Heavy Rain backup black screen

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by G4NG5T4J0HN95, Jun 12, 2018.

1. 4
    G4NG5T4J0HN95

G4NG5T4J0HN95 New Member

Hi everyone!
    I have a PS3 with a broken bluray logic board so I installed a NoBD CFW, in particular Cobra Ferrox 4.82 NoBD.
    I tried some backups… Infamous is working fine without the need of any setting. Little Big Planet is seen by Multiman but when I try to start the game it kicks me back to the XMB... The problem with Heavy Rain is that I can load the game in Multiman but when I try to start it, the screen goes black and the PS3 freezes… Nothing appears, not even the loading origami… I tried from the internal HDD, an external HDD, I used the BD mirror setting but nothing worked for me... What can I do?
    If that helps, I use backups in folder format because everytime I try to boot from an ISO Multiman says that the selected disk image is not a compliant PS3ISO...
    I'm new to the scene so maybe I missed something or there are particular settings for particular games that I don't know… Please help me!
    Thanks!

2. 6,963
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Iso games cannot work if you don't have a working logic board & Cobra will be messed up. Only some JB folder games might work.
    Using a BDEMU patched CFW instead of just noBD would help. I would definitely try that if I were you.
    All I have is a Rebug 4.80.1 BDEMU from playerkp420, here it is if you want to try it. https://mega.nz/#!KFoR1QjS!abNThzVuj3XNfj_FSzaaWxpFpR6v6Cyq-vm5B86WA4Q
    There is probably a 4.81 or 4.82 available out there but you will need to search for it.
    However a working logic board costs under 10 bucks, plenty of them available on the usual Internet sites. It's really what you should look into imho.

3. 4
    G4NG5T4J0HN95

G4NG5T4J0HN95 New Member

I found out that the problem with Heavy Rain is Cobra… I installed Rebug 4.82 NoBD instead of Ferrox Cobra and when I tried Heavy Rain it started, then I tried to activate Cobra and the problem returned…
    I also tried to install the CFW you linked but the PS3 says data is corrupted and I can't find other BDEMU CFWs, only NoBD…
    So the problem with Heavy Rain is resolved but Little Big Planet continues to kick me back to the XMB when I start to play it… I know that I could just change the logic board but I use this PS3 only for a couple games and I'd like to save that money if there's a solution…
    Thanks!