PSX-Place's own @atreyu187 has recently shared two guides with us & the Vita Community. One is written by himself and another written by reddit user DarkBlack711 , These two separate guides will remove some of those unwanted Sony ads on the LiveArena of the PS Vita & PlayStation TV, DarkBlack711 shows us how to remove the multi-tasking ads and also made some clever suggestions with modifying it to add things such as HENkaku links, which could be useful to some user's/ Then recently atreyu187 also showed us how to remove the Feature Screen on LiveArena. Both useful guides for HENkaku user's if these in system ads bother you. Checkout these latest HENkaku Guides ..
- How to Modify / Remove multi-tasking menu for Vita/PsTV
- How to Remove the "Featured" Screen on Vita / PsTV
How modify/remove multi-tasking menu for Vita/PSTV
By following this guide you will successfully remove all advertisements on the multitasking menu when you press PS button and you can replace with HENkaku apps or your favorite games for a quick change.
You should know that if you rebuild your database in recovery you will have to do the same thing all over again.
- Enable HENKaku
- Open molecularShell/VitaShell and navigate to ur0:shell/ and there you will see a folder named whats_new. Delete it and restart your PS Vita.
- When your Vita restarts you have to press PS button couple of times, this is so that Vita can download new advertisements.
- When the advertisements pop-up again navigate to ur0:shell/whats_new/np/ with molecularShell/VitaShell and inside that folder you will see whatsnew.xml file. Delete it and create a folder named "whatsnew.xml" without "".
- Restart your PS Vita and enjoy your brand new multitasking menu without those pesky advertisements.
ALSO SOME EXTRA DETAILS BY ATREYU187:
So this is the easiest guide I have ever written. The "Featured" screen for the PSTV is so annoying always making me take a look at it and slowing down what I am trying to do at the time. Sony never updates it with anything new and until @DeViL303 @bitsbubba or some other crafty genius can make use of the XML files I feel it needs to go.
This useless screen isn't even in every region as some countries have seen it as intrusive ad possibly illegal so Sony just didn't add the darn thing. Would have been nice if they gave us a choice to disable this screen.
So here we go as it will take you longer to read this then to actually go the "mod" but here is what is needed to do this. BTW this will also stick after a firmware update to 3.61 if you should so choose. It with my little guide on the permanent v1 whitelist survive the updates.
- PSTV/Vita TV on 3.60
- HENkaku installed and enabled
- File Manager e.g. VitaShell molecularShell or OneLUA
- FTP access (not needed but up to you)
SEE FULL TUTORIAL BY ATREYU187:
PS VITA / PS TV How to Remove Sony Ads from PS Vita / PsTV Live Area
By STLcardsWS on Oct 22, 2016 at 8:13 PM
SEN Enabler v6.0.5 [BETA v3] - 4.82 CFW Support & moreImprovements v6.0.5 [BETA v3]
- Added spoof to 4.82
- Added support for CFWs 4.82 CEX/DEX
- Added Cobra support for CFW 4.82 CEX (There is no DEX atm)
- Added custom CFW mode for Ferrox 4.82 [COBRA]
I'm so sorry for going so slow but i don't have my PS3 alive atm, if you see something wrong please let me know, and sorry againContinue reading
PSV VSH Menu v1.1 [taiHen] by Joel16Developer Joel16 has dropped off a gift to the Vita community as v1.1 of PSV VSH Menu has been released. A bit of customization is introduced in v1.1 New "Launch Program" feature also has been added, these are just a couple of the changes that are listed in the entire changelog, Full details of the update for this progressing VSH menu can be seen in the details provided by the dev.
[Coming Soon] XtremeEliteBoot+ (a powerful alternative for FMCB)I wanted to introduce to the scene a project I (HWNJ) have been working on with Chelsea_Fantasy for a long of time ago. XtremeEliteBoot was a private project that we only shared with a small circle of people in Cuba back in 2012. It is intended to be a "ready to use", "all-in-one", "noob-proof" alternative to "FreeMcBoot". Also, XEB featured some exclusive features that no PS2 homebrew was able to provide until the time of writing this (2017-11-15).Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
MegaMan- War of the Past OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett
This GBA Emulator is the best one to use with 98% of GBA Games on PS2 (HDD-USB-MC) -belek666