How to add Cheats to Bruteforce Save Data

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by SedRick, Jun 11, 2017.

1. 82
    SedRick

SedRick Member

Hey guys,
    Is there any tutorials out there to help people understand how to add their own cheat codes to bruteforce?
    (been searching for a couple of days and cant find anything, i came across an old thing called 'Usercheat' which requires 3.55 firmware and eboot modding which sounds quite limited)

So i have a few questions:
    Is there a tutorial for bruteforce which explains how to search for cheats? - (i had a look but it seemed extremely complicated to me)

- How can i find out which Checksum is being using and how can i fix it after modifying values in the patch creator or HxD so it doesn't corrupt the save. (i've only managed to to modify 2 games:
    CoD-Ghosts by changing the teeth value but there's a checksum fixer for that,
    Rayman - i changed the offset where the value of the 'lums' was stored, but that didnt require a checksum fix.

- Is there a tutorial or tool for eboot modding?

- What codes can be used in bruteforce? (i read that game genie codes work but they have taken them off site and are selling a program instead now.

I've tried placing codes from ps3Tools/PS3 Cheat Editor (Thanks Aldo) into bruteforce but that doesn't work without an eboot hack or CU.

Im trying to learn and have a bit of fun with offline save files, and also make games a little easier for my nephews.

Thanks for any help

2. 4,808
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Maybe try ps3 artemis. Search for it, here on forum.

SedRick likes this.
  3. 334
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

Try bruteforce.com or .net maybe. I forgot. Once save is loaded thru bruteforce, right click select cheats, should be anbox to add cheats. You could always use artemis cheats for. Rtm. (Ncupdate dir) be sure to insta ps3mapi and einstones(pc/ps3) not at home.
    Or install ps3 tools and use cheat editor

SedRick likes this.
  4. 334
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

http://bruteforcesavedata.forumms.net/

SedRick likes this.
  5. 82
    SedRick

SedRick Member

Awesome thanks guys. Artemis looks great, so much content! worked on God of War 3 until it autosaved and now im being prompted to reinstall the firmware :(.

Awesome tool though :)

Tried a few games now,
    Dead rising 2 - 'Failed to save, game data is corrupt' Then crashes to recovery menu
    God of war - crashes to recovery menu.

Is there something more stable around?
    Or can someone tell me how to check which checksum is used and how to fix it if i take the codes from artemis and add them to Bruteforce.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  6. 334
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

netcheat is a good way. use the artemis codes for it. you have to install einstones psmapi to ps3 and pc but after that its all good. (R-eal T-ime M-odding)
    been a while since bruteforce, but from what i remember,
    open bruteforce, (update profile)assign your profile with user id and cid.
    then patch sfo (update just settings) then decrypt and select codes or add codes thru open patch and add codes
    then encrypt and update profile and settings. after that all should verify

another thing with RTM is that id there a issue it will just not work, and doesnt corrupt CFW or save data. i can post 2morrow if needed the netcheat for 4.81

7. 82
    SedRick

SedRick Member

Yea il try netcheat i think. just had to reformat the ps3 after testing artemis.
    Just finished reinstalling rebug 4.81.2 and noticed that my fan is now going mental after installing webman mod :/
    anyone else had this fan issue?.. its like, increasing itself in stages every 3 seconds.

by 'ps3mappi' is it another name for CCAPI?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  8. 5,294
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

I can't say for sure what's going on in your case but the fan may increase like this because the CPU/RSX are already hot, sometimes because the fan was not working prior to rebooting. To know if wMM increases the fan correctly, you need to find out what kind of temps you get on reboot... If you want our advice, report the appropriate figures....

No, PS3MAPI is not another name for Ccapi. It's a completely different implementation of a similar feature made by _NzV_.
    PS3MAPI support is implemented with both Cobra & Mamba.
    WMM already contains a PS3MAPI section where you can test different functions. Try opening http://localhost/home.ps3mapi in your ps3 browser...
    PS3MAPI can be used as a replacement for Ccapi or TMAPI, there is a dll you can use with your Ccapi projects so they leverage PS3MAPI instead of Ccapi. The project is called PS3M_API-Lib. Note that some Ccapi projects may not be compatible with PS3MAPI or may suffer from performance issues.
    There is also a PC GUI sample available to test a few PS3MAPI functions...
    Unfortunately it looks like the NzV github account has been removed, the original repositories for all his projects are seemingly unavailable...
    If you are after those projects files (pc GUI + dll), I have them at home & can mirror those for you eventually. Let me know...

Here is some info that you may find interesting.
    Here is a Netcheat api implementation for use with PS3MAPI.
    https://github.com/Dnawrkshp/PS3MAPI-NCAPI
    Look at the release notes of Artemis tweaked by haxxxen:
    http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=291

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  9. 82
    SedRick

SedRick Member

ok so Artemis doesn't say anything about supporting rebug 4.81.2. in the release notes (although max money cheat worked on Dead Rising 2 without crash)
    And im sorry, im not a developer so the link to github looks like a bunch of files i don't understand.
    just tried the money cheat on resident evii 5 and now im having to reinstall rogero rsod.
    Is it worth me trying artimes on rogero 4.46 cobra?
    Or can someone help understand how to use netcheat and does anyone have the files needed?

