Help with PS2 games full screen

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Realrj, Dec 5, 2018.

1. 34
    Realrj

Realrj Forum Noob

Hey guys. I have been playing Xenosaga for a few weeks now and everything was full screen, but now (must be something I've done) the cutscenes all have 2 huge side bars that are sometimes black, other times freeze the previous image in place.

I checked my PS3 settings and tried changing the game settings to full screen, normal etc... The game runs full screen when that is selected but the bars still appear in the cutscenes. And I always had full screen cutscenes until 3 days ago.

I'M using rebug 4.82.2 with cobra and managunz.

Any ideas?

Thank you

2. 34
    Realrj

Realrj Forum Noob

Alright, I'll leave the solution in case anyone else goes through this.

The problem was managunz wide-screen option that I enabled and it patched the actual iso. Had to copy it again from my laptop.

Issue resolved ;)

3. 2,904
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Managunz can "unpatch" the iso too
    With this i mean... if at some point you apply some permanent patch to the iso... managunz keeps a record of it and the option you used to patch changes to "unpatch" to allow you to revert the changes and restore the iso like it was originally
    Im not sure in how many functions can be made this "unpatch" though, i never used it much, but hope you got the concept :)

Also, you can use the option "check MD5" to see if the iso have changed

4. 34
    Realrj

Realrj Forum Noob

Unfortunately, as soon as I used that option on the game's menu, the option to undo it disappeared, unlike the 480p option or the LIMG one that changes to "disable", the wide-screen one just vanished in my case so I couldn't revert it :/

5. 2,904
    sandungas

Hmm, ok, i mentioned that features a bit roughlly because im not sure in how many places is used in managunz, also i have an small mess when trying to remember what does everyone of that patches

Anyway, now you are getting used to them, if you find some problem or have some suggestion related with them remember there is a managunz support thread in the forum where you can write about it http://www.psx-place.com/threads/managunz-ps3-backup-manager-by-zar.1198/
    Is nice to cummulate all the feedback there to have a better overview of how it works

6. 34
    Realrj

Realrj Forum Noob

Oh, thank you so much Sandungas, didn't know we have a thread for that.

Hopefully this will help someone else that goes through the same ordeal. I'm still fresh meat when it comes to the PS3 scene, so I'm trying to apply my knowledge from the psp and Vita scenes. Trial and error :)

sandungas likes this.
  7. 2,904
    sandungas

I mentioned it because im not sure if that "vanishing" is a bug
    The others that changes to "disable" seems to be working fine (and i guess are going to revert the ISO to the original MD5 if you check them)

But the other that vanishes... im not sure if at this point should be working like that, maybe the "disable" is not implemented for some reason (in this case i guess could be nice to add a warning in the help text advising that the patch cant be reverted)

8. 2,904
    sandungas

Btw, do you mind if i merge all the messages of this thread with the official managunz thread ?
    This is becoming interesting, and i just had an idea about how to add a warning in a very visible way :) (is the kind of annoying thing that the user will know for sure the patch is applyed and cant be reverted)