Developer Dakor has released a useful homebrew utility that runs on the PS Vita / PsTV, and happens to be one of the latest entries into the GekiHEN homebrew competition. Game Shrinker will shrink various aspect of your games by removing manuals, languages, videos and more to save space, as space is a premium on the PS Vita and PlayStation TV devices. Checkout all the details from the developer about this latest Vita Utility for HENkaku.
Vita Game Shrinker
Save valuable space on your memory card by shrinking unneeded manuals, language and video files to 0-Byte files. Game Shrinker automatically searches for manuals, language (text, audio, images) and video files in the game directories and offers you the possibility to shrink them to 0-Byte.
Shrinking files to 0-Byte is usually better supported than completely deleting them and reduces the chance of crashes and getting stuck when the file would usually be accessed by the game. Depending on the game and file, you still cannot shrink every file, though.
Game Shrinker comes with a "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature, which let's you temporary replace a file with a dummy-file. After you tested the game you can then decide to make this change permanent or undo it. (This saves you from having to reinstall the game if you shrinked a file that is obligatory for the the game)
I'm currently working on an advanced shrinking system, where movie files get replaced by short dummy movies which the game can actually load / play. This will additionally reduce the chance of getting stuck or experience crashes. Unfortunately I'm struggling with finding the correct encoding settings, so that the games accept the video files for each of the main video file types on the vita (mp4, usm, bik). So here this first release does not support this, yet.
- In some games the video length is hard coded, this means even though the movie file got removed, the game will wait until the movie would usually have finished. In most games you can skip this time by pressing the typical "Skip cut scene"-Buttons (X, Start, Select or O) repeatedly.
- The file-search uses a key word list to find manuals, language and video files. While this is (by now) pretty reliable for most games, using key words can result in false positives and false negatives, this is why you still have to shrink the found files yourself. If the search does not find any files, try to search and shrink files manually.
- If you find video or language files manually, which are not found by the search algorithm, please send me the name of the game (or the names, or the game id) and I'll try to adjust the key words
- Shrinking the wrong files might break the game. If this happens you will have to reinstall the game on your vita. This is why i recommend to use the "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature and deleting the backup after you tested it.
In case it's not clear, here's a general how to for Game Shrinker:
1. Select the game which you want to shrink
2. Press X to search the games folder for shrinkable files
3. Select a file you want to shrink (like language files in Multi-Lang-Versions)
4. Press R1 to Shrink the selected file or Directory
4.1. Or use "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature
Regarding the "Try-A-Dummy"-Feature, this is how to use it:
1. Select the file you want to shrink.
2. Use L1 to backup the file up and to shrink the original file.
3. Start the game and check if it crashes (this usually happens when the starts up or when the video would usually be played)
4. Go back to Game Shrinker and navigate to the ".backup_"-version of your file
5. If the game Crashed press LT to on the .backup file to restore the backup and remove dummy file
5.1 If the game runs fine, press R1 to permanently delete the backup file and free space on your Memory Card."
Download: Game Shrinker
Mirror: via PSX-Place
PS VITA / PS TV Game Shrinker by Dakor
By STLcardsWS on Sep 24, 2016 at 3:39 PM
4.82 NoBD CFW Options ( REBUG / FERROX / OVERFLOW ) : Unable to boot Apps / Games from PS3 XMB?Here is a type of CFW for PlayStation 3 consoles with a broken BD Logic Board/Drive and contains an issue of not being able to boot anything from the PS3 XMB. It does not matter if the content is stored on the DISC or HDD, you can not launch anything from the XMB with PS3 Console's contain this defect. If that sounds like a PS3 console you have laying around or know someone who might have that issue, there is good news as there is an easy fix (Yes, Sony its easy and Sony should issue this patch themselves). Simply by disabling & patching the Disc drive, developer's in the PS3 community have found out this allows those otherwise useless consoles to launch items once again from the PS3 XMB, So play your purchased Content from PSN / Disc Backups ect/ Purchase things from PSN store/ play video & use services once again on your PS3. noBD CFW for a majority will never be used, but is a great option for PS3 owners that are otherwise stuck with a broken console that would only use would be a power hungry screensaver. So lets take a look at some of the NoBD CFW options and favors we have seen released to this pointContinue reading
TubeVita v1.02 [by thehero_] "The Return of YouTube on your PSVITA"Two years ago the YouTube application for PSVITA was deleted from the PlayStation Store along with support. I created a simple application that allows you to use YouTube directly from the web browser with the use of uri call and with easy functions. I also posted the code source on GitHub (editable by everyone) and the download availableContinue reading
REBUG 4.82.1: LITE Edition CFW (w/ Rebug Toolbox 2.02.15 + Cobra v7.54)Team Rebug has decided to release 4.82 REBUG - LITE EDITION, this is not a REBUG REX CFW. REX is a hybrid type of firmware that uses CEX (retail firmware) & DEX (debug firmware), DEX firmware usually takes some time after a firmware update to emerge into the public hand, this has not happened for 4.82 at this time. So, the team decided to release a 100% CEX based CFW for 4.82. This only make sense with an influx of new CFW user's looking for a quality CFW thanks to the PS3Xploit Nor/Nand Flash Writer for CFW Installs on 4.82 OFW. By default (after installation) this firmware acts similar to a "Standard CFW", but when REBUG TOOLBOX is installed (see tab below for details about REBUG Toolbox), you can toggle "ON" COBRA (v7.54) to make this a full fledged COBRA CFW with a simple Toggle Option in Rebug Toolbox, Cobra is essentially a payload that adds various features to the CFW, such as Background Plugin Support on boot, Local streaming of games, ISO Support (PS3/PS2/PS1/PSP/DVD/BD) are just a few of the many highlights that COBRA adds to a CFW ( all Features can be viewed in the COBRA tab.).Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
This GBA Emulator is the best one to use with 98% of GBA Games on PS2 (HDD-USB-MC) -belek666
A simple upgrade for the official shell