Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

General Questions from a newbie

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by ichdrope, Jan 4, 2019.

1. 1,015
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Emotional? the comments in bold are fact. no emotion here just simple plain facts. How would you like it if I started to rip off any work you or someone in your family did? you wouldn't like it would you??. And no you don't need to justify it because you are a thief, simple as, to me, to the law. And it simple because you can go to prison for what you are doing. You cannot however go to prison for owning 1 backup of each digital content you own, jailbreaking your consoles, are creating homebrew for said consoles.

If you live in such a rural place why not get things online? or is your internet rural as well???? its called no excuse and being lazy and a thief . WOW 40,000, i live in a town of less and still don't pirate.

2. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Are you sure? Because from what i just researched the most a company can do is send a letter to you through your ISP, by law you are not required to do anything including stopping your piracy, in fact a company got taken to court by someone and lost, and the government ruled that you are in no way required by law to pay copyright owners for pirated content, ALSO, downloading pirated content is legal in Canada, uploading it is what's illegal.

This is part of privacy laws in Canada, our government is not allowed to view our internet activity by law, and as part of a trade agreement with the US, they can't view it either.

3. 342
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

What kind of discussions could it possibly spark aside from people giving and/or seeking advice on how to pirate - something which is very much specified in the rules? I fail to see how discussing piracy in any shape or form would be beneficial to the forum. What you are suggesting is changing the forum rules to allow some discussion of piracy, when such discussion is clearly prohibited on the forum.

I'm aware of Canada's lax piracy laws, but again we're not talking about it from a purely legal standpoint. While what may be universally agreed as legal in one locale is illegal in another, the fact remains that the site prohibits the discussion of piracy. The forum staff have universally agreed that piracy and its discussion are not to be tolerated here, so your opinions and even your assertions that what you're doing is not illegal where you live, are completely immaterial as it's the site rules we adhere to when posting here.
    If this was really the case then you would have refrained from discussing piracy altogether, instead of arguing semantics over whether your own pirating habits are okay to discuss vis-a-vis discussing it with others.

Cypher_CG89 likes this.
  4. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Still would like an actual staff member to post rather than these dudes, I don't know what credit they have so I'll refrain from following their advice for now.

Also you guys make alot of assumptions and consider them fact.. lol. That's why i can't take you seriously atm.

5. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

I've asked a moderator to delete this topic or any posts not on topic to the discussion, let's just drop this and move on , it's getting tiresome now.

Also cypher, good luck ripping off my work as I build houses, after 7 years all companies who have tried to take our work by lowballing or rushing has failed and we're still here going strong, see the difference between my work and your work is what people do to their houses after I'm gone is on them, they could burn it down for all I care lol. More than likely I'll be called in to do the work again and make even more money.

6. 8,091
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Well this is easy to explain.. I wrote those rules so well... They mean what they say and they are not just rules posted to say "ohh we fight it". (We actually do)... WE DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY IN ANY WAY..... You can buy games, but you can not buy user created idea's on store shelves. We support the creation of those user idea's and home solution (i.e. homebrew) and various system hacks that enhance the system.

I explained the rule here in another post a few moments ago,
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/cfw2ofw-help.22044/page-2#post-152791

7. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

I understand you wrote them, I'm just saying they are not 100% fully elaborated on, it doesn't say "We don't support piracy ENTIRELY" it says we don't support piracy and then there's bullet points underneath which makes it seem like those are the two rules surrounding piracy, that's what I'm getting at, it's vague.

8. 8,091
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

not really No piracy... Its really that simple..

9. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Your rules and what you posted above are entirely two different statements, sure coming from your position of being the person who wrote them and a staff member and also someone who's been here long enough it's easy to say, but finding the rules let alone interpreting them all is on me as a new person and I may not interpret them all the same, especially when they're vague.

10. 61
    Ashmund

Ashmund Forum Noob

Anyways, as I said a few posts above, I had asked a Moderator to delete this thread or at least all the posts that are off topic so we can stop the discussion and move on, I understand piracy isn't allowed in any way and won't bring it up further, there's no need to continue on honestly.