PS VITA / PS TV Henkaku release 4 - Internal storage support and more

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Aug 31, 2016.

By kozarovv on Aug 31, 2016 at 3:57 AM
  1. 6,869
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Team molecule is here with another update to their henkaku homebrew enabler. Yifan Lu one of henkaku developers twitted about that minor update. But it is really only minor update? No, is huge update that give you ability to test out henkaku without memory card on Vita an PSTV with build-in 1GB storage. 1GB is enough to keep most homebrew and emulators, so now you can start your henkaku journey without expensive memory cards. And later decide that you need to pay Sony for overpriced memory card or 1GB is enough for you.

71BZhCrPUSL._SL1500_.jpg

• If you are using the offline installer and wish to update HENkaku, you must first install HENkaku again using the online installer (this website). Next, while still connected to the internet, run the offline installer bubble (not Email) and install the payload again.

Release 4 (August 30, 2016)

• Fixed issue where YouTube did not work
      • Added support for PSTV and Vita Slim internal storage
      • Updated to VitaShell 0.86

• Release 3 (August 27, 2016)

• PSN spoofing: You can access PSN without updating to 3.61! Please continue reading for some important notes.
      • Safe homebrew support: Developers can optionally mark their homebrews as “safe” and it will not gain restricted API access. We highly recommend developers who are not using such features to update their packages as safe.
      • VitaShell 0.8: Read the release notes from The_FloW for the list of changes to VitaShell.
      • Version string: A callback to the PSP days where every hack would change the system version string. We do that too now (see the screenshot) so we can provide better support to our users.
      • Update blocking: In HENkaku mode, firmware updates using the official servers are blocked. That way you won’t accidentally install 3.61 and it won’t download in the background regardless of your settings.
      Release 2 (August 4, 2016)

• Dynarec support: Developers can generate ARM code and execute it directly. This aids in JIT engines for emulators.
      • Offline installer: HENkaku can now run without a network connection thanks to work by xyz. He also made a nice writeup that you should check out if you’re interested in the technical details.
      • VitaShell 0.7: When we originally released HENkaku, we forked VitaShell to molecularShell because we didn’t want to spend too much time writing our own file manager. Thanks to The_FloW, our changes have been merged to the official VitaShell codebase and we no longer need molecularShell. This release had added many new features and bug fixes to the shell.
      Release 1 (July 29, 2016)

• First release

• List of models with 1GB internal storage:

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Aug 31, 2016.

1. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      HENkaku is great!

I had one Vita, and now Ive two. Im not sure if I accidently hit the install button twice or what! I think it just spawned here! :)

[​IMG]

There is a slight chance I bought another due to the fact that HENkaku is so cool!
    2. pinky
      pinky
      my friend could really use one of those. he accidentally updated to 3.61. on personal news, my slime theme remained after updating. I wasn't sure if it would block access since I put the themes in the pspemu.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    3. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      Where's mine? Since you somehow figured how to clone PS Vitas
      DeViL303 likes this.
    4. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Im already in talks with TB and Cobra..But if you want to put in an offer I'll consider it!! :-p
      bitsbubba and pinky like this.
    5. pinky
      pinky
      bitsiboo is my sugar daddy, so I don't think he'll be able to make u an offer with all that I spend...on myself.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    6. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Does anyone know why the Vita power charger has the little tab in the USB socket to stop you charging other devices with it?

I cut the tab out of one of mine and it works fine to charge other stuff.. :confused:
      pinky likes this.
    7. pinky
      pinky
      I never noticed. it charges and connects fine with my other usb cables to my laptop.
    8. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      $0nY being retarded as always
      doctorwho05 and pinky like this.
    9. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Hey at least it's a USB cable. I got a stupid propriety cord.
      doctorwho05 likes this.
    10. doctorwho05
      doctorwho05
      It's like Apple and Third party accessories bought a usb cable, plug it in to a Official Charger and the Iphone said "FU that's not an official apple piece of wire" and refuses to charge, it just looks at my like "You gonna pull that thing out of me or what" :)
      bitsbubba likes this.
    11. tinogodi
      tinogodi
      Hey guys just wondering if you can help me out, how do I reset my PS Vita without updating it? I'm Already on 3.60 But want to use a different PSN account just in case of the ban hammer.​
    12. barelynotlegal
      barelynotlegal
      not sure if its a HENkaku or a vitashell issue, but today i dumped my golden abyss game and i had little over 6 gigs, dumped and had a little over 3 gigs, during install i get a error(memory im sure) .
      so i looking and i dont see the intended installed game anywhere but my memory is still being used somewhere anyone know where? even after deleting the dump im still at a little over 3 gigs.
    13. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      So you want to deactivate your vita in psn? Right?

Maybe in "Vitamin" folder? Try also in ux0:app/PCSF00001 or in ux0:bgdl.
    14. tinogodi
      tinogodi
      Yes. That is what I want to do. I was thinking that I could just reset my PS Vita, then install Henkaku and sign in under a new psn ID. How can I do that without having to update? Or is there another way?
      Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2016
    15. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Here is what i did in similar situation, remember you need latest henkaku to login into psn. This will completely delete all settings, data, saves, everything. PSN steps are important!

Go to settings ---> PSN -----> Login to psn -----> Deactivate your system. ----> Log out from psn.

Now go to vitashell and to vs0:registry/ folder ----> delete registry.dreg and registry.ireg files.

Go to settings and format your memory card.

Reboot. After that your vita will act like booted first time. Just remember to turn off automatic update download in setting menu after first boot.
      tinogodi likes this.
    16. tinogodi
      tinogodi
      Thanks bro. I really appreciate it. Much love, I will try it when I get a chance.
      kozarovv likes this.