NOTICE HELP WANTED - Interested in Joining the PSX-Place Team?

Discussion in 'Site Rules & Announcements' started by STLcardsWS, Jun 16, 2018.

1. 7,620
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

index.png
    HELP WANTED - Interested in Joining the PSX-Place Team
    OR
    Contributing a task when time Allows?

We have various needs and positions that need to be filled to keep psx-pace going strong,
    Current Open Position:
    • News Writers - Currently we have 2 writers for the news and at very least we look to double that for regular writers and also hope to have a group of contributors that are willing to post every so often.
    • Moderators - We are always looking to add some additional virtual hands to join the team. (Keep forums Clean / Uphold rules / Misc. Small Task)
    • Uploaders - We need to keep the Resource Section (downloads) up to date with latest updates and new releases.

Have no time for a regular task above, but would still like to contribute when time allows? That is okay and we would welcome any contributions as there is various task that can be done as a one/few time contribution(s).

• Post any Scene Related news / Interesting Scene Subjects (a new thread with a title and a simple link to the release or even another sites news link is okay if its not been posted in the forums here yet.
    • Contribute to the forums.
      • Helping Others
      • Writing a Guide / TuT / Ect.
      • Reporting any issues (with report button on bottom of post)
      • Some of the few ways to contribute in the forums as so many of you do already!!!!! :)
      • Being a great member of the forum like SO MANY are already here
    • Demonstration Videos of Homebrew
    • Update/Add Homebrew to Resource (Download) Section: We hope to get a regular team of contributors for this task but if you see something add it and the mod team will approve the Download (if clean and follows rules).
    • Just a few of the many helpful things for the community

If you have any interest in some of these task and roles, please reply below or send me a message, we could use some extra hands as members of the psx-place team and also various contributors who can help from time to time when time allows.

PSX-Place.com Patreon :
    LINK

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. 7,620
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Instead of just a simple "bump" i thought i show a few examples :)

Just a few small things that can go a long way (especially when we have more of us doing this)....

Posting simple releases like the ones linked below in the
    "THE FEED" section of the forum

A thread with just Changelog & Source link
    1. http://www.psx-place.com/threads/vitashell-1-92-small-update-provided-by-theflow.18547/
    Or even this simple w/ links
    1. http://www.psx-place.com/threads/download-enabler-v5-0.18548/
    2. http://www.psx-place.com/threads/vitabright-plugin.18549/

Small things like this can help out the community as a whole .. Of course full articles are welcome as well, but if you see something and its not been posted or discussed here yet., Please consider a simple post like the example above to help spread the word on some of the great releases from around the scene.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  3. 21
    Nightspell

Nightspell Forum Noob

I wouldn't mind helping in the area of cleaning up the forums and making things easier to find.
    You have no idea how difficult it is to find stuff on this site.

4. 7,620
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

What are the difficulties you encounter.?

5. 7,620
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Just checking if the reply functions are working :)

bguerville likes this.
  6. 7,620
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Yep reply function is working :) and not sure if @jolek read this post but anyhow what he has been doing in the PS2 sections has been great.. So huge thanks and shoutout to @jolek..

bitsbubba, DeViL303 and jolek like this.
  7. 79
    clayson

clayson Member

Hmm I have an interesting idea to pitch if you are willing. :)

As you know we have a game modding section for PS3, I was also hoping you would add one for PS4 with the included sub-forums: TEST/Fallout Games, GTA V, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Minecraft (EE for PS4 may be coming soon ;)), and Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. These are the games I specialize in for PS4 game modding, also don't forget Mortal Kombat for @Grim Doe !!!

Anyways if you can do that (or not that is fine as well), I am willing to manage those sections in particular (making threads look better, organizing posts, and writing articles/tutorials relating to them), I remember a few years back you gave Death_Dealer and joshchawks permissions to moderate the Minecraft game modding section (idk if they still have the permissions). I am willing to do something like this and honestly it would be an honor. Please think about it. :D

Grim Doe and bitsbubba like this.
  8. 478
    jolek

jolek Member

I have some free time until Friday, after that... I will have a problem with adding more.
    Anyway, thank you (@STLcardsWS), @kozarovv, @DeViL303 & @UniqueUserName ...
    (there are probably many other users that I forgot)
    for help and also adding fun stuff.

Best regards.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    bitsbubba and STLcardsWS like this.
  9. 145
    Metalomeus

Metalomeus Member

Watching every day here......soooooo......Moderator??

STLcardsWS and bitsbubba like this.
  10. 7,620
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Would the content be better as a thread first then as it matures with mods then create a sub forum?
    -Some games have alot of mods / discussions, where a sub-forum does make alot of sense.

-Other games there not as many mods / discussions and maybe a Sticky Thread for that game that then links to various content about that game within the generic PS4 Game Mods forum.?

bitsbubba likes this.
  11. 7,620
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

We will contact you soon (in the coming days) with additional details before any decisions are reached with the Moderator position. Since the roles contains new abilities there is process we have when potentially adding new additions. We will go over the details soon in a PM in the coming days ..

