PS VITA / PS TV How to Remove Sony Ads from PS Vita / PsTV Live Area

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 22, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 22, 2016 at 8:13 PM
  1. 5,886
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

PSX-Place's own @atreyu187 has recently shared two guides with us & the Vita Community. One is written by himself and another written by reddit user DarkBlack711 , These two separate guides will remove some of those unwanted Sony ads on the LiveArena of the PS Vita & PlayStation TV, DarkBlack711 shows us how to remove the multi-tasking ads and also made some clever suggestions with modifying it to add things such as HENkaku links, which could be useful to some user's/ Then recently atreyu187 also showed us how to remove the Feature Screen on LiveArena. Both useful guides for HENkaku user's if these in system ads bother you. Checkout these latest HENkaku Guides ..

2Al05FI.jpg

• How modify/remove multi-tasking menu for Vita/PSTV

ISzz2cW (1)_1.jpg

By following this guide you will successfully remove all advertisements on the multitasking menu when you press PS button and you can replace with HENkaku apps or your favorite games for a quick change.

1. Enable HENKaku
      2. Open molecularShell/VitaShell and navigate to ur0:shell/ and there you will see a folder named whats_new. Delete it and restart your PS Vita.
      3. When your Vita restarts you have to press PS button couple of times, this is so that Vita can download new advertisements.
      4. When the advertisements pop-up again navigate to ur0:shell/whats_new/np/ with molecularShell/VitaShell and inside that folder you will see whatsnew.xml file. Delete it and create a folder named "whatsnew.xml" without "".
      5. Restart your PS Vita and enjoy your brand new multitasking menu without those pesky advertisements.
      You should know that if you rebuild your database in recovery you will have to do the same thing all over again.
      Have fun

ALSO SOME EXTRA DETAILS BY ATREYU187:
      Link

• How to Remove the "Featured" Screen on PSTV/Vita TV
      featuredShot.jpg

So this is the easiest guide I have ever written. The "Featured" screen for the PSTV is so annoying always making me take a look at it and slowing down what I am trying to do at the time. Sony never updates it with anything new and until @DeViL303 @bitsbubba or some other crafty genius can make use of the XML files I feel it needs to go.

This useless screen isn't even in every region as some countries have seen it as intrusive ad possibly illegal so Sony just didn't add the darn thing. Would have been nice if they gave us a choice to disable this screen.

So here we go as it will take you longer to read this then to actually go the "mod" but here is what is needed to do this. BTW this will also stick after a firmware update to 3.61 if you should so choose. It with my little guide on the permanent v1 whitelist survive the updates.

Guide Requires
      • PSTV/Vita TV on 3.60
      • HENkaku installed and enabled
      • VitaRW
      • File Manager e.g. VitaShell molecularShell or OneLUA
      • FTP access (not needed but up to you)

SEE FULL TUTORIAL BY ATREYU187:
      Link

Source(s) psx-place.com / reddit

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    ed89 and kozarovv like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 22, 2016.

1. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      The modding the multitask menu is amazing as you can quickly jump in between apps with a simple XML edit adding the app/game ID. You can in fact trigger any uri call like PKG Installer, format memory card and so much more. Here is a list of uri calls. Removing ads is nice but adding apps or uri calls is a truly amazing feature.

Code:
      settings_dlg:

settings_dlg:updater
      settings_dlg:updater::via_downloader
      settings_dlg:updater::com
      settings_dlg:updater::via_game
      settings_dlg:updater::via_mc

settings_dlg:wifi::wps
      settings_dlg:wifi::manual

settings_dlg:signin
      settings_dlg:psn::account_information
      settings_dlg:psn::profile
      settings_dlg:psn::twitter

settings_dlg:custom_themes

settings_dlg:console_info::psm

settings_dlg:reset::format_mc_for_promote      !!!!INSTA-FORMAT!!!!!

settings_dlg:debug::crash_test ---> Crashes the System
      settings_dlg:sandbox::generic_page1 ---> Error

settings_dlg:psn::profile::account_panel_selection (dex only?)
      photo:delete
      photo:browse?category=ALL

music:delete
      music:browse?category=ALL

video:delete
      video:browse?category=ALL
      video:browse?category=ALL&content_id=21617......

