Dismiss Notice

PSX-Place.com Announcement:

New Smiley's Added to post editor !!!

PS3 Laggy ps2 games..

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN ( PS3 3k / 4k Models)' started by Bkmd100, Jun 14, 2018.

1. 57
    Bkmd100

Bkmd100 Forum Noob

After 4 hours of ripping and encrypting and signing and installing, I successfully installed on my ultra slim : black(ps2), battle stadium d.o.n and jet lee rise to honor.
    Here is the problem, in game 750 of the time I experience sudden slowdown, in black it makes the m249 sounds like firing a deagle, so painfully slow, but the sound is working fine surprisingly.
    I tried switching from hdmi to av, changing all resolutions, changing tv and reinstalling.
    Do you think that the problem is caused by my particular ps3, particular games, or all ps2 games have this?

2. 70
    EddieEddie90

EddieEddie90 Forum Noob

Personally, I have never found any issue with any PS2 game whatsoever, and I have like 20 games installed on my console's hard drive. I'm thinking it might be the rsx chip but who knows...

3. 57
    Bkmd100

Bkmd100 Forum Noob

Lucky for you.
    Do you mean something wrong with my rsx chip? I doubt it coz all other native ps3 games work 5\5.

4. 2,036
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Look at here: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List
    Someone noted "battle stadium d.o.n" as "playable"... this is a namig convention that means "The Game works perfect without any noticable errors" but now you are mentioning problems with it makes me doubt if whoever noted that in wiki played it entirelly
    The other game is not mentioned in the list

I dont understand what you mean with... "game 750 of the time" and "the m249 sounds like firing a deagle" though
    And not sure which game you mean

Some PS2 games when running on PS3 has problems... and sometimes are solved by using a CONFIG file

5. 57
    Bkmd100

Bkmd100 Forum Noob

Sorry I meant 75%. And the fire rate of the deagle is very slow, 60 rounds per minutes, while m249 is about 1000.
    I am starting to thing this is caused by han, as gta sa(legit from psn) suffers heavy lags when han is enabled!!!!

I will do some testings and will update you as soon as possible.
    (Sry for my english)

6. 7,100
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Like I said before, the HAN Enabler patch is only an encryption key swap, it makes little sense for a different encryption key to have an impact on performance.
    Moreover the key is only used during the phase of decryption of the program files which takes place before executables are loaded, not when they run.
    The issue needs to be investigated further to determine a culprit..

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Bkmd100 likes this.
  7. 72
    Shrinivas

Shrinivas Member

I can confirm that some games - even those that are fully playable on the ps2 compability list - have many frame drops, I think it's just the performance of the emulator/ps3 normal issue and the official games are optimized by sony.

Bkmd100 likes this.
  8. 7,100
    bguerville

Are those lags you guys noticed only on games using the ps2_netemu?
    Of course, it goes without saying that tests using 14000 pirated rap files in the home folder are not valid tests!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Bkmd100 likes this.
  9. 72
    Shrinivas

Shrinivas Member

I have no idea, it was my old Silent Hill Origins and Shuttered Memories (both PAL) on HAN that had frame drops like constantly I even checked it on my real ps2 and it was smooth.

10. 7,100
    bguerville

But have you compared running the emulated game with HAN & without HAN?
    Emulated ps2 games on ps3 are often laggy by nature so to implicate HAN files & patches as a possible culprit we must only compare frame drops with the same game running with ps2_netemu on CFW. A comparison with real ps2 or the emu on a BC console is not helpful.

Bkmd100 likes this.
  11. 72
    Shrinivas

Shrinivas Member

I have only superslim so I can't check it out unfortunately

12. 2,036
    sandungas

But silent hills origins needs a CONFIG file, this is what it tells the PS2 compatibility page on wiki
    And that CONFIG file is not official (it was made by mysis)
    Usually the official CONFIGS (released by sony together with the game) repacked for the PSN store as "PS2 classics" solves the 100% of the game problems
    But this is a custom CONFIG so Silent Hill Origins cant be used to determine if HAN has some performance penatly in PS2 emulation

And i dont know if Silent Hill - Shattered Memories was released as "PS2 classics", i guess not because is not mentioned in the wiki PS2 compatibility list... so we are in the same scenario

To know if HAN has some performance penalty with PS2 emulation is needed to use an official "PS2 classic"

13. 2,036
    sandungas

What i mean with this... is if the game is an official "PS2 classics" this assures us it has passed the "quality control" of sony team they made before publishing it

In theory... that quality control is very strict, because they cant sell a "product" that is faulty
    So is virtually imposible to exist a "PS2 classic", PS1 classic" or "PSP remaster" with problems published in the official PSN store
    People is paying for it, so the game should work perfect... for the consumer is not aceptable at all if the game has some problem

There are some exceptions, lol, because you know... that quality control team sometimes misses some problem (small ones) and the game reaches the store without them noticing
    But when this happens people reports the problem in the official blogs, etc... and they uses to review it (to prepare a CONFIG for it or improving the ps2_netemu emulator)

Think in all this like if are very strict rules... the point is... if a game was published in the store it means it "should" work 100%

And the ones not published in the store... well... falls under several categories... there is not a single reason why a specific game was not published in the store
    Sometimes is just because sony did not have the license from the original company that made it (the other company owns it, but there is no legal agreement with sony).. and other times is because the "quality control" team found multiple problems... or just small ones (but enought to takedown the publishing of the game)

14. 57
    Bkmd100

Bkmd100 Forum Noob

Do you have a link plz where I can find config files?

15. 2,036
    sandungas

https://github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ/tree/master/pkgfiles/USRDIR/sys/CONFIG

And i think the tool you are using to create the PS2 PKGs contains that CONFIG files too, are the same

The ones under "NET" category are official and are going to fix the game 100%
    "GX" and "SOFT" are official too, but the success ratio is doubtfull because was intended for other PS2 emulator types (not the NET emulator you are using in HAN)
    And the "CUSTOM"... well are made by the community... some could fix the game 100%, others could fix the game only partially, etc... is a collection of experiments (partially or completly sucessfull) made by people trying to fix some problematic PS2 games