Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Is there any Difference in using HAN on Slim and SuperSlim?

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit Tools & Utilities' started by Light_Warrior, May 3, 2018.

1. 87
    Light_Warrior

Light_Warrior Forum Noob

Hello

I'm about to trade my PS3 Slim CECH 3000 160GB on a SuperSlim with the benefit of having 1TB.

But before that.. i want to know.. if the procedures are the same, if there is some difference.. in installation for example, or something that can be done on my Slim, that can't be on SuperSlim regarding HAN 3.0.

Something that SuperSlim blocks HAN, but it can be done normally on Slim cech 3000.

There is differences of this kind? I hope not haha.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  2. 7,421
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

No, in practice there is no difference between the 2 consoles when it comes to HAN & related HAN Tools.

3. 462
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

None at all.You could just get a bigger harddrive for the 3000 and it will be the same thing as the ss.

Light_Warrior likes this.
  4. 408
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

As far as i know, no.

HAN will work on both 3000 and 4000 Series PS3s, the advantage for the 4K SS being you are getting a bigger HDD, and a smaller form factor, and better reliability than the 3K (imo).

Ive got a 4004C SS, since my 2504B died on me, and i had my doubts about the Super Slim, mainly because its cheaply made, and its smaller than the regular Slim, but my thoughts where quickly changed, as ive got the SS for fairly cheap, with a 500Gb HDD, and the console its fairly quited and power efficient.

If you had a CFW compatible PS3, i would say stick to it, but as you own a 3K series, trading it for a 4K Series seems a great deal, if you dont mind the sliding door over the slot loaded disc bay, you are golden ;)

5. 87
    Light_Warrior

Light_Warrior Forum Noob

So i trade... the guy fooled me, he gave me a ps3 with no HD.

I still have the serial code of my ps3 that i gave him.. is there a way to contact Sony and request to block that PS3? Considering that ps3 had Exploit Han with piracy games?

6. 174
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

Well, no HD drive in it? You can just install a new hard drive on PS3 and there's no way to blocking PS3 console unless the console was jailbroken and even careless when using modded/exploited console which resulting console and PSN account permanent ban.

7. 87
    Light_Warrior

Light_Warrior Forum Noob

Hey guys..It's possible to use a flash drive as a internal drive until i buy an appropriate internal HD??
    To me at least be able.. to install one game or two .. ? :(

8. 408
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

Afaik, yes, but you are limited to 12Gb Only of Flash Memory, should be enough for a game or two, but you need better solid proof, as i don´t bother installing HAN in my 4000 Series, because i wont bother to have headaches of conversions and activations, better of re-buying a CFW console for that matter.

The procedure, should be the same as having an HDD with HAN ;)

But one question, why would you trade a 3000 for a 4000!? I mean, the Slim is just a gorgeous machine, unlike the 4K which skiped with plastic, feels cheap.

But not as gorgeous as the OG 60Gb :D

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  9. 87
    Light_Warrior

Light_Warrior Forum Noob

Yeh there is the Flash Memory which is 12 GB.. but some % of the total GB capacity is allocated to install the ps3 system, which leaves me around 7GB to install games. I couldn't even install PES18 :( :(

I want to give a slightly boost on the HD by adding more 12 GB with a external flash drive,to work like a internal HD. Resulting in 24 GB.

I agree it's better go straight and buy a CFW, but at the moment i can't spend money on consoles.

Now going back in time when i had my HAN Slim with 160 GB...

Since i can't buy a CFW, at least improving the internal HD on HAN.. having more space to install games.. looks like a good idea.. right?

Then someguy said he had a SuperSlim with 1TB of HD, but his 4000 series didn't had HAN.

So basically the trade was... My 3000 with 160 GB with HAN for his 4000 with 1 TB without HAN.

My benefit would be the 1 TB
    His Benefit would be the HAN with some games installed.

But he gave me a SuperSlim without any HD at all. He ripped me off.

10. 7,421
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

A USB flash drive can only be mounted as external storage & on OFW, you cannot use external storage to store your games and/or to install them as you may be able to do on CFW.
    To get more storage space on your 12Gb console, you need to install a sata hdd (9.5mm max) in the internal storage bay, there is no other alternative. Remember that the maximum recommended size for internal hdd is 1Tb. In theory, the maximum size is 2Tb but compatibility issues are common above 1Tb.

11. 462
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Sounds like a shitty trade.Dont you have the guys personal information or somthing.You could mabe blackmail him into a retrade.