ManaGunZ - PS3 Backup Manager by Zar v1.28

A feature rich backup Manager (& More) by Zar (Iris Manager Fork)

1. 391
    Zar

Zar Developer

bullet_by_aerik_khalid-d3ioh6q.png

• ManaGunZ
      by @Zar - Source Code: https://github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ

ManaGunZ is a AIO (All-in-one) type Homebrew, this backup manager on steroids is an iris Manager Fork with a bit of a different appericnace and many unique functions and features that normally would take other tools for the PC to accomplish.

Note: This Video Demonstration is of Version 1.00

• game settings.JPG
      Direct Boot: It allow you to launch the game directly after mounting it. There isn't lot of game which support it (every Lego games works with), with this you don't have to go back to the XMB to launch the game.

Clean Syscall: It disable peek & poke syscall, especially syscall 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 35, 36, this syscall doesn't exist in a OFW. So, this option prevent you to be banned from PSN (especially with Black Ops II) but this isn't guaranted, risk 0 with a CFW doesn't exist. Moreover there is soooo many way to detect a CFW...

Change IDPS: It change your IDPS in the lv2

Ext. Game Data: It allow you to install gamedata in your usb device instead of inside your system. Basically , it redirect the path : "/dev_hdd0/game" to "/dev_usb000/GAMEI"

Payload: Here you can choose which payload it will use to mount your game. I don't really know if a payload is better than another... from my experience, I always saw same results with every payloads For ISO games, if you are in cobra fw, it will use the cobra payload otherwise it will use the mamba.
      For JB game, you can choose the payload extracted from :
      [*]Iris ("sky")
      [*]multiMAN ("MM")
      [*]Cobra (it's available only with a fw cobra)
      [*]Mamba (it's available only with a fw non-cobra)

Set primary USB It set the USB device where the game is stored as the main USB device. This option allow to make some game working without any issue. It's available only with a fw cobra.

Emulation
      Here you can choose which type of emulation it will use to mount you game. This option allow to make some game working without any issue. This option is available for JB games only. You have the choice between 3 possibilities :
      • None : There isn't any "special emulation", the path "/dev_bdvd" is just redirected to the path of the game.
      • BD-Mirror : it patch the mount table in the lv2 to remplace the device dev_bdvd or dev_ps2disk for internal by the device where is stored the backup. This option works fine in extern only if there is only 1 device plugged.
      • BD-EMU : It redirect the path of the libfs.sprx to the path of a libfs patched.

Patched from:
      This option is available for JB games and if you choose "Emulation : BD-EMU". It allow you to choose which patched libfs do you want to use. I found 3 way too patch it, one from MM, and one other from Iris and finally the last one from ReactPSN. I don't know if there is a patch better than an others.

Mount /app_home:
      Basically, this is a redirection of the patch /app_home to the path "/dev_bdvd". This option allow to make some game working without any issue.

Use patched plugin : This option is available if you choose "Yes" to mount "/app_home". The path "/app_home" is remplaced by "/dev_bdvd" inside the plugin explore_plugin.sprx . Also, the icon of the "/app_home" in the XMB is changed to a disk. Basically, it redirect the path of the original plugin to patched plugin

zzzzz.PNG

• Game Options.PNG
      Rename: Rename the title of your backup.

Add/Remove to/from favorites Manage a list your favorite game. (for now, you can see your list of favorites only with the UI "XMB")

Delete game : Delete your backup

Copy game : Copy your backup to another device.

Make PKG : Create a package stored to the path "/dev_hdd0/packages". This package once installed will be a "shortcut" of your backup in the XMB. You'll just have to launch it, few moment later, it'll return to XMB with your backup mounted. You can hold triangle once it launched to reconfigure the game settings of this "shortcut".

Make PKG stealth same as the previous option but you can choose the TITLE_ID of the "shortcut"

Patch EBOOT it change the fw version to 4.21 of your EBOOT (offset 0x400 or 0x40C) to prevent to have the error 0x80010009.

Re-sign it re-sign every executable of your backup with the 4.21 keys

Extract/Convert to ISO Convert your JB game to ISO or Convert your ISO to a JB game

Fix permission Change permission value to 0777 of every folder and file of your backup

Download update This will download all updated available of your backup. The update downloaded will be stored to the path "/dev_hdd0/packages".

Properties Show the properties of your backup: Path, Format, Size, number of file, number of directory, system version.

• global.JPG
      Adjust Screen: Calibrate your display to get the best display on your TV.

