[GUIDE] Unbrick a PS3 after an unfortunate PS3Xploit flash

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by littlebalup, Dec 16, 2018.

1. 2
    First last

First last Forum Noob

Hello I have flashed my ps3 slim 3xx with a 2xx exploit without backup. This procedure could fix my ps3?

2. 243
    Yugonibblit

Yugonibblit PSX-Place Supporter

Mechanic
    you should have made a back up dump!!!, you could try dumping again to try to find your pre console id. then build a new dump, from scratch, read carfully the tut.

3. 2
    First last

First last Forum Noob

When you say : I should have made a backup dump... I saw a tutorial to install cfw on ps3 by usb drive and I did not take any security backups from web exploit url.
    My ps3 do not turn on by himself... Since it was restarted from there...
    With this tutorial and E3 flasher can be solved?

4. 243
    Yugonibblit

Yugonibblit PSX-Place Supporter

Mechanic
    only if you have your pre console data

5. 1,310
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

With an e3 flasher you should be able to get it running again.
    Using the exploit none of your per console data is over written so as long as you get a good dump and then patch over the exploit data it should be fine.
    Be careful when using the e3 flasher because you can permanently brick your system if you don’t start with a good dump of the flash.

Coldheart2236 and Yugonibblit like this.
  6. 4
    watq

watq Forum Noob

7. 779
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

If you went through ANY flashing process and didn't take a backup first, you must stop and ask yourself why.
    Why do you not care about your console? Why are you taking unnecessary risk? Why is this guide not mentioning backup? Why am I even watching/reading anything that doesn't recommend a backup first? Why am I safe if this goes wrong? Why have I not made a backup yet?

When you exploit/flash/jailbreak a console, you are writing data to a part of the console that isn't supposed to be written (technically). This is not 100% guaranteed to work stuff, like putting a disc in the console. NOT making a backup, is like finding out someone has HIV, then tearing off the condom and doing your business anyways. Then expecting not to test positive for HIV.

At least in this console scenario, you aren't being left with an incurable disease that will eventually cause your death.

I wish neither on anyone, but chuckle when people don't backup and expect ANY kind of semblance of hope. Sure, with ps3xploit there is some hope, but they messed up the easier steps...who's to say they won't mess up on the harder steps?

It's easier to just chuck it and get another one and be somewhat intelligent about it this time. You'll remember the loss, and it'll fuel you to never do that again.

Yugonibblit likes this.
Tags: