VITA / PsTV Is This Normal?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by pinky, Aug 8, 2017.

1. 1,840
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Its possible your TV is slow to respond to the active HDMI signal and enable the display, even though it might be on the channel, One of my TVs is a bit like that, So it could be that you are just missing it due to that maybe. You would have most chance of seeing it on a reboot of course.

pinky likes this.
  2. 5,799
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I hadn't thought of that. I asked a friend, who installed enso on his pstv, if he had the same issue, and he said that he's never seen the boot logo either. I don't even think he knew there was one since he doesn't own a vita. lol I've texted atreyu since he's been beta testing enso for several months and has multiple pstv's. maybe he'll know if it's normal for this to happen? though, it could as u suspected, but if my friend is having the same issue, I'm wondering if something else is going on. I had a heck of a time installing enso on the pstv, but the install on the vita was pretty smooth, so maybe there r bugs with the pstv side of enso?

3. 5,799
    pinky

I got a message back from atreyu. he said it's not supposed to appear on the pstv, so what's happening is normal. :)

DeViL303 likes this.
  4. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    bug?

5. 5,799
    pinky

atreyu wasn't sure if the myprofile.dat file was supposed to be like that. perhaps, someone could make one using the generator and drop it into a hex editor to see if it shows the same thing: the psn id followed by padding 0's to equal 328 bytes. I saw in atreyu's tutorial on using the myprofile.dat that @Joonie used it successfully, so maybe he knows whether the file is supposed to be that way?

6. 759
    Berion

Berion Developer

@pinky It cannot be proper as generated one is almost empty and my is complex.

@kozarovv I heard that usbmc doesn't automatically mount uma0 as ux0 and it's a bug of Enso (as I remember, Yifanlu himeself wrote it (on Vita Hacks on Reddit).

pinky likes this.
  7. 5,799
    pinky

so it was nearly empty for u as well? my friend had a myprofile.dat on his pstv, so maybe it's generated from opening an app of some sort? I'm nervous about doing anything that might try to sign me in due to deactivation, so I haven't tested it myself. I just figured someone who's already tested it, like Joonie, might know if actually works. I suppose it's not so much a big deal since I probably wouldn't bother with remote play since the ps4 has to be on the latest firmware anyway.

usbmc mounts the flash drive as ux0, yes. there was an update to it that made it compatible with the pstv. that's how I found all these bugs with the uninstallation process of enso. I uninstalled enso before the update thinking something was wrong. kozy told me about the update the following day.

Berion likes this.
  8. 5,799
    pinky

btw, the reinstallation of ofw 3.60 (if modifications to os0 r detected) causes a black screen. this happened to me. it's only black while it reinstalls the firmware, so u have to be patient. on the vita, however, there's a phase 1/2 screen that appears. the lack of a boot screen and this firmware reinstallation thing could be related the pstv's failure to initialize in time. it might also explain the mbr error if parts of enso r left intact even after uninstallation. when I reinstalled enso, it didn't have to reinstall the firmware again. however, while uninstalled, as I said in another thread, resulted in blank icons and an update the system software nag screen that I couldn't get out of. I tried installing the firmware again but that had no effect. I had to reformat the internal memory card for everything to be fixed. moral of the story is that there r issues with the pstv's installation process possibly due to the machine itself. we know that the app.db, for example, is different between the pstv and the vita, so u can't substitute one for the other or u'll get a database error. there r probably other more major things in the way the system works that operate in the same manner and would explain y it can be a pita installing and uninstalling enso on the pstv.

9. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    It doesn't in first version. Since version 2 is work fine also with pstv, I'm using it with slow hdd.

