Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Help. I lost my ps3 nor backup

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Withered, Jan 19, 2019.

1. 19
    Withered

Withered Forum Noob

I lost my ps3 nor backup! Is there any way to get one off the internet and use that to fix my system, or is my ps3 donzo?

2. 7,837
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Fix your system?
    You haven't told us what was wrong with your system in the first place.
    If you want help to fix your console, you must post pertinent details such the console model, currently installed firmware & a detailed description of the steps you took that led to damaging the console.

3. 19
    Withered

Withered Forum Noob

It's a slim, I believe it was on 4.83. and I patched a invalid nor backup and it shut down when I was fixing it.

4. 342
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Whether the NOR dump was valid or not, 4.83 cannot be patched with PS3Xploit and so you've bricked your console as a result.

5. 19
    Withered

Withered Forum Noob

Then it was 4.82

6. 7,837
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

You don't know???

On 4.83, the tool would not run so you could not damage your console.
    On 4.82 however the tool would run fine but a partial brick would only occur if the slim console isn't CFW compatible or if you flashed a corrupted patch file.

Before patching, have you checked whether it is a compatible model using the MinVerChk PUP file as instructed?
    After patching, did you create a Flash Dump & validated it with pyps3checker as instructed?

7. 342
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Wasn't aware of that. Good to know.

8. 19
    Withered

Withered Forum Noob

Ok so it was 4.82. and I did make a valid dump. But what I patched the system with bricked the system. The patched dump was invalid. And everything was compatible.

9. 342
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

What model is your PS3, e.g. CECH-XXXXX and what was your minimum installable firmware result from MinVerChk?

10. 7,837
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

What did you use to flash the console?
    You were supposed to download the flash_482.hex file from ps3xploit.com & use it as-is.

You said that the patched dump was invalid, are you talking about a dump you made after patching & validated with pyps3checker?
    If so, if pyps3checker found the dump to be invalid, why did you switch off the console despite our warnings?
    Switching the console off or rebooting after flashing corrupted data using ps3xploit Flash Writer 2.0 bricks the console partially, you will now need a hardware flasher to restore it to a working state. There is a guide by littlebalup on this forum to restore the NOR with a Hardware Flasher such as E3 or Teensy, check it out..

11. 19
    Withered

Withered Forum Noob

So I used the one from the ps3xploit page. It was. Invalid but I needed to leave for a trip. But I didn't know it would auto shut down.

12. 19
    Withered

Withered Forum Noob

I don't remember the minimum installable firmware. All I know is that is was in the range it needed to be in. Model number CECH-2001A

13. 7,837
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

You cannot have used a valid copy of flash_482.hex & bricked the console, it is not possible.
    The tool does not make mistakes at random, it writes to the targeted Flash Memory region the exact data it has been given. If you bricked, it means the tool wrote data to the NOR & if the dump was invalid with more than one ROS warning in pyps3checker, it means the data the tool was provided with to write to the NOR was bad!
    Either the file download was corrupted or you made a mistake when copying it to USB or whatever but using a md5 verified hex file is guaranteed to get you a successful flash & a successful dump validation with pyps3checker with at most 1 warning if you omit to install ofw 4.82 twice before applying the patch as instructed.

In the future, should you need to use the Flash Writer 2.0 (or the dumper tool) again, I recommend that you use the hdd versions which perform faster, and in the case of the Writer tool with less chance of user errors.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  14. 19
    Withered

Withered Forum Noob

Ok which nor flasher is better. E3 or teensy.

15. 7,837
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Tbph, they both work fine for flashing NOR consoles. Some prefer the Teensy because it can be used on both NOR & NAND consoles.

The E3 is sold in kits with a NOR clip. In many places, the best bet is a cheap clone from China (aliexpress.. ). A limited edition kit is sufficient for this job, there is no real need for kits with eSATA adapter, E3 linker..

The Teensy board (2.0++) is better bought from its makers (pjrc.com) but you will need to get an appropriate NOR clip (different from E3 clip) elsewhere, unless you prefer to solder. The original board is fairly cheap, a clip not so much..

I recommend you check the psdevwiki pages about Teensy/E3/Hardware Flashing...
    Use the guide I mentioned to you earlier to restore the NOR & if you want answers about this partial brick, you can post a E3/Teensy dump to littlebalup if you wish, he should be able to tell you exactly what went wrong, what data was flashed etc...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  16. 822
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

Make sure this time you actually follow the directions, instead of "following the directions" and you'll achieve more success OP