Dir. to scan Configure the name of directories where ManaGunZ will find your backups. You can add or remove a directory.

XMB priority If this option is activated the icon of ManaGunZ in XMB will be displayed at the top of the XMB column. To ativated this option you to choose "yes" global setting and then to reboot the homebrew from the XMB.

UI (User Interface): Choose which interface you prefere. Actually, there is 4 differents UI : "List", "Grid", "XMB" and "Flow"

XMB_mg.PNG Grid.PNG

For each UI, you can choose a theme.
      You can create your own theme and you just have to put it to the following path : "dev_usbXXX/Themes/name_of_the_UI/name_of_your_theme"
      For example, if you want to use your theme named "Example" for the UI "List", then put your images inside the directory named "Example" and then move your folder to the path "dev_usbXXX/Themes/List/Example".
      You can also use multiMAN themes (*.thm) or original themes (*.p3t). Just put your themes in the folders "Themes". For example, "dev_usbXXX/Themes/MyTheme.thm" or "dev_usbXXX/Themes/MyTheme.p3t"

Then you just have to load your theme in ManaGunZ settings. Once you loaded it, it will be converted if needed and stored in ManaGunZ directory. So, you won't need to plug your device to use this theme anymore.
      The name of the images of the theme can't be changed. For each theme you have a list of image :
      • "List" : BG.PNG ; BG_ICON0.PNG ;
      • "Grid" : BG.PNG ; BGS.JPG ;
      • "XMB" : BG.PNG ; BGS.JPG ; SETTINGS.PNG ; FAVORITES.PNG ; PS1.PNG ; PS2.PNG ; PS3.PNG ; PSP.PNG ;
      • "Flow" : BG.PNG ; BGS.JPG ; BG_TITLE.PNG ;

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2016
  2. 5,803
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

[MENTION=34]Zar[/MENTION] changed the Post Owner to your name :)

I can update the post or you can or we both can no worries (always here for that, never hesitate to ask :) ). just thought it should be in your name instead of mine, which now allows me to give you a thanks on the post , great work :) ..

I added some new mirrors here
    http://www.psx-place.com/forum/ps3-homebrew/download-158-managunz.html
    (there is alot more hits on those links, but when you edit or add it reset just as an FYI)

3. 4,681
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    [MENTION=2]STLcardsWS[/MENTION] how you make this nice tables? Is bb code or html? Can you post txt file with example, some article but in txt? Sometime i publicate some "article" like Alchemilla and i want to keep style of your news because is look really nice. But i dont know how.

4. 5,803
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

I will PM soon (almost 3am here , will caught up on sleep :) ) but its bb code

-----------------

New images / video were applied

5. 1
    flare

flare New Member

Another nice looking backup manager, and that is a fantastic background choice. I'll have to try it out later tonight.

6. 4,170
    atreyu187

atreyu187 PSTV Fanboy Extraordinaire Moderator Developer

Ensō BETA Tester
    Home Page:
    The direct boot setting doesn't stay for me using ISO from internal HDD. Using JB folder it stays just fine. Don't use external drives but I will test that later tonight.

Edit

Using Rebug 4.65.2 REX Cobra, Rebug mode DEX for both settings. Cobra enabled as well.

7. 391
    Zar

Zar Developer

I fixed few issue and also added an option to install new themes from usb (i'll explain how later).
    Also I added a function to support theme of multiMAN (*.thm), but before i release this little update, I would love to support original PS3 theme too (*.p3t).

So, to avoid starting this function from nothing, I roamed a little on the net to see if someone already did it.
    I found 3 soft to extract p3t file :

the first one is in PHP : https://github.com/hoshsadiq/ps3theme-p3t-extract
    the second one is in C++ : http://rebytes.ueuo.com/download/p3tsrc.zip from ReBytes The legend and the bytecode behind him and a mod of this one here : typhon-launcher - Revision 233: /trunk/src/p3textract
    and the last one is in python : http://typhon-launcher.googlecode.com/svn-history/r56/trunk/data/scripts/p3textractor.py and we can also found a exe of this script converted by py2exe everywhere

But they are not written in C. So, before I start to do it for managunz, do you know if someone already did it ? perhaps i missed something...

