PS3 IRISMAN 4.80 - Mamba 3.x Support Added (PSPISO /PS2ISO) & more from Aldostools

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 30, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 30, 2016 at 11:02 PM
  1. 5,564
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Developer Aldostools has published a new update to the very popular PS3 homebrew IRISMAN. The feature rich backup manager now supports Mamba 3.x, which is the version that has closed the gap with Cobra and Mamba, giving mamba PSP and PS2 ISO support. Aldo also adds various changes and additions in relation to mamba as outlined in the changelog provided. Also note that a new version labeling system showing the supported firmware, so in this case 4.80 CFW is the latest we now have with this update IRISMAN v04.80.00

IRISMAN.png

• IRISMAN v04.80.00:
      • Install Mamba 3.x (thanks to PS3ITA)
      • Implemented PRX Mamba Loader into IRISMAN
      • Added load Mamba through PRX Loader payload.
      • Added support to load Mamba uncompressed.
      • Added display of payload version in Global menu
      • webMAN now is auto-loaded with IRISMAN (the path of the plugin is set in settings.ini)
      • Added display of CPU/RSX temperatures in File Manager
      • Fixed various issues listing games.
      • Removed prxloader.self (not needed)
      • Changed version to match latest supported CFW version (like in multiMAN)

Mamba 3.x supports everything in Cobra (PS3ISO, PSPISO, PS2ISO*, PSXISO, NETISO, NTFS, plugins, etc.). *PS2 requires the emus patched for Cobra (e.g. the ones found on Rebug or PRX Mamba Loader)

Thanks to Rancid-O, Zar, NzV, Joonie, Estwald, Habib, deank, Team Cobra, etc.

• IRISMAN
      This project is a fork of Iris Manager originally created by Estwald and D_Skywalk, and modified by aldostools (& at times updated and contributed by other devs, including Joonie, Habib, Alexander, NzV, Orion, EvilNat, etc.). IRISMAN includes almost all the features of the original backup manager and the following main features, among many others:

• Extended the support to several CFW up to version 4.80
      • Changed Sk1e payload to use syscall 38 instead of syscall 8, to avoid conflict with Cobra/MAMBA and legacy apps that use syscall 8.
      • Remapped the buttons to XMB / multiMAN style.
      • Added support for PSP games.
      • Added support retro games (RetroArch has to be installed).
      • Direct launch of multimedia files (Requires SHOWTIME.SELF from multiMAN).
      • Various GUI modes with modifications (XMB-like, coverflow with a bigger image, grid modes from 3x2 up to 8x6)
      • Added option to filter game lists by category, device and name.
      • Support background images from PIC0 and ICON0.
      • Support MP3 as background music and play from File Manager.
      • Several optimizations to File Manager and Hex editor.
      • External Mamba payload files.
      • Support for spoof IDPS and PSID.
      • Access to internet browser.
      • Various tweaks to the GUI.
      • Various tweaks to sm_monitor (aka fan controller).
      • Improved speed of ISO builder.
      • Reformatted style of coding.

Download via: Brewology.com

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    windrider, tonybologna, T.A.U and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Derf Jagged
      Derf Jagged
      Wait, I thought standard Mamba 3.0.1 did not support PS2/PSPISOs and that only Funny Mamba did?
    2. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Mamba itself. See aldo release quote
    3. aldostools
      aldostools
      Mamba 2.x doesn't have support for PS2 & PSP.
      Mamba 3.x added support to PS2 in version 3.0.0, and later added PSP in version 3.1.0.

The note in Brewology for Mamba/PRX Loader is not completely updated (it was for Mamba 2.x).
      The pkg is version 3.0.1 from PS3ITA, that includes the patched ps2 emulators.
      The version 3.1.0 that adds PSP was released as Funny Mamba.
      http://www.ps3ita.it/unofficial-mambaprx-autoloader-v3-1-0/

Both packages are the ones released by PS3ITA, and they only support up to CFW 4.78.

IRISMAN 4.80 doesn't include or install the patched ps2emus. It installs the PRX loader payload, sk1e payload and Mamba 3.1.x for CFW 3.55 up to 4.80 CEX/DEX.

If webMAN MOD is found in the path indicated in settings.ini, IRISMAN will load it automatically.
      webMAN is used as a complementary plugin to load /net games, fan control and for auto-play after launch.

EDIT:
      I've uploaded an "unofficial" Mamba/PRX Loader 3.1.1 to Brewology with support for 4.80 CEX/DEX
      http://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=287

It installs the same Mamba payloads included in IRISMAN 4.80
      Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
      Derf321, T.A.U, Joonie and 3 others like this.
    4. Sztermel
      Sztermel
      Hey, I have a question regarding Irisman, what kind of magic does it use to make PSX games work?
      I tried running a game through webman and it didn't work with both emu's.
      I run it through irisman and it worked instantly with no problems.
      Is there a way to make it work thorugh webman it seems to be more handy to use and I prefer to use it for everything I have so far.
    5. Derf321
      Derf321
      Thanks for the detailed reply and for uploading it to Brewology! :)