PS3 General questions and answers about HAN

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by Scorpion355, Aug 10, 2018.

1. 153
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

those questions might be very simplistic, and/or already answered, but it might be helpful for some people.

1- is Ps3xploit v3 ( HAN ) safe to install ?
    - Yes, As long as you're following the right instructions, keep in mind that every little detail matters.

2- does Ps3xploit v3 (HAN) support every PS3 model?
    - basically Yes, if your console is on 4.81 or 4.82 System firmware, then your system is supported, however the main focus on HAN was to deliver the taste of Custom Firmware/jailbreak to the models that aren't possible to jailbreak, such as the Slim models 3XXX or Super Slim models.
    If your console can install CFW that is the better choice than HAN.
    3- is there any risk getting banned while playing online when the HAN is installed onto your System?

-There might be a risk, but it's probably only 1%, there were no reports from the users getting banned with Han.

4- is it safe to rebuild database from the SafeMode?
    - Yes, confirmed by @sandungas and tested by me, as he says, Restoring your filesystem from time to time is actually healthy for your system, especially if your console has recently frozen/crashed. Consider Restoring the filesystem from the SafeMode. Rebuilding the database on the other hand is not required, as it automatically does this whenever you install something and/or delete.

5- can i install Homebrew apps on my ps3 with HAN?

- No, this is not possible as of yet to install PS3 Homebrew Apps and plugins,
    Since the PS1/PS2/PSP emulators are unlocked with HAN some limited PS1 / PS2 homebrew is supported (However PSP homebrew does not work well).

6- how do i transfer my backup games larger than 4GB from my computer to the PS3 since my flashdrive doesn't allow me to do so?

-the answer to this is "PKG linker" this program allows you to transfer your PKG or Backup games larger than 4GB to your PS3, however, you will need a few things to get started:

* A computer
    * An Ethernet Cable
    * A PS3
    * PKG LINKER or PKG linker v2 program
    Further instructions are here: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tu...tly-via-ethernet-cable-rj45-pkg-linker.17036/ credits to @Agoni212 for the tutorial

Credits goes to @pink1 and @DeViL303 for building a great program PKG linker.
    Special thanks to
    The PS3Xploit Team: W, @esc0rtd3w , @bguerville & @habib for HAN, PS3xploit-resigner an extra thanks to habib for the help with the signing type.

@Berion for the icons.

@Rudi Rastelli for PS3 PKG Ripper.

All of the other developers and members from over the years who have helped in any way.

7- Great, i have installed HAN on my PS3, but how do i make han enabler offline?

- since HAN is a web toolkit, you can't do much about it, your only choice to use HAN enabler offline is either to host a server from your Android phone, or from PKG LINKER V2.
    If you'd like to do it from your Android phone, then you're gonna need a few things.

* "Simple http server" can be downloaded from the PlayStore.

* HAN htmls, which can be downloaded here by my link -----> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1oEqYiToVx4QQIzbKRo8XSbJmdjerh9cF
    Now that you got everything downloaded, let's get started.
    enter the HTML app> settings>document root> set your han enabler htmls destination
    - exit and then turn on mobile hotspot
    - run the server in html server
    - now from the ps3 go to the network settings

- custom>scan>find your mobile hotspot network> automatic ALL> test connection.
    - you should get "obtain IP: success"
    "Network connection FAILED"
    - go to the browser and enter the IP that's written in the app, EXAMPLE: http://192.168.43.1:XXXX/ ( the ip will depend whether you're on wifi or hotspot, so make sure to be on hotspot since ips will be
    different)
    Once everything entered, you should see the htmls, and you're all set, use this when you don't have any Network connection since it's a little bit of long process.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  2. 153
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

If you have any general questions han related, feel free to post them here.

DeViL303 and STLcardsWS like this.
  3. 14
    Sharky987

Sharky987 Forum Noob

Is there any solution for games there are not update??

4. 153
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

Unfortunately no.

Sharky987 likes this.
  5. 7,688
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Nice thread @Scorpion355
    Below are some additions to some of the explanations that may be useful (more then welcome to use them or not) No credits needed for me if used. Or they can say here in the post below.

