Dismiss Notice

PSX-Place.com Announcement:

New Smiley's Added to post editor !!!

VITA / PsTV IMCUnlock - PSVITA Internal Storage (1000 Series Only)

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by Naked_Snake1995, Jul 13, 2018.

1. 277
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

Does your PlayStationVita, lack memory storage, or you are afraid to lose your memory card, well SKGleba came with a neat little solution for all PlayStationVita (PCH-1000 Series Model) to unlock a bit of your internal storage (from 300Mb up to 2.5Gb).

CAUTION: THIS TUTORIAL WILL ONLY WORK FOR THE 1XXX SERIES PSVITA, DO NOT TRY IT ON ANOTHER MODEL OF PSVITA OR PSTV, ALSO ONE NOTE, DISABLE ANY PLUGINS THAT YOU HAVE INSTALLED.

USE THE TOOL AT YOUR OWN RISK

THINGS YOU WILL NEED:

• PlayStationVita (Running Firmwares 3.60/3.65/3.67/3.68)
    • H-Encore (3.67/3.68 Users) or Enso (3.60/3.65)
    • PSVITA (1000 Series Only) - WIFI or WIFI/3G
    • PSVITA Official Memory Card (You will need to save the VPK)
    • VITASHELL (By TheFlow)
    • IMCUnlock (By SKGleba)

STEP- 1

Download IMCUnlock Tool, and transfer it to your Internal Memory Card (UX0) with VitaShell, via USB or FTP, both will work.

Open VITASHELL, and install IMCUnlock.vpk, into your PlayStationVita, once installed refresh your LiveArea, and exit VITASHELL, the IMCUnlock Bubble should be displaying in your LiveArea.

STEP- 2

Open IMCUnlock Bubble in your LiveArea, and you will be prompted with a User Agreement Screen, read it carefully, and once finished you can click Continue.

Next you will have 4 Options, and to play it safe, choose the Options tab, and next hit Backup, this will allow you to backup the PSVITA Boot Regions, in case something goes wrong, and hit Backup VD0, then Backup TM0 and Backup PD0 and Backup ID Data, backup the sectors one by one.

Once you done with the Backups previously, go Back to Options, and click on
    Storage Size tab, this will allow to extend your Internal Memory from 300Mb or 2.5Gb, this will get rid of PSVITA LiveArea BGM (Background Music) and PSVITA app - WELCOME PARK, you can always get back the BGM,if you dont care about these two, you can proceed to the next step.

STEP- 3

Once you choose your memory limit in the previous step, select the Back tab, now you will be back into the IMCUnlock Main Menu, from there select Enable Internal UX Storage tab, and you will be prompted with a Warning Message, then continue, and let it do his magic.

Once the flash has been completed, you will now be prompted with 3 options, depending on your firmware, if you are using
    H-Encore choose the first tab (Press CROSS to restart the system), if you are a HENkaku ENSO User, then select the second tab (Press CIRCLE to launch ENSO installer).

Once finished, your PSVITA will reboot, you will have to install H-ENCORE and VITASHELL all over again, as your main UX0 storage has been moved to Internal PSVITA Storage.

CONGRATULATIONS YOUR PSVITA 1XXX SERIES, NOW HAS INTERNAL STORAGE, THAT YOU CAN USE TO INSTALL HOMEBREW, WITHOUT THE NEED OF A MEMORY CARD. ;)

MANY THANKS TO THEFLOW FOR HENkaku AND H-ENCORE,AND SKGleba FOR HIS NEAT TOOL.

SKGleba IMCUnlock TOOL: https://github.com/SKGleba/IMCUnlock/releases/tag/v2.5.2

SKGleba IMCUnlock - Enso Users: https://github.com/SKGleba/IMCUnlock/tree/master/enso-installers

PSVITA LIVEAREA - BGM: https://github.com/SKGleba/IMCUnlock/tree/master/pd0-spoof

IF YOU WISH MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TOOL VISIT SKGleba/IMCUnlock GitHub

https://github.com/SKGleba/IMCUnlock

Dh4V9UXU0AAphxi.jpg

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    pinky, TheDemon and STLcardsWS like this.
  2. 375
    TheDemon

TheDemon Member

damn thats a huge boost in internal memory, so i guess my vita model PCH-1004 is compatible right? i know he says 1XXX, but better ask then get regret for screwing up the vita

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  3. 277
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

Yes, although mentioned 1000 Series, this means all Phat OLED Models are compatible, regarding if they're are WIFI or WIFI/3G.

As long is a Phat Model, you are all good to go. ;)

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

TheDemon likes this.
  4. 375
    TheDemon

TheDemon Member

Been reading some replies over the internet, to bad that we cant have both memories avaiable at the same time, oficial vita mmc and internal, need to be switching from what i understood with storage manager, don't know going to wait a bit and see more detailed info about swaping memory/redirecting, stuff like that.

don't know if i its right what i said but correct me if im wrong

5. 277
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

No you cannot, this applies to SD2VITA as well, as the PlayStationVita Main storage is labled UX0, so in conclusion, each time you change a memory path, you changed it to a VITA Readable state, which is UX0.

6. 375
    TheDemon

TheDemon Member

7. 277
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

TheDemon likes this.
  8. 8,877
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I've heard that it's possible to use extended storage (ur0) by modifying the eboot path in the app.db (appinfo table). I've done this with a pboot, but that was already on ux0. there's not much space though. I know atreyu was using it to store roms. I don't use it at all.