Dismiss Notice

PSX-Place.com Announcement:

New Smiley's Added to post editor !!!

PS3 HELP!! PS3 freezes when I press "Patch NOR Flash Memory"!

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by DatBoi, Aug 12, 2018 at 7:42 PM.

1. 4
    DatBoi

DatBoi Forum Noob

Hey guys
    I have been trying to jailbreak my phat ps3 (CECHK03) for a long time now but without any luck. I have tried to use the E3 flasher but I ended out with the same result as usual. Therefore I decided to try the new method that the PS3Xploit team developed. I am able to dump the important PS3 BIOS/system files onto a USB stick but it is when I'm trying to write the flash_482.hex onto the PS3 that the problem occurs. When I press the "Initialize exploitation" the file is detected but as soon as I press "Patch NOR Flash Memory" the screen freezes. The PS3 doesn't make any beeping sounds it just freezes. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? PS. I'm a Noob so don´t be surprised if I don´t know what you mean.

2. 125
    Neal Cullum

Neal Cullum Member

make sure on usb stick you have the .jpg file too, should be 2 files. Save as homepage the exploit page (i used redthetrainer) then clear all cookies etc, exit the web browser then load it back up. Once it's loaded back up it should take you straight to homepage then patch it. This is the way that works for me and done half dozen PS3's

3. 4
    DatBoi

DatBoi Forum Noob

Which .jpg file? And what kind of website are you using and if you are allowed to would you please write the full link to the mentioned website. Also, when did you last use this homepage? And just to be clear you do all this on the ps3 right?

4. 125
    Neal Cullum

Neal Cullum Member

This is the link to get hex and jpg:- http://ps3xploit.com/files/release/NOR_NAND_writer_release_2.0_PS3Xploit.zip

Website i use for exploit is:- https://redthetrainer.com/

I used this website about a week ago. Exploit is all done on ps3, just need hex and jpg on root of usb stick and make sure it's fat32 formatted and also in right usb port.

5. 4
    DatBoi

DatBoi Forum Noob

I have got the .hex file but I cannot find the .jpg file. It isn't in the file package you send.

6. 4
    DatBoi

DatBoi Forum Noob

Thank you @Neal Cullum
    Using the website you recommended worked. I could not find the .jpg file but using only the .hex file seemed to have worked.

7. 321
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Just so you know,there are two ways to flash the hex file.The usb method and the jpg method where you use flash from hdd instead of flash from usb,which makes you save a picture to your hdd in the exploit page and then flash it.People here recommend the jpg method because it's easier and less risky since you don't have to worry about the usb being corrupted or the file being corrupted during the process.Anyway the jpg method is better but there isn't anything wrong with using the usb method.Once the hex file is flashed one time you can go back to ofw 4.82 anytime and just reupdate to rebug whenever you want.