Thanks for your interest :)

bitsbubba and Metalomeus like this.
  12. 79
    clayson

clayson Member

Yeah that sounds, if more than 10 threads are created for a game then a sub-forum will be made? I think that sounds pretty good and would work, although that thread limit can be increased. I think 10 is pretty active, unless most of the threads don't contribute. :P

Although we should agree that some games are really popular to mod so we should include them from the start. These games are GTA V, Skyrim/Fallout 4 (we can put them in the same sub-forum since they run with the same engine and similar file formats, I think it would also be nice to have a "Skyrim" or "Fallout 4" tag before each thread so we know which game. Or if you would rather we can separate them as sub-forums), and Minecraft (especially with stuff like Minecraft EE coming to PS4 eventually).

This can be done for less-popular games I suppose, but as for the popular games they have there own sub-forums so important threads are stickies. As I said above I think those games should 100% have sub-forums and as for the rest they can go in the general game modding PS4 section and if me or others make what you said in that quote it will be stickied there.

In the end it's your decision I don't want to sound bossy just excited for that :D, I know you are looking for moderators and not people to just moderate just two forum sections + sub-forums but it sounds like fun for me to do since I post in those sections the most and I usually always view the threads there so if a thread needed to be stickied or have a better format to it I can do that, but I understand if you don't wanna give me permissions to do that, still the sections I recommended would be really sweet. :)

bitsbubba and kozarovv like this.
  13. 7,620
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

bitsbubba, clayson and kozarovv like this.
  14. 8
    Maggot_Liutenant

Maggot_Liutenant Forum Noob

I'm a data hoarder, I also have about 14 PS3s fat, slim, super slim, 2 fat ones are YOLD, and 2 component cable video capture devices.

I work in export documentation for a logistics company.

If you can think of any area for my skills, let me know.

Thanks,

Maggot

15. 452
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

I too if possible would like to help. A lot of forums with mods make it one huge post. PS4 cheater is going strong as well. I’m part of a forum that supplies test cht’s Everyday as well ..
    I would like to contribute and help out. I’m tired of forum jumping lol.
    I’ve been around for a while lol.
    Then there a lot of other useful PS4 stuff/resources ect.
    I see a lot of releases stuff other places and not here so I could help there too.

16. 394
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Member

Musician
    I'll put my name down for something.

Intermittently free though. So it's only a 'help when I can' dealeo.
    I have pretty good ps2, ps3, psp and (recently) psvita knowledge.
    PS vita homebrew has picked up again recently because of h-encore, but I noticed the vita forums arent frequented often though.

17. 136
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Diamond Dogs, Special Forces
    @STLcardsWS

Have plenty of spare time at the minute, 24/7 to be precise as i am off work with a back injury. Would be mostly to do with PS3, helping others with the knowledge I gained as a games developer.(Don't work in the industry anymore) I used to mainly work with graphics on games as i have a good eye for detail, but also have some programming know how as well.

Keeping the forums clean, especially of posts containing references to piracy especially (I despise it and the damaged it does to the industry) also of abusive replies in threads like you did last month when the kid wouldn't except why he got console banned when he bought an IDPS online and didn't use any form of online protection either.

Also to this end bringing out new mods for the PS3 and games. Working on a massive XMB mod at minute for full customisation of the XMB, without the need for themes. Still in the early stages. And other XMB graphical enhancements are planned in the future.

Also massive Skyrim modification (That is on hold for the moment). Full graphics overhaul for the entire game as if it where a newly released game for PS3 that is performance friendly and is in 1080p not 720p. So many graphical mods out there are for PC (unfair for PS3 owners that don't have a top noche PC to run these mods.)

As well as plans for other graphics overhauls for other games in the future. And possibly a new FPS Homebrew game for PS3 but would need to find people who would be interested in helping with such a massive project and would take a year to develop.

Could also dig through the internet for interesting articles to post for peoples interest. But my priority would be the development of my mods for release.

Would be great to be added to the team and release these planned mods from myself (Cypher Elite Gaming) exclusively on PSX-Place in the future.

Give me a *shout (*message lol) if this interests you.

STLcardsWS and Fin9ersMcGee like this.
  18. 1,035
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

1. Sorry to hear about your injury, back is the worst.

2. A few others and i usually handle most of this, but any offer to help is appreciated. We have a nice reporting system, check it out sometime.

3. Thats awesome to hear. Devil303 is our resident go to xmb mod guy. You should get with him and see what you come up with.

4. Skyrim is one of my top all time games, really anything that is elder scrolls is awesome. Clayson is really big into bethesda games and modding. You should hit him up and see what you guys can come up with.

5. I personally would love to see some fresh hb in the scene, especially an fps. This is the place to put out that out there. We have a public dev section, and a private one for beta testing that would be perfect for a project of this magnatude.

6. This is what we direly need help with. The boss man has been writing almost every article since this sites inception while also writing at other places and managing. This is his number one asked for item. Help on the news and article front. This would be huge.

7. This is completely up to the boss man, and these are just my 7 cents....lol. I personally like the interest you are showing, stick around and be apart of the community. Only great things will come from it. I look forward to seeing you in the forums!

STLcardsWS and Cypher_CG89 like this.
  19. 79
    Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny Member

I am not trying to brag but my english is really good. If you need help with editing, please tell me.