movie would usually have finished. In most games you can skip this time by pressing the typical "Skip cut scene"-Buttons (X, Start, Select or O) repeatedly.
- The file-search uses a key word list to find manuals, language and video files. While this is (by now) pretty reliable for most games, using key words can result in false positives and false negatives, this is why you still have to shrink the found files yourself. If the search does not find any files, try to search and shrink files manually.
- If you find video or language files manually, which are not found by the search algorithm, please send me the name of the game (or the names, or the game id) and I'll try to adjust the key words
- Shrinking the wrong files might break the game. If this happens you will have to reinstall the game on your vita. This is why i recommend to use the "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature and deleting the backup after you tested it.
In case it's not clear, here's a general how to for Game Shrinker:
1. Select the game which you want to shrink
2. Press X to search the games folder for shrinkable files
3. Select a file you want to shrink (like language files in Multi-Lang-Versions)
4. Press R1 to Shrink the selected file or Directory
4.1. Or use "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature
Regarding the "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature, this is how to use it:
1. Select the file you want to shrink.
2. Use L1 to backup the file up and to shrink the original file.
3. Start the game and check if it crashes (this usually happens when the starts up or when the video would usually be played)
4. Go back to Game Shrinker and navigate to the ".backup_"-version of your file
5. If the game Crashed press LT to on the .backup file to restore the backup and remove dummy file
5.1 If the game runs fine, press R1 to permanently delete the backup file and free space on your Memory Card."
Download: Game Shrinker
Mirror: via PSX-Place
PS VITA / PS TV Game Shrinker by Dakor
By STLcardsWS on Sep 24, 2016 at 3:39 PM
ePSP Bubble Installer 3.1 (by CelesteBlue)Since we last checked in on this homebrew, developer CelesteBlue has made several updates to the incredibly useful ePSP Bubble Installer with the release of version 3.0 and 3.1. Which added the ability to duplicate ePSP bubbles & adds a bubble Removal functions (v3.1 actually fixes an issue with the new feature added in 3.0) & various other changes have been outlined in the logs, a very useful utility for exploiting and utilizing the psp emulator with henkaku.Continue reading
Configuration Manager v0.20 (by DeViL303): Several new additions are present in this updateEveryone like XMB mods, Right? Well we know @DeViL303 is no stranger to XMB Modding and if you did not checkout the inaugural version of Configuration Manager you can give this latest update a go as we see several new additions to the release adding confirmation dialogs for copy operations. plus a few features outlined in the changelog provided. Also if your more XMB mods be sure to view the recent work from @Berion 's as the dev pushes an unofficial update to XMB Manager Plus with the release of XMBM+ 2k17. Continue reading
Project Void v0.0.3 (by Akabane87) - Many new elements & progress in this homebrew GameFollowing the previous update to Project Void from developer Akabane87, we have seen an extensive changes that includes a vast amount of changes, making this one step (of the many) closer to a complete game and this homebrew project is really impressive as Project Void put you in a dogfight in space with your ship against the elements. This update brings alot of new elements so give this new vpk a go and also read the "Latest Update" tab for all the details of this update. Also view what is currently playable and operational within Project Void.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 homebrew
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3 plugin
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: