PS2 HDLGameInstaller

Discussion in 'PS2 Homebrew' started by sp193, Dec 16, 2015.

1. 632
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    It's very unlikely as I only added a loop at the start of the keyboard function. But yes, I'll do something about it sooner or later, just that there are also other things that need my attention.

The reason why I got rid of pad input during installation, was because the IOP is too slow to handle all the peripherals without affecting network support significantly. I guess it improved by about 700KB/s for you, since your average is now about 7.7MB/s.
    The network status screen involves polling the IOP side of things for the network status, which also adds some overhead as you have observed, although I guess it isn't too much. It will probably help if the statistics APIs can be consolidated into a single API, but that is not how things are for at least now.

Using a newer HDD might also help, due to better writing performance and support for 48-bit LBA with ATA-6 (up to 65536 sectors can be written at once, instead of just 256).

Thanks for sharing an update about the performance.

2. 20
    tinostar91

tinostar91 Forum Noob

Actually on average it's just about the same as on 0.816. On the remote connection screen it's faster by 2 Mbit/s which gets negated by the network status screen being 2 Mbit/s slower.

3. 265
    Grahf

Grahf Member

That's normal. As for the average speed, I get ~7200 kB/s with 0.821. Sometimes it gets as high as 8500 kB/s, but it often dips below 7000 kB/s. It is great overall, though. PS2 was never designed for this, so I'm very happy we even have this app and speeds like that.
    Well, I just assumed so because this bug with OSD Title 1 happens only with the virtual keyboard on PS2. Naming it via the PC client works. It might be something entirely different, of course. Whatever it is, it happens every time, so it can't be hard to debug.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  4. 265
    Grahf

Grahf Member

*bump*

Any chances of fixing that OSD Title 1 bug at some point? It's really annoying, even if it doesn't actually affect game installation per se.