I need confirmation asap!

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by mpalmu, Dec 8, 2018.

1. 2
    mpalmu

mpalmu Forum Noob

So i'm looking to jailbreak my PS3 Slim, Model: CECH-25xxB, OFW: 4.82 for GTA Online modding. And someone told me i can't , and someone said i can... so i tought i come here and ask experts can i jailbreak my PS3 Slim? If yes can you link me some tutorials for my PS3 type or something. Thanks!
    -Newbie in PS3 exploitting

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. 7,592
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

First things first, download the MinVerChk PUP file from this forum or from psdevwiki.com, copy the PUP file on a USB FAT32 (MBR partition) device.
    Full file path should be
    x:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP

Launch the XMB Settings - system software update via USB feature with the USB device plugged in.
    MinVerChk will be detected, execute it & it will show a pop up window on screen with the minimum installable firmware version.
    Check that the version number is <= 3.56 to ensure that your console is CFW compatible.

3. 2
    mpalmu

mpalmu Forum Noob

So.. is this OK? (My current OFW is 4.82)

Attached Files:

4. 7,592
    bguerville

Yes, it's OK. The console is cfw compatible.
    You can now use the ps3xploit Flash Writer 2.0, follow the Jailbreak steps I outlined in the post below. Don't omit any detail in that post, even if you "believe" it could be omitted, all steps are essential.
    https://www.psx-place.com/index.php?posts/108103

5. 127
    dazzaXx

dazzaXx Member

.RCO Plugin Coder
    Be careful, i've said this countless times to people wanting to jailbreak for modding gta online, if you are referring to GTA 5 online then be warned, a lot of people who already mod on there are malicious af and like to either trace your IP Address to find out the origin of where you live or DDOS the crap out of you so you can't do anything.

Be prepared, wether your router has DDOS protection or a menu that blocks your external IP getting traced because your most likely gonna run into people trying to mess you up solely for the purpose of their amusement.

Their menus (most likely either paid ones or ones they've made themselves) are able to detect other modders on the server and therefore puts you on their radar so unless you've got all that protection sorted plus a menu thats able to stealth you from other modders, i would advise not modding GTA 5 Online, from someone who's been on both sides, its not a good time for anyone involved.

But that's all up to you, just thought i'd give a little warning into what you'll be getting yourself into.

6. 7,592
    bguerville

Online game modding & cheating is a bad practice, imho it's the main problem at the source of game server bans (translating into PSN bans) in general.
    It's the overall lack of respect for a network that starts killing that network, as surely as the lack of interest that usually follows. What's the point of an online GTA5 service incapable of delivering a clean game session?

Also when you buy a game mod without source code, you don't have a clue what you are running. It may be legit code.. Or not. For example, as well as creating menus, you could also be setting up a backdoor on your network giving partial to full access to anyone with the right info on the wide Internet, depending on your setup.
    In some cases, such a security breach could lead to the entire home network being penetrated including PCs, Smartphones, tablets..
    Of course, as always, the people most desperate to acquire such mods are usually the least knowledgeable about the risks involved & mitigation techniques, making them perfect attack targets. Annoying DDOS attacks should be the least of those guys worries given the other risks involved.

Having said that, it's fair to say that the risk of exposure to all sorts of malware isn't just limited to running some closed source mods. For instance, the ps3xploit js code could be used maliciously quite easily in all sorts of Web pages to achieve mischief & all sorts of other exploits are possible, ps3xploit is the only exploit implementation for ps3 browser available publicly but there could be more out in the wild...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    dazzaXx likes this.
  7. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

they still ban for playing untouched gtav (iso ripped from original disc) if you have any trace of cfw on your system let alone for modding.

bitsbubba likes this.
  8. 7,592
    bguerville

Sure but imho if nobody was abusing their servers, game makers would have little reason to bother with reporting CFW users to S#ny. They would probably not even bother checking for CFW in the first place..
    Do you think it's a coincidence if using GTA5, COD or BO2 online with CFW can be risky while most other titles aren't a problem?

Also reporting CFW users imo mostly comes from the partially wrong assumption that they use piracy. In any case, iirc the PSN TOS specify that using a modified system is a breach of the agreement leading to denial of services without compensation.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  9. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

i'm not complaining,i'm just stating what i know firsthand (and more than one case).

10. 127
    dazzaXx

dazzaXx Member

.RCO Plugin Coder
    I've been using backups of my game discs on the HDD for almost 2 years and still have yet to be banned. so i don't think $ony care that much.

11. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

in my experience it depends on the game.gtav,mw3 and more recent and popular games (gtav being most critical) pose biggest risk,older and les popular titles are pretty much safe.

to be clear,on all cases of banning that i know proper and full care wasn't in place (history,syscalls,spoofing...) so i guess it's also and if not more important to properly care and be most carefull when going online.

but couple of that older titles even when doing nothing to prevent ban didn't result in banning.