BTW, [MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION] it look like this tools is missing in your "PS3 Tools Collection", it would be great to extract & build themes with it ;p

8. 1,762
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

Thank you for the heads up... however, my PS3 Tools Collection is not intended to be a general compilation of tools...
    It mainly contains tools that I have developed and some related tools developed by other devs that interact with my tools/frontends/etc....
    but I understand that it looks like a general compilation because I have made tools for almost everything related to PS3 :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  9. 548
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

.p3t is one of the variations of CXML Containers - PS3 Developer wiki (btw the page is a mess and need a big cleanup, but this is what we have by now, no needed to read everything in it)
    At the bottom of the page you have the source code of a decompiler made by flatz that is able to extract the icons (and the .xml embedded in the structure)
    But for what you want to do you just need to extract the files, so i guess you can reduce his code a lot

Edit:
    If you decide to go for the full support, then you need to process all the info embedded in the .p3t structure (represented by the .xml generated by flatz tool) that contains integer values, strings, floats, etc.. as example the creator of the theme, name of the theme for all languages, commentary, settings for color filter, even font type, etc, etc, etc...
    Imo... not prioritary because needs some work and care, so better ignore all this theme info by now, i think for an initial theme support in your manager is enought with extracting the images and take the theme name and creator from the filename (as example... "my_crappy_theme_by_sandungas.p3t")

Good manager btw, i like your working style :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  10. 391
    Zar

Zar Developer

I don't think that i'll do a full support (perhaps later), i just wanted to extract the picture that managunz use, I mean columns header icons and the backgrounds picture.
    You made me thinking about font color, I need to add a file or an option to configure the font colors too...

11. 548
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

Not sure if i understand the idea
    You want to use a .p3t theme (official format) containing managunz images (with custom sizes and names) and extract/decompress the contents in real time ?
    To create the themes everybody uses the official tool ---> Download PlayStation 3 Custom Theme Guidelines
    But im not so sure if it allows custom names and sizes

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  12. 391
    Zar

Zar Developer

No, I just want to extract few images from the p3t to use them with ManaGunZ, nothing more :p
    The function is really simple, it's something like that :

u8 GetP3T( char *source, char *filename, char *dst);

And the I'll use it,like that :

GetP3T("/dev_usb000/Themes/My_theme.p3t", "icon_game", "/dev_hdd0/game/MANAGUNZ0/USRDIR/GUI/XMB/My_theme/PS3.PNG");
    GetP3T("/dev_usb000/Themes/My_theme.p3t", "a_HD", "/dev_hdd0/game/MANAGUNZ0/USRDIR/GUI/XMB/My_theme/BG.PNG");
    ...etc.

I managed to get the image but it's still in the format *.gim , so i just need to figure out how to convert GIM to PNG .

13. 272
    TheDemon

TheDemon Member

Can't you call the png image instead of the gim one? example the are two files for each icon on the p3t themes: icon_game_1.gim and icon_game_1.gim.png

can't you call the second one? just one idea

14. 548
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

The responsible of the gim<--->png conversion is "gimconv.exe" that comes as a part of the theme tool distributed by sony i posted in my previous message (the theme tool is dependant of gimconv, doesnt works without it)

15. 8
    Hollywood5082

Hollywood5082 New Member

If you are interested i may have some things for you but its up2 you it will enable you to do disc downgrade directly thro your manager but is up2 you mate. Love the new manager btw mate as for ext hdd support issue lies within libfs

16. 391
    Zar

Zar Developer

[MENTION=1597]Hollywood5082[/MENTION] I don't understand what you wrote. But if you want to share something just do it, I'm open to everything ;)

17. 18
    donramon

donramon New Member

Hi Zar thanks 4 this manager.

I see that there is a bug with options for every backup. Options don't change and don't save. That can be fixed creating folder game_setting on USRDIR/setting path from Managunz (U can repack pkg again with this folder to fix 4 all people)

I see that Ext. Game Data, don't work with iso backups, only with JB backups (I can use on iso backups using irisman and managunz but I think that is a dirty solution). I'll try to compile Managunz with with this option supporting for iso backups, but I can't compile (many errors on main, I think that libraries that i use on include folder are inapropiated), any idea?.

Thanks

18. 391
    Zar

Zar Developer

You probably can't compile it because i included the lib cobra and the lib ntfs directly inside psl1ght folder.

I already fixed this issues, plz wait the next update, i added some stuff about Themes and I also fixed lot of issue but i still got a small one (about ntfs plug&play) before releasing it.

19. 18
    donramon

donramon New Member

Hi Zar,

I toc include folders from irisman github, but I continue with errors on compile. Wainting for release. Thanks 4 this amazing work

20. 8
    Hollywood5082

Hollywood5082 New Member

Try adding the file within mangunz then use ida to manually program it in shod do the trick. You can also add the same support for ps2emu aswel

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015