email:?body=LoremIpsum&attach=ux0:/calendar/vitacal.ics
      scecalendar:type=schedule_detail&uid=201607301930002472&date=20160730

psnreg:
      pscloud:
      psns:demo
      psvp:play?url=
      psnmsg:chatview

psns:browse?category=
      psns:browse?product=
      psns_in_game:browse?category=
      psns_in_game:browse?product=

psns:redeem?code1=XXX&code2=XXX&code3=XXX
    2. bguerville
      bguerville
      Finally... Xml modding getting some interest on the Vita... [emoji6]
      atreyu187 and STLcardsWS like this.
    3. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      I think @atreyu187 is the lead dev for Team LAM+

Also time to beat the @STLcardsWS [emoji14]

Boss man is merging my posts [emoji14]
      atreyu187 and pinky like this.
    4. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Just glad to give back to this AMAZING community you all have let me be a part of.
    5. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      LiveAreaManager+
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Yea I kinda figured that and I am working in something as we speak. Trying to see if I can make more then three apps fit. But anyone got any ideas on what should be added? I so far have one working for my LAN HENkaku to install v4 for PSN access since I use DEX shell. V6 doesn't allow PSN access but v4 does just fine. This is a ton of fun.
      DeViL303 and bguerville like this.
    7. bguerville
      bguerville
      @atreyu187
      So PSN access is ok with v4 offline installer?
      Do you take any steps before connecting?
    8. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      It pretty much was when we were doing XMBM+
      DeViL303 likes this.
    9. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      You mean running DEX shell right? Yea not only does it allow PSN access with DEX but blocks online updates as well. Hoping I can do something you all will like. I am not running the offline installer though. I setup HENkaku on my LAN just type in my IP and it redirects to my PC. My offline installer is v6
      Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    10. vampirex
      vampirex
    11. atreyu187
      atreyu187

I wish this would work for PSTV as well. I don't recall seeing that on them but works great on my Vita.
    12. pinky
      pinky
      I've not tried this before, but it doesn't work for the pstv? I think I'll have to change the vita shell title id folder though since I'm using a clone with title id NPUH90046. that's the title id of the evil lord demo. I made a clone of it, so I'd have to modify as little as possible since I'm using app.db mods and icons/backgrounds. anyway, I'm probably going to use this xml file. where do I place the icons or does the system use the icons from the appmeta folder already?
    13. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Nah it's opened and used via touch screen so PSTV doesn't use it despite touch emulation or simply using a DS4
    14. pinky
      pinky
      nm. I figured out the images. I have this installed on my psv now. :)
    15. vampirex
      vampirex
      Works fine on my PS TV, you might want to check your xml.

I use a DS3, press the home button twice. (not sure if its because of the DS4?)
    16. pinky
      pinky
      it works with a DS4. that's what I'm using with my pstv. I think @atreyu187 might be thinking of something else since he is the site vita expert. ;)
    17. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Ok guys I have been slacking. It was the PSTV's what's new area that isn't on the Vita. Been a while since I tinkered. My kid sync'd trophies today and got me an IP ban via the Vita for all of my systems, PSP, PS3, PS4, PSTV, and Vita. Hopefully it only last a day or two but yea you can mod the what's new on the PSTV like XMBM+ for the PS3 on the PSTV.
    18. pinky
      pinky
      u can use the same what's new on both systems as I did. however, for some reason, my what's new on the vita changed back at some point.

as for ur daughter syncing trophies and getting u banned. how can u stay mad at that. u've got the cutest daughter. just look at that face. :) my daughter is cute as hell too. I just wish I could see her more often, but things have been hard for me as u know.
    19. pinky
      pinky
      @atreyu187 , I think the ads reappeared for me due to using cma. I'm assuming cma's call to home caused the what's new.xml to be recreated. though, this is just an assumption since I don't know what else could've caused it. I'll know when I use cma to put all my vita games on my pstv. right now, I'm trying to save data on an hdd that failed. the hdd contained all my 360 and xbox original games as well as my aurora database and ipod music to listen to while in game (yeah, the 360 can do this if u weren't already aware).