IDPSet v0.87 - Now Firmware Independant

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 23, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Sep 23, 2015 at 7:46 PM
  1. 5,886
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Developer Zar updates his popular PS3 homebrew utility IDPSet with the release of v0.87 that brings firmware independence (excludes Rootkey Dumper & Converter) which means this application should not need an update when a new firmware is released. Also the root key dumper has been updated with 4.75 DEX Support, Then [break]ss[/break] also Zar has added a log that contains additional details, so future issues such as the random freezing bug can be tracked.

idpset.PNG

Download: IDPSet_v0.87.pkg
    • Mirror(s) ---> Link

Source: PSX-Place.com

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Сhocoladik
      Сhocoladik
      Thank you, have a manual How to Use?
    2. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Awesome!! This is a truly nifty tool. So can this dump all firmwares eID Root Keys? And the tool is pretty straightforward the IDPS is stored in a plain text file on the root of a FAT32 format USB drive. Then the app detects it and perma installs it. Nice and simple.

Edit

And the notes means no perma install of PSP IDPS only in LV2 which needs to be redone with every reboot and when a new eID Dumper for a new firmware comes out the app will need an update but can always install a valid PS3 IDPS no matter the firmware. Been using this for about a week now glad to see if get front paged!!
      Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
    3. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      So I'm still sitting here with my partial ban, is this the program I'm wanting to use when/ if I get an ID to permanently change it?
    4. gmipf
      gmipf
      Thank you for the update. Can you add writing PSID permanently as a feature? This would be awesome.
    5. Zar
      Zar
      Yes but it's useless ;s that's why i removed it... You are not the first one to ask me to add si perhaps i'll do it
    6. gmipf
      gmipf
      Why is it useless?
    7. ERICK-RZ-
      ERICK-RZ-
      what about changing psid? ;(
    8. SwapOne
      SwapOne
      hi zar, i was wondering if you can make a fast update to your app, allowing us to edit the 15th digit ... after the region code, 83 84 85 88 89 etc.... there are 000 in most of the Idps, but some are 001, i assume the 15th digit can be 0 or 1.

i came across some IDPS with 15 digit as 1 not 0, so you can have my confirmation.

also if you have the time i'm sure you can dig the web a bit for some examples.

thx for the great contribution to this community.
      all the best ...
      ex:
      00000001008?001??000
    9. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      15-16th digit is your ps3 model (8th byte) and correct values are 01 to 0F and 13 (for now, maybe more will be added as 01 - to 0F are already used).

More: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models

Look at "Type" tab 0x(your value here)
    10. Zar
      Zar
      Can you give me 1 of them even if it's banned i'll check it, and if it's a valid one, i'll update idpset in the end of september because I can't do it right now.
      bguerville likes this.