Is it possible to use Xbox one controller on han xploit ps3?

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Danyaal Majid, Jun 7, 2018.

1. 10
    Danyaal Majid

Danyaal Majid New Member

Hi good people,
    I was wondering if it was possible to use an xbox one bluetooth controller using the han xploit.any plugin available?.or is there a way to install any drivers.i bought this controller to use on pc.wired or wireless will work.and can someone tell me how to install psxpad
    Thanks

2. 8,138
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I don't think so. plugins require cobra which in turn requires cfw.

kozarovv likes this.
  3. 8,138
    pinky

I take that back. this just hit me, but chronus max plus might be able to do this. I think it's a dongle that plugs into a usb port. they were like $60 last time I checked.

4. 10
    Danyaal Majid

Danyaal Majid New Member

thanks,but i already know about cronusmax usb.i was gonna buy it but then i thought that lets check if there is a plugin available.can u tell me what cobra is and how to use it on a ps3 with cfw?

5. 6,963
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Cobra is included in most CFWs, it brings ISO file support as well as plugin support among many other features. Cobra does not get installed separately.

Some CFWs do not include Cobra, we often refer to those CFWs as standard CEX. On a standard CEX CFW, we often rely on Mamba (a Cobra equivalent which can be installed using a pkg) to get ISO & plugin support.

Plugins are usually loaded by Cobra (or Mamba) at boot time. To do that, we use a file called boot_plugins.txt located at the root of the internal HDD ie /dev_hdd0/boot_plugins.txt. (with Mamba, the file is named mamba_plugins.txt).

To load a plugin using Cobra, all you need to do is add a new line to boot_plugins.txt with the path to the plugin.

For instance, if you put a plugin file called plugin.sprx in /dev_hdd0/plugins, you must add the following line to boot_plugins.txt:
    Code:
    /dev_hdd0/plugins/plugin.sprx
    Cobra will then automatically load the plugin.sprx file on boot.

Note that Cobra & Mamba are not a requirement to load a plugin. If you use a standard CEX CFW & don't want to install Mamba, you can use PRXLoader to do the job.

Most recent releases of Mamba & PRXLoader can be downloaded from our Resources section or from store.brewology.com.

For more details about Cobra & Mamba features, I recommend you read the OP of this thread. http://www.psx-place.com/threads/cobra-vs-mamba-vs-rebug-rex.1637/

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    pinky and kozarovv like this.
  6. 13
    malk4days

malk4days New Member

Brooks adapters are way cheaper than Cronusmax and work just as well if you aren't interested in scripts and such.

pinky likes this.
  7. 8,138
    pinky

hmm...never heard of that. I was just gaming on my switch when I remembered the chronus max. :-p

@op, it's probably not worth investing in a chronus max unless you intend to use it on multiple systems. I mean it costs as much as a new controller! :)

8. 10
    Danyaal Majid

Danyaal Majid New Member

thanks for the info guys and the explanation about cobra.i bought my ps3 super slim in 2014 when it launched and have been trying to run backups on it for a while.6 year old game discs failing.a few weeks ago my midnight club la disc failed before i made a backup of it and before i exploited my ps3.such a shame that the disc dosent work even though it is read by the optical drive and has almost no marks or scratches on it.anyways thanks to W, esc0rtd3w, bguerville and Habib for making this possible and bringing some cfw functionality to the unhackable ps3.cheers guys and keep developing this until it replaces the cfw.hope you succeed.
    Thanks