2- does Ps3xploit v3 (HAN) support every PS3 model?
    - basically Yes, if your console is on 4.81 or 4.82 System firmware, then your system is supported, however the main focus on HAN was to deliver the taste of Custom Firmware/jailbreak to the models that aren't possible to jailbreak, such as the Slim models 3XXX or Super Slim models. If your console can install CFW that is the better choice then HAN.

3- is there any risk getting banned while playing online when the HAN is installed onto your System?

-There is a risk when going online with an exploited system/files, No one knows for sure the risk, there has not been heavily reports of bans using HAN but USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. . If sony was looking to block HAN they would of EASILY done this with a simple firmware update, which would of also killed the exploit for current firmware. Which Sony has not done in now almost a year now ( very telling)., However some games that have their own servers may issue a ban/flag your console before Sony, to protect their games as they will have some different counter measures. The rule of thumb is Respect the network and use your console just like an OFW and you should reduce the risk by a great margin, but nothing is guaranteed as we never know what Sony/ game devs are up to.

5- can i install Homebrew apps on my ps3 with HAN?

- No, this is not possible as of yet to install PS3 Homebrew Apps and plugins,
    Since the PS1/PS2/PSP emulators are unlocked with HAN some limited PS1 / PS2 homebrew is supported (However PSP homebrew does not work well).

6. 153
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

Thanks! @STLcardsWS i am looking forward to use your additional explanation.

7. 104
    unseen

unseen Member

So there is absolutely no way of controlling the fan I assume?

8. 153
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

With HAN ? Nope, no homebrew, no joy. :(

DeViL303 likes this.
  9. 14
    Sharky987

Sharky987 Forum Noob

What exactly are the self remplacer?(bdemu)
    My ps3 was on cfw 3.55 after a accidently update on ofw 4.76 the bdplayer can read the dvd but not the games
    It can fix the problem ?

10. 7,688
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Do you think your question might get better results if a thread was created on its own?
    or posting in a thread that is unrelated to the subject?

DeViL303 likes this.
  11. 14
    Sharky987

Sharky987 Forum Noob

Yes! Sorry

12. 46
    blakluv69

blakluv69 Forum Noob

Has It Been AbsOlutely cOnfirmed that My (PS3-SuperSlim#4.82)
    Is nOw SuppOrted?
    cause if it is, I NEED UR HELP
    BASICALLY, I Want 2 Correctly Install The DLC'S That I've dOwnlOaded fOr (GTA-V-ONLINE) and I Ran intO a pOst that said,
    (PS3-Super Slim's can not Be jailBrOken nOr Altered)
    ‍♂️‍♂️

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

13. 9,517
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

superslims can't be jailbroken. that term suggests full control of the system. a more appropriate term is exploited.

blakluv69 likes this.
  14. 153
    Scorpion355

Scorpion355 Member

Thanks
    Basically what @pinky said,the late Slim models and Superslims are not possible to jailbreak, however you can install an exploit on it. Which is ps3exploit aka HAN.

blakluv69 likes this.
  15. 46
    blakluv69

blakluv69 Forum Noob

@pinky regardless Of the term I use, you know whut I'm referring to

Sent from my SM-S7-Edge. using Tapatalk App

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2018
    pinky likes this.
  16. 9,517
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

yes, lol. ;)

17. 1,206
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

blakluv69 likes this.
  18. 46
    blakluv69

blakluv69 Forum Noob

OH, sO There Is A Way, Jeeezz-LousieOnce I read that it can't be done I just finished deleting All Of the files I had dwnldd for tht sOle purpOseI will Read this New InfO n get tO it if it's as easy as Said

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

19. 3
    ImUrGuy

ImUrGuy Forum Noob

Hi there, thanks for making this thread. It's very helpful! I just have one thing to ask for clarification:

How does playing PS1/PS2/PSP games work on HAN? Does it HAVE to be a PSN title? Do ISO's have any sort of support on HAN?

20. 1,206
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

Have a look here for PS1/PS2/PSP games http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-convert-psx-ps2-psp-games-for-ps3xploit-3-0-han.16690/. HAN doesn't have any kind of ISO support.

To make your stay with us a little nicer for you be sure to check out the site rules http://www.psx-place.com/threads/site-forum-rules-guidelines.79/