Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HDD replacements issue + re install CFW + re Flash exploit V2 issue I solved

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by SoJustMe, Sep 22, 2018.

?

can you boot from a second internal HDD and both is working ?

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. i did not try it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 50
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

hello guys,

problem 1:
    Today i did replace my HDD 300GB on ps3 already exploited using ps3Xploit v2 to an HDD 1TB then install CFW 4.81 Rebug and it worked normally >>>> but after few hours i thought to put my old HDD to see if it still work and unfortunately my ps3 did not recognize the system that already installed in old HDD and required to reinstall the system again , why is that ? should don't just boot the old system from old HDD that has the same CFW ?? and can i boot to safe mode to have an option to restore file system or rebuild data?

then

problem 2:

i take out my old HDD 300GB then put a 3rd HDD 500GB and when i tried to install CFW it send a massage that it is corrupted then tried 4.82 rebug and gave the same massage, the i put back the HDD 1TB but it required to be re installed and i did that with CFW but gave me same corrupted error ,after that i put OFW 4.82 and install it and worked just fine , here i realized the exploiting on my ps3 has gone and i did flash it AGAIN using ps3Xploit V2 , the new system been rest in time to 2012/1/1 00:00:00

why is the flashing has gone ? and why the new system been rest time 2012 > is it a Bios battery ? and why once i take out the HDD and put it back with doing nothing, it require to be reinstalled ? i remember a day that i take it out and put it back and nothing like this happened.

i am sorry i have to write a story but i have to give you a full explanation Lol

Question : how can i boot from 2 internal HDD i want to switch between them , need an OFW on one of them!!

Edit: 2018/9/24

Solved

i believe you can do it normally with FERROX on 2 HDD

>>> the problem was on Rebug CFW to install the system on new HDD it gives lot of errors

hint: installing OFW will remove ps3Xploit V2 so you need to do it again

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  2. 1,033
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Yes you can have 2 hard drives one with cfw and one with ofw. This requires the e3 flasher and is the only method i know of and use. I have a thread on here along with another mod detailing the process. I do not know if it is possible with just the han v2 method bc i had to solder a wire specifically for this method. I believe it was the sbe point. Its been awhile i have to refresh my memory on the process.

SoJustMe likes this.
  3. 1,033
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

I think it is correct in the fact that you have to re initialize the exploit eaxh rime you insert a new hard drive, then install cfw. I think once you do that though you can use the drive as you have setup. Thats what i remember from when i did it. Install ofw twice, run exploit, then cfw 2 times and it should work. I just feel that im missing something bc i felt it required the e3 to be hardwired in.

SoJustMe likes this.
  4. 1,033
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

5. 1,033
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

SoJustMe likes this.
  6. 50
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

[QUOTE="nCadeRegal, post: 138028, member: 10941 and this one, but both are using the e3 flasher method.[/QUOTE]

many thanks for your reply and fast respond and providing links

its turned out more complicated than i expected and need lot of hard work and E3 flasher >>

i thought it is like swapping between windows and Linux , few steps and boot commands,

also what would happen if i take out the hdd , how could ps3 know that ? and is it normal if i only take it out and put it back will cause to boot failure and require a new installation ? can it just rebuild data or do a restore file system to recognize the old HDD since both been in same the console with same firmware? like 2 OFW or 2 CFW

there is an option in Rebug tools "Boot OtherOS "(selectLV1 patches and reboot into OtherOS )

what is this used for >

7. 6,927
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    SoJustMe likes this.
  8. 2,764
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

1) Unplug power cord from PS3 (so no electricity in the motherboard) and keep it like that for a couple of minutes
    2) Connect power cord and turn ON PS3
    If it asks you to enter date, clock time etc... it means the battery cell on the motherboard is empty

Im not sure if this could interfere with what you are trying to do, but check it anyway, just incase

--------------
    Edit:
    I remember we had a talk here in the forum where some other people (that i dont remember) and me was discussing if it was posible to use several hdds in the same PS3 by "swapping" them, and there was people confirming it works (and it was someone that knew what he was talking about)

Our doubt at that time when we had that talk is we was not sure if this could work in all (or only some) PS3 models
    He mentioned the PS3 model where he did it and was working (that i dont remember), but nobody tryed with other PS3 models as far i know

*And he was not using an E3 as far i remember... it was a simple swap of the hdd (and reinstallation of the same firmware in the "new" hdd)
    Actually if i remember right he said he did the same with several hdds (more than 2), and all them was working when "swapping" them

Hint: forum search engine is awesome, usually it returns useful info... try to find this talk im talking about ;)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    SoJustMe likes this.
  9. 50
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

Thanks for the information and Confirmation of my doubts about swapping HDD , i will search more and i will have a good ps3 from a friend to test that out soon.

10. 50
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

So i finally did it,

First i confirmed that OFW on 2 HDD can be boot by swapping > it is working without a problem with different HDD
    just install OFW normally on both HDD.

then i used ps3Xploit V2 to install Rebug 4.82 on first HDD (1)

i tried on the second HDD (2) but it gave errors so take I out of ps3 then i plug it in PC then Format it with Manager
    and put it back to ps3 tried to install Rebug 4.82 but it gave new error 8002f325
    ٍSoi tried 4.82 FERROX version 1.01 and installed the new system from the scratch and it worked just fine.

now i can swap between the 2 HDD , Rebug 4.82 and FERROX 4.82 and with no safe mode, the system just work as if it was there from begging..

11. 2,764
    sandungas

Thanks for reporting back your results :)

I found the talk where we was talking about this, look at this message, it was definitive, lol:
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/solved-question-about-ps3-hdd-swaping.16391/
    The reason why i always have doubts about this is because i still dont understand in which PS3 models it works, or which other conditions are required to make this work :/

Is confusing for me (and i guess for lot of people too)... personally when someone asks about this i dont want to risk in telling... "this works for all PS3 models"... and neither i can tell "this works in some PS3 models"

SoJustMe likes this.
  12. 2,764
    sandungas

@playerkp420 im thinking in something that could help clarify this situation, can you make a small tutorial named something like... "How to use several HDDs in the same PS3"

Something short, mostly what you wrote in the other thread, but rewritten as a tutorial, with the steps needed to make the swap... and (very important) a list of the PS3 models where this hdd swaps was made successfully

The point is to dont risk in telling "this wors for all PS3 models"... is better to have an accurate list with the PS3 models that we know 100% sure that it works
    And eventually that list of PS3 models can be updated with the reports from other users that tryed it
    After having a good amount of reports we will understand better if it works in all PS3 models, or if there are some critical details that worths to be mentioned as a warning in big letters in the tutorial

SoJustMe likes this.
  13. 55
    fresh

fresh Forum Noob

Get a NAND PS3 and you could have as many hdds as you would like...
    NOR nop!

And, when talking about special hardware (e3 etc. pp.) it's cheaper to buy another ps3.
    :)

Greets.

SoJustMe likes this.
  14. 50
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

mine was NOR and it worked

i will try on Fat soon

15. 50
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

thank you , i would have done what in my mind anyways but needed others test to see, i searched but had no luck finding your thread , i was risking my console then my friend's console joined i would be happy to share the pain with him if it does brick lol

sandungas likes this.