HAN exploit and hard disk replacement

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by jasgan, Jun 27, 2018.

1. 5
    jasgan

jasgan New Member

Hello.First of all congratulations for HAN, a trully great exploit.Amazing work.Using it on a PS3 slim with 500gb internal space with OFW 4.82 I've managed to install so far PS3, PSone, PSP and quite a few PSN games.The only problem: space is running out because I also use PS3 as a music jukebox of sorts with lots of mp3s and videos in it.My question is: If I backup my ps3 on an external drive, replace the internal one with say a 2 tbb new one and then re-install my backup from my external drive will HAN work properly or I will have to reinstall the exploit?Forgive me if this has been answered before, I need to know in order to decide if I should get a new internal drive or not.Thank you in advance.

2. 7,073
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Thanks.

The maximum recommended sizes to avoid any compatibility issues are 1Tb for internal hdd & 2Tb for external hdd.

As long as the game files & the act.dat/rif licenses in the home profile folder are restored, HAN games should work fine.

3. 5
    jasgan

jasgan New Member

Thank you for the quick reply.So 2tb can cause compatibility issues?I really didn't know that.I've heard people using 1.5 tb on their slims on ofw with no issues.Unfortunately the one I'm looking to buy (Seagate firecuda) only comes as 1 or 2 tb model.So it's 1 tb for me then.Much obliged.

4. 8,288
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

1.5TB is hit or miss. it's more miss though, so it's not worth buying one and it not working properly.

5. 5
    jasgan

jasgan New Member

Good to know!Once again thank you and keep up the good work.

6. 64
    JoJoTheIdiotBoi

JoJoTheIdiotBoi Member

Speaking of the 2TB external HDD thing, will it be possible to run games off of one on an unmodded PS3 console someday? Is this actually feasible and something worth trying to set a goal for?

7. 7,073
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

The day you get a full jailbreak (ie full kernel & hypervisor exploitation), it will be possible to implement, same as on CFW. Until then, no.