10. 5,294
    bguerville

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    SedRick likes this.
  11. 4,348
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester Moderator Developer

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:
    Yea you will get issues with firmware if not using the latest Artemis mod by haxxen and Aldo's. They added support for 4.75 and above.

SedRick likes this.
  12. 5,294
    bguerville

Not sure if it helps at all but I found a copy of NetcheatPS3 for PC in my stored files. It uses either TMAPI (DEX mode + ProDG needed) or CCAPI, look in the options menu, TMAPI is enabled by default...
    I have only used this once a few years ago so tbh I cannot remember much about it. I am posting this hoping that others may have answers if you have questions.
    https://mega.nz/#!SQxADYra!oAxuQSO4GiGoNiFO8p_mmLywkw6ryXmDZ604xOVcxA4
    I also recompiled the latest source from Dnawrkshp's NetcheatPS3 github repo (in release mode):
    https://mega.nz/#!Kd4UBRwa!vPo_IsF4J82wrLD_WEkN0JNG8RfrDcu-YMfic_pnDDE
    Those releases should work fine with Rebug 4.81.2, there is no newer build of NetcheatPS3 out there afaik..

Here is a compiled pkg made from haxxxen's ArtemisPS3 repo, last commit in January 2017. It includes the post 4.75 fw changes that atreyu187 mentioned in his last post.
    https://mega.nz/#!fZxkzQQC!oPJOcZeJGYtG30-W7fU6BB4PbkZxny6TVe24KQCrJPE

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017 at 4:52 PM
    atreyu187 and SedRick like this.
  13. 334
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

When i get home ill upload what i got. It works for g 4.81.2 and has mucho cheats as well. Ill include a wuick run me down as well. Some cheats are dependant on updates too. Some for say blus1234 1.02 and some for blus1234 1.03.( these are a example of game updates)

SedRick likes this.
  14. 334
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

SedRick likes this.
  15. 82
    SedRick

SedRick Member

Thanks guys, il try these out next time I'm having a mess about.
    I watched a recently uploaded YouTube video that mentions disabling webman/sman is required for it to run properly. Apparently it can Interfere with the attaching of the code. He also mentions the crashing to recovery mode issue that I was having.

Here's a link to the video for anyone else experiencing this issue in the future:

16. 82
    SedRick

SedRick Member

I'm really interested in learning about checksums.
    How to find which is being used and how to fix them.
    Could only learn about the different types of algorithms used rather than how to find out which is being used for the file and how to fix it.
    Does anyone here have experience on this?
    I've seen on bruteforce forum people are releasing checksum fixers for certain games but I'd like to learn and add mine to the community

17. 334
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

I have never had to disable webman for rtm but maybe for artemis.
    The checksum fixer are for certain games. I forget why but only some games require them not all games .

18. 5,294
    bguerville

So that we are clear, by checksum fixer, you mean a utility that will patch a manually edited save file of a particular game title so that the save file becomes valid & usable again?

If that is what you are interested in, you should know that without some basic 'hacking' skills (and potentially some programming skills to release a fixer), one is unlikely to do very much except use the tools made by others...

Also afaik there isn't a comprehensive tutorial to teach you this particular hacking skill. You will probably have to fiddle between hacking tutorials on the one hand & bits of scattered information regarding save files + psdevwiki on the other. It's totally possible to achieve even if you start from scratch in terms of skills but imo, depending on the free time you have to dedicate to this, it will probably require weeks or months of researching & learning...

A game can use a checksum or any other mean deemed necessary by its development team to verify the integrity of the save file and/or secure it. Additionally, due to its properties, a checksum can also be reused for other purposes such as encryption..
    There is no rule, no particular algorithm to use & there are various types of checksum better suited to one situation or another. Moreover, checksums are only one way to proceed for a developer, consequently some game developers don't use them while others use them along other measures.

In practice, to find out about checksums in a save file, you should create a number of saves in various conditions so that you can look for crucial differences, you would need to get familiar with the structure of the save file itself in its hex form focusing on the differences found while testing but ultimately you would probably end up using a debugger to step by step the code & check the registers etc... using an eboot prepared for debugging...

Once you identify the existence & the location of a checksum as well as its type, if you wish to release a fixer that everybody can use, you will need to program it in a common programming language like C, C++, C#, Java, VB, Python, Perl etc...

Like I said, unless you already know your way around debugging & hex editing it will be a lot of work, the amount would largely depend on the skills you already possess but at the end of it all you will be able to apply your newly acquired skills to some very exciting projects. Well worth the effort & the invested time if you are genuinely interested because such skills are transferable...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017 at 8:49 PM
  19. 4,348
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester Moderator Developer

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:

@bitsbubba pack is so orderly and neat. Makes finding cheats easy as he has done them by regions and PSN or did based

20. 334
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

[​IMG]