Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN HELP ME! game_ext_plugin.sprx!

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit Tools & Utilities' started by Filho_do_RPG, May 5, 2018.

1. 12
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Forum Noob

so my dream of having the old gameboot already was. :(

2. 9,113
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

yeah can, however, have the old audio. that file isn't encrypted. you may be able to inject it with the coldboot injector on the forums, since the gameboot audio is located in the same folder.

3. 12
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Forum Noob

I have the old audio. But if i inject it on the coldboot injector, it will work when i open game or any application?

4. 9,113
    pinky

it should work, but I don't know if you can use the injector with a gameboot. it may require the file be named appropriately which wouldn't work. coldboot and gameboot audio is in the same format, so at worst the audio would be produced during the coldboot.

5. 12
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Forum Noob

That's what I was thinking ... but I'll test, if it works I'll let you know.

6. 9,113
    pinky

alternatively, you could try the rco injector. the gameboot audio goes in the same location as those files as well.

Danxx444 likes this.
  7. 12
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Forum Noob

I had already installed the rco file but it happened that when I was about to start the game it was still the same gameboot. Just have not tried it yet install it along with the audio. I realized that the file custom_render_plugin.rco of the old gameboot has 8.14KB while the same file, only that of the current version has 11.24KB. Does this interfere?

8. 407
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

It won't work on ofw from my understanding,but you could test it as long as you back up the original file being replaced if you soft brick which will happen if you want to test it.Only cfw 4.81.2 rebug will work.

Danxx444 likes this.
  9. 9,113
    pinky

well, the custom_render_plugin.rco won't go into effect if the game_ext_plugin.sprx hasn't been patched. in fact, the original shows the playstation logo, just what you want, except it's prevented from displaying.

Danxx444 likes this.
  10. 407
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

It works on 4.81.2 but I think it's patched on 4.82 for both cfw and ofw.It might still work on 4.82 running rebug but I havent updated so i have no idea.

Danxx444 likes this.
  11. 9,113
    pinky

unknown. I've never tried it on 4.82. the firmware version is location on the offset 82 and 84 iirc. it's right about the elf in the header. that could be why a 4.81 version of the sprx doesn't work on 4.82. I know that modifying different firmware rco files will sometimes have weird effects.

12. 12
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Forum Noob

I appreciate your support, but I think the way is to expect new tools in Exploit, maybe there is some tool that makes this procedure easier.

13. 12
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Forum Noob

should I install both to take the test? or should I not because it can corrupt the system?

14. 407
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Easy there soldier.You need backups for both

-custom_render_plugin.rco

-game_ext_plugin.rco

On 4.82

That's currently in your ps3's devflash.The ps3 devflash is basicly the files on your ps3's motherboard,think of it like a computer bios that stores your firmware.

Most likely you will brick So,if you do brick,you need to be prepared to reinject the files I told you to back up using ps3xploit.com's flash tools in the consoles webbrowser.The brick wont actually make your console not boot up to the xmb,but you won't be able to launch any other applications other than your webbrowser,which can be used to reflash the rco backups.

If you can't backup them up or get the backups that work,then don't bother testing it.

The odds of you bricking are very high,you have been warned.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Danxx444 likes this.
  15. 9,113
    pinky

the worst that could happen is that it requires a reinstall the firmware. however, I've heard of unrecoverable bricks if using a NAND model and something goes wrong. I don't believe that this is true, but it may be. what worries me about that file is that it's coming up as a retail update and the file shows 1.00 as the firmware. the size is correct, and the mod is correct, so maybe the person messed up the reencryption?

Danxx444 likes this.
  16. 12
    Danxx444

Danxx444 Forum Noob

I think I'd better be quiet so I can not screw up. and I'm sorry if I disturbed you. with this conversation I became aware of things I did not know, thanks for the attention. :)

17. 9,113
    pinky

it's no bother. it probably wouldn't hurt the system if it doesn't work. though, the decision has pretty been made for you, since the file won't work with han. afaik, it's possible to modify the memory of the system by using han, but modifying the file for normal use won't work.

Danxx444 likes this.
  18. 7,334
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

On the PS3, for security purposes, all executable files (like self/sprx..) are signed & encrypted using a modern algorithm relying on a set of public/private keys.
    Whenever the ps3 OS needs to run an executable file, whether its own OS files or files from a game or application, a call to a small "loader" system app is made. The "loader" checks the executable signature & depending on the result, it either gives the green light to run the executable or not.

In this kind of design, keys can easily be revoked so that binaries originally signed with a key which has been added to a revokation list (black list) would no longer be allowed to execute by the loader.

To help you get your bearings, here is an overly simplified summary of executable files usage on OFW, keeping in mind this this situation will change eventually, if we are lucky, R&D might eventually provide vulnerabilities or loopholes.

On OFW > 4.3x, as there is no public kernel exploit available, there is no current way to circumvent the automatic loader checks ordered by the kernel or make changes to the whitelist/blacklist data, which is itself stored in encrypted form btw.

1. Homebrew executables cannot run on OFW without kexploit because we cannot sign them properly as we don't have any private keys that can make a signature to pass the loader checks.

2. Patched official executables cannot run either for the exact same reason. To patch an executable file, you must decrypt it first, make the changes & then reencrypt + resign it. Again, we don't have any valid keys to do the job, if we resign the modified binary file with keys we currently use on CFW, the loader checks will invariably fail.

3. Unpatched & properly signed system executable files from older firmware versions should not work when used in a 4.8x setup. Afaik the only accepted file variants for /dev_flash binaries are their equivalent official DEX builds.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    montcer, Danxx444 and pinky like this.