PS4 Kernel Exploit for FW 5.05 incoming + Tools for Homebrew Development

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by Roxanne, May 15, 2018.

By Roxanne on May 15, 2018 at 7:52 AM
  1. 67
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:
    The PS4 can't take a rest when speaking about Kernel Exploits and other Researches from the great Developers out there. So there is no suprise that there is still a research for newer System Firmwares - so as Developer @SpecterDev does with System Firmware 5.05. Those Exploits are still in development since it was previewed by himself for the next few weeks but what this makes so interesting is, that he doesn't preview a Kernel Exploit only, but also other useful Tools including some for Homebrew Development. This is a good step in the right direction since the PS4 is still lacking behind other previous Consoles released by Sony and other actual Consoles as well, when speaking about Homebrew.​

5.05 Exploit.jpg

As already mentioned, it looks like that the whole process is still in it's early stages but the second Message regarding Homebrew Development for the PS4 looks promising, althought not much is known at the moment. Since there is still a SDK missing for developing some proper Homebrew, maybe we could see a kind off "Basic SDK" as a start, similar to PSL1GHT for the PS3 back when the PS3 showed it's full potential with some cool and useful Homebrew Applications released.

More important is that there is still some progress ongoing and the full potential is still unknown. And when other Developers are working on a new Version for multiMAN for example, then the PS4 will be guaranteed to see a bright future similar to it's predecessor - as a good Homebrew Console.

What do you think about which useful Homebrew the PS4 should get released? Any suggestions? You are welcome to discuss this here.

Source: Twitter @SpecterDev

STLcardsWS, Naut, ZeroOne and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by Roxanne, May 15, 2018.

1. Spawn
      Spawn
      Seems that I'll be buying my stepson's PS4 then. With this progress, it's just a matter of time before we have exploits on 5.5x as well.

So I'll be working on fixing the safe mode loop and also refurb and clean it up in the meantime. ;)
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    2. Phil
      Phil
      sweet.... ive got a ps4 on 4.70 so looking forward to this, was so close to updating the other week as well
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    3. Blackbeast
      Blackbeast
      Hopefully 5.50 will be next that's what I'm on not updating any more just going to wait
      STLcardsWS likes this.