PS VITA / PS TV Henkaku / Enso 3.65 for 3.60 user's Released by TheFlow!

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Mar 11, 2018.

By kozarovv on Mar 11, 2018 at 6:02 PM
  1. 5,887

kozarovv Super Moderator

Nov 8, 2014
    Home Page:
    Following the preview that @Roxanne (psx-place's newest addition to the writing team) informed us a few days ago, now comes the official release from developer TheFlow as he drops 3.65 HENkaku Ensō Updater, this will not jailbreak 3.65 firmware, what it will do is allow EXISTING exploited (HENkaku) 3.60 user's to update to 3.65, no longer keeping you in the 3.60 sandbox and allowing your to play additional games since the HENkaku release. Be sure to checkout all the details and information provided by TheFlow, as the dev has also updated the Adrenaline, DownloadEnabler, NoNpDrm and SD2VITA utilities to support 3.65 links also provided below.​

Vita_HENKAKU_3.65 Hack..jpg

• 3.65 HENkaku Ensō Updater
      DYCht5nX0AAvImi.jpg DYChvEmW0AAowDB.jpg
      This does not allow you to hack your console that is on a firmware past 3.60. You need to be on firmare 3.60 in order to use this software.

Custom Firmware 3.65 HENkaku Ensō is a port of henkaku to the latest possible firmware that does still have the bootloader vulnerability.​

• You will be able to access the PSN store, activate your device and download your purchased games again (only as long as Sony doesn't decide to release a new update that prevents you from doing that).
      • You will be able to play all games that were released for firmwares 3.61-3.65.
      • You will not be able to downgrade back to 3.60 if you find that this custom firmware doesn't suit you.
      • You can lose the ability to run homebrews, if you modify the OS and end up in a semi-brick where you are forced to reinstall the firmware. This should however not happen to a regular user, but I'd rather not install applications that modify read-only partitions like os0: or vs0:.
      • Some applications may not work on the new firmware and need to be ported.

• Are Adrenaline, DownloadEnabler, NoNpDrm and SD2VITA compatible on 3.65?
        • Yes they have all been updated and are available under my repositories. (Links Below)
      • Is it risky to perform this update?
        • All my betatesters have successfully updated and have no issues so far. The updater has been designed carefully, so you dont need to worry.
      • Will I lose the hack if I format my Memory Card or restore the systems settings?
        • No, you can nearly do everything with your device and you will not lose HENkaku. You must just NOT reinstall the 3.65 PUP.
      • I have installed a bad plugin and now my device doesn't boot anymore
        • Try to enter the Safe Mode and choose 2. Rebuild Database. This will allow you to boot the device with plugins disabled and fresh config.txt files.
      • Will I be able to hack my device that is on 3.65/3.67?
        • Not with this software. I will release my exploit chain by the end of this year or next, so you have to be patient.

• Instructions
      1. Download updater.vpk and PSP2UPDAT.PUP.
      2. If you are on a firmware below 3.60, update to 3.60 and install henkaku. Then you can skip to 4.
      3. If you are already using 3.60 HENkaku (Enso), uninstall all plugins and uninstall the enso patch. It is recommended to first unlink the Memory Card in HENkaku Settings before you uninstall, so that your Memory Card won't be restricted afterwards due to the spoofed version at ux0:id.dat. Uninstalling all plugins and the enso patch is extremely important, as they can interfere with the update process if enabled (the updater will notice you in case you have not uninstalled them correctly).
      4. Install updater.vpk using VitaShell and put the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file at ux0:app/UPDATE365/PSP2UPDAT.PUP.
      5. Reboot your device, start HENkaku and directly launch the updater, without launching anything else before like VitaShell or Adrenaline (since they start kernel modules). Also make sure that your battery is at least at 50% Vita user's
      6. Follow the instructions on screen and enjoy the update process.
      7. When the updater finishes flashing the new firmware, custom modules will be written to vs0:tai and the bootloader hack injected to the eMMC. You should now be on 3.65 HENkaku Ensō.

• Donation
      • If you like my work and want to support future projects, you can make a small donation. Thank you!

Note: There is no way to back to 3.60, or to reinstall hacked 3.65 firmware after using this hack!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2018
    MixeryMaxe, Rommy667, djdrew and 5 others like this.

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Darksector90
      Just updated! I can now activate my vita and use the store! Just got Salt & Sanctuary and Undertale, both working :)
    2. dazzaXx
      This is something that i'm definitely gonna look into for my vita, thanks for the info!! :D
    3. TOM1211
      How do I remove enso?
    4. Darksector90
      Start the ENSO app, accept agreement and press triangle to uninstall.
      TOM1211 likes this.
    5. TOM1211
      Darksector90 likes this.
    6. skydragon88
      im having a big problem heres the start, app asks me to uninstall enso, ok install to bubbles and pressed /\ to uninstall done, went to the updater ask me to reboot, done, next reload the app and says cant find update at ux0:dupdate365, went to check via vitashell and its in there at designated location. went back to app and mention to disable all plugins but theres none because i reformatted and deleted all the plugins personally. idk whats going on but this is not working at all for me. (using PSTV and internal 1gb storage no memory card)
    7. TOM1211
      Do you delete enso after uninstalling or leave the app there?
    8. TOM1211
      Im being way over cautious just to make sure I do it right lol
    9. skydragon88
      got it working nevermind.
    10. pinky
      I plan to do this tomorrow or so. I still need to hack my ps4. lol my main concern here is that it says that you can't reinstall the firmware if something were to go wrong on 3.65. :-/
    11. skydragon88
      so i got it to work as mentioned above. but now i lost molecularshell and cant acess homebrew. tried going to henkaku website to try and get it back but its not working so now i have a semi modded pstv. is there anyway i can retain molecularshell. ?
    12. pinky
      someone on temp said that hold L at bootup to unload all plugins worked for him.
    13. skydragon88
      no go tried both L1 then L2 on the next boot up and nothing. everytime i went to i get a error everytime i click the install icon.
    14. pinky
      I don't think the henkaku site will work anymore. do you have a qcma backup of either? I think there should be a disclaimer to make one just in case something like this happens. there's no way to downgrade and you can't reinstall the firmware, so that maybe your only option. someone on temp mentioned enabling unsafe homebrew, but that may only be to make homebrew work in general. I think this issue may be the result of uninstalling enso. I encountered something like that with the pstv in which all default icons and apps disappeared after uninstallation. did you have the config.txt on ur0? that could be the problem as far as nothing appearing. if it was on ux0, you may have to borrow a memory card. this is assuming you were using sd2vita.
    15. skydragon88
      I had majority of my apps and games on a sd2vita card, removed it, cleaned up the system to be stock 3.60. Acessed henkaku then installed 3.65 enso. Everything was good turned off corectly, then came back from going places and they're gone when I turned it on. If anything I can wait for to see if the'll have a fix for this. The thing still works just not how I want it.
    16. pinky
      something probably got messed up with the config.txt. it mentions something about the tai folder in I think vs0, so I don't know if the config.txt is supposed to go in there now or not. it's likely that it can still go in the usual places though; otherwise, that would be a major oversight.
    17. Fuzion9
      My pstv and two vita's say thank you :) Time to play some newer titles. Many thanks to the Flow
    18. TOM1211
      I've downloaded it and set it up but I understand stuff needs to be updated so holding fire
    19. nCadeRegal
      Nice release and all but not liking the fact that if you have a problem you cannot reinstall 3.65 to correct it and start fresh. This was a great feature of 3.60. I feel he should have addressed this before releasing to the masses.