Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN is there a ps3xploit puglin that will let me play my original jap ps1 games on my pal ps3?

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by KenTGC, Aug 28, 2018.

1. 2
    KenTGC

KenTGC Forum Noob

title, I have many original jap psx games and i wanna play in on my pal-ps3 superslim with ps3xploit, can i play it? it sucks that ps3 games are region free and psx aren't

2. 209
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    I have personally never encountered this issue, as in trying to play PAL backups on my USA ps3. I happened to find a post bringing up a similar issue (if not, vice-versa), here.
    User @Naked_Snake1995 posted:
    "Ok ive done a bit of digging, and here are the results.

If you own a NTSC-U Machine, you still have to to the conversion method to enable Europe as the Region via Debug Settings.

Another solution, is go to your Video Settings, select HDMI (if you are in HDMI), and untick all video output resolutions (1080p/1080i/720p) and just leave 480p (NTSC) or 576p (PAL) checked, and see the results ;)

Test both 480/576p with 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio, and report back ;)
    "

My guess is that you could take his results, and flip them and try it out. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work(however I've never had to try this myself.). Click that link to take you directly to the thread discussing the issue if you'd like to look into it more and learn exactly what they were doing. Hopefully this will be of some help to you and lead to a better answer!

sandungas likes this.
  3. 2
    KenTGC

KenTGC Forum Noob

So the only method for playing psx games is to backup them? i can't play it just put my cd on the disk tray and play it with some plugin?

4. 209
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    I doubt it. I was assuming you were using the HAN exploit, which would allow you to play them as digital backups, installed on your console. No disc required except for initially copying the game's image (ISO) for use with the package conversion process.
    As for playing from the disc, I doubt there would be a way since official firmware can't run homebrew. Even with HAN, it's still on official firmware, which greatly restricts the use of most homebrew.
    Unless someone else may know of a way, you have 2 options. Get a PS3 that's compatible with those games(which I assume is a problem, and is why you're here.) or proceed to use HAN by converting your games into .pkg format.
    There is great tutorial here: @Fin9ersMcGee 's
    The Great PS3Xploit 3.0 HAN All In One Guide
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this, I have no way to test ps1 or ps2 discs since my Blu Ray drive is messed up. I'm not sure if HAN allows discs to be played since all of the games that work with the exploit must be in .PKG format in order to install/play to the console.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  5. 7,502
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

As far as plugin's.
    PS3 HAN does not have the ability to run custom plugins (only CFW has this ability)

Zazenora likes this.
  6. 209
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    A much shorter and simpler explanation xD

Tags: