littlebalup's -- TEENSY2PS3 - PCB "linker" Teensy++2.0 <-> PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 22, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Apr 22, 2015 at 2:06 PM
  1. 5,715
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Ealier this month and prior to the recent update to "Way-Launcher" developer littlebalup has also presented a new project to the community called Teensy2PS3, which aims to be an Easy, Simple and Cheap solution for Flashing your PS3 NOR & NAND chips. The developer shares some pics and also provides the gerber files needed to manufacture the board . All the details can be seen below and also at the source links provided.

1IsY4nn.png

gerber files to manufacture this board:
    TEENSY2PS3_v1.00

Source:
    psx-place / Official Thread: Logic-Sunrise
    Checkout the Downgrade Section in the PSX-Place.com Forums ---> Link

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 22, 2015.

1. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Any chance of these being sold premade? I have been longing for a new NAND BC model PS3 and this would make things so neat and tidy
    2. Redemp
      Redemp
      I second that. Love to have one pre built!
    3. SumOneWhoLuvzU
      SumOneWhoLuvzU
      That looks awesome. I will take one also please.
    4. littlebalup
    5. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      ok who all wants one, i think im gonna have a few made just for shits and giggles. ;)
      [MENTION=48]littlebalup[/MENTION]
      which program did you use to design these?
      Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    6. littlebalup
      littlebalup
      I used kicad but those files are generic "gerber' files. Can be used "as is" to manufacture.

I should share the v1.01 files in a couple of weeks if you prefer. I'm waiting my first units before to release (i'll check and test before).
    7. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      yeah please upload, also how many square inches is the pcb? that way i can get an idea how much cost. i might have 10 or 12 made to sell at cost + shipping to anyone who will want one.
    8. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      [MENTION=7]atreyu187[/MENTION] [MENTION=13]Redemp[/MENTION] [MENTION=69]SumOneWhoLuvzU[/MENTION] there are a few of sites where you uploading project in gerber files format and you can brought finished PCB. Like OSH Park, Jackaltac, Seeed (not sure about this one). Best opinion have OSH Park but you decide.

But imo i worth to wait vor 1.01 is looking nice and have additional leds.
    9. littlebalup
      littlebalup
      Board is 2.17x3.15 inch (55.09x80.11 mm) 2 layers.
      Cost approx $34 at oshpark for x3 parts.
      V1.00 and v1.01 have same dimentions. So, same cost.
      Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    10. atreyu187
      atreyu187
    11. littlebalup
      littlebalup
      For information, I ordered my firsts v1.00 PCB's to jackaltak. Very good quality but it is 5 parts maximum per order and I paid arround 20€ per shipped part (VAT included).
      Oshpark is cheaper, I ordered v1.01 to them. I'll let you know the quality once received.
    12. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      yes please upload those gerber files for v1.01 ;)
      i have been in contact with oshpark, and they are ready for the updated schematics
    13. littlebalup
      littlebalup
      I'll do. As said, you'll have them in two weeks, first week of may. Not before.
      Because I'm currently in vacation and not physicaly able to upload them right now. And because I would like to test/check it before release (I should receive first v1.01 next week).

So, please, be patient ;)
    14. Redemp
      Redemp

Any news so far?
    15. kozarovv
    16. littlebalup
    17. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      @littlebalup has there been any updates to this or are the Gerber files listed still the ones we should be using I asked as I'm about to have another batch made and just want to make sure you haven't added any improvements or anything like that I'm very happy with the one I have right now I had to have a couple made as they would not fabricate just one but handed them off to some friends of mine who are also ecstatic about these
      kozarovv and littlebalup like this.
    18. littlebalup
      littlebalup
      No, the v1.01 is the latest release. No updates.
      It reminds me that I should release the KiCad project files. I'm too lazy to clean them up in reality...
      kozarovv likes this.
    19. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      What's that? And did I miss the link as I don't see an update.