10. 5,799
    pinky

something odd that I noticed was - when I mounted imc or connected via usb in vita shell - the internal memory card only contained the trash bucket, nothing else. and, when I tried to download molecular shell to the internal memory card nothing appeared. I'm using a 2000 model system. I even checked on the bottom of the system. I bought the system new too as part of the borderlands 2 bundle which I think is the only slim bundle to be released in the usa. it may be a bug with enso I guess since downloading molecular shell happened outside of vita shell. would the imc even mount if it were a 1k or 1100 system?

kozarovv likes this.
  11. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    What you mean by "download molecular shell to the internal memory card " ? To do that you need remove other devices.

pinky likes this.
  12. 5,799
    pinky

yes, there was no memory card or sd2vita inserted at the time. plus, I just checked, the imc mount is greyed out on my vita. I don't recall it always being like that, so maybe it's the same bug as seen with usbmc on the pstv. that also doesn't allow imc mounting. however, I think it may have something to do with a memory card not being inserted. perhaps, that's what's missing? neither device has a memory card inserted and neither allows for mounting of imc.

kozarovv likes this.
  13. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    When you not insert memory card, or sd2vita, and usb. Then IMC0 = UX0

14. 5,799
    pinky

yes, I know, but shouldn't the imc still be selectable if using a usb or sd card as ux0? I thought the purpose was to take the place of the real ux0, so shouldn't it act as though it's a normal memory card with imc still being selectable?

kozarovv likes this.
  15. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    imc0 patches are done in vitashell modules iirc. Usbmc is using custom version of vitashell patches for example. So is possible that g2sd or usbmc don't have imc0 support. And vitashell is showing that option grayed out just because it can use own module when other redirecting module is used. To be 100% sure. Remove all storage related plugins, and try to use only vitashell to redirect ux0. Then try to use imc0.

pinky likes this.
  16. 5,799
    pinky

iirc, vita shell could mount imc0 if a memory card was inserted as well as sd2vita. someone with a memory card would have to test this. anyway, it's when there's no memory card that the issue occurs. if u recall, usb transfer mode still tries to use the memory card or the internal memory card. it can't make a connection to the micro sd card, so u maybe right about support having not been added. I don't know if it's an issue with vita shell or the plugins though.

edit: what if the memory card is being run in the background as ux0? and, the internal memory card is doing the same thing? that would explain y it can't connect to the micro sd card and y it can't be mounted. it may actually be uma since I think that's what the the memory card will become if sd2vita is mounted.

kozarovv likes this.
  17. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    To be honest I don't know, i can't test now. But when I'm thinking about that i can't recall option to mount imc0 at all in my setup.

pinky likes this.
  18. 5,799
    pinky

r u memory card less? that might explain the hiccups we're encountering not just with the imc mounting but other things as well. a lot of posts I've read involve people with memory cards. I removed both memory cards from the pstv and the psv. I sold the one for the pstv, and I plan to sell the one for the psv. I have the same games installed on both systems. :-p

btw, do u know where the background is saved for themes? I know the xml stores themes' information. however, I had my theme in the psemu folder based on the pre-3.60 firmware. anyway, my sd2vita got stuck since I was trying to use the dust jacket to push the sd2vita down instead of sticking it down there. it rebuilt the database after pushing the sd2vita down all the way. and, the theme background worked and was a part of the original theme, so it must be stored somewhere. I subsequently used custom themes manager to reinstall the theme to ux0:customtheme .does that make sense? I was/am using the dragon quest theme from the dq system since it's on hackinformer. the original background became a part of the default theme unless the them was changed.

edit: and, I mean the background selected. I know the backgrounds r part of the images of the theme, so they're in the theme's folder. however, the selected background must be recorded and stored elsewhere to cause something like this.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 6:29 AM
  19. 5,799
    pinky

after playing around with it a bit, I don't think this is supposed to happen. I think it's a bug with ofw since u shouldn't be able to use themes u haven't bought to begin with. I'm using a dragon quest theme. I got this from hack informer way back before henkaku existed.

btw, only the first page is affected. subsequent pages and the standby screen r not affected. a random wave/background is selected for that.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017 at 6:56 AM
  20. 5,051
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Never messed with themes manually, so i don't know.

pinky likes this.