ManaGunZ - PS3 Backup Manager by Zar v1.29

A feature rich backup Manager (& More) by Zar (Iris Manager Fork)

1. 15
    Lordjontan

Lordjontan New Member

I'm using the pcsx2 patch. I note that the Iso's MD5 matches with redump's one when I check it in the PC, but when I check it with Managunz the MD5 is different

2. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    And here is your (or managunz?) problem probably. Anyway lets @Zar take a look at this as he know his stuff better. :)

3. 429
    Zar

Zar Developer

if you check the MD5 after applying any patch on the iso then the MD5 will be different because ManaGunZ apply the patches to the elf inside the ISO and pcsx2 is applying the patches to the elf loaded in the memory.

Anyway, I don't think the issue come from the iso.

It's probably come from ManaGunZ or the ps2emu of the ps3.

Lordjontan and kozarovv like this.
  4. 741
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

Instead of trying the game yourself and trying to replicate what the user did... im thinking you could do as other devs did in the past (i remember estwald did this before)

You can ask the user who is reporting the problem to "crop" the first 10mb of the iso or so (with a hexeditor or other tool) and send to you in a private message to examine it
    This way you can see if there was some error when the patch was applyed

Is not the best method for debugging... but it can make things a bit easyer... and with luck this is going to be enought for you to see where is the problem
    Is just an idea (and is not even me who imagined this)

5. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    @Zar I have question about config editor. Are you sure that every config from Command ID 0x01 need "param 1" ? For example functions like 0x1A to 0x2A looks like use fixed offsets. So I don't think there is any variable for them. I can be wrong here but 2x uint32_t Params ( offset, hack id 0-0x3B) is not correct for all 0x01 commands.

6. 429
    Zar

Zar Developer

Yeah, probably but I didn't find any example with the command 0x1 with 0x1A < hack_id < 0x2A
    The only example we have is hackID = 0x2 / 0x3 / 0x10 / 0xF (GTA and MaxPayne)

Also, I think when the ps2emu see the command 0x1, it expect to have always 2 uint32_t (the HackID is wrote after the offset) and if 0x1A < hack_id < 0x2A it will just ignore the value of the offset.

7. 39
    Derf Jagged

Derf Jagged Member

Hey @Zar, I got talking with Joonie about how some PSP games have to be launched as a PKG (and not using Cobra) or else their save read/write is broken. Apparently Cobra is set to use a different save location because that was the only way they could get it to work back in the day, but they don't want to change it back or else it would break everyone's previous PSP saves. We came to the conclusion that it might be possible to use the map_path function to remap the save data path, or somehow have MGZ make a symlink for each of the saves from the Cobra directory in the native save directory, so that all saves appear together and you don't have to choose between the locations.

As a side note, I was wondering, is it possible to add PSP "ISO.CONFIG" file support to MGZ, just like you did with PS2?

I hope you don't take these as "do this, do that", but just as suggestions/wonderings. I had originally thought of the saves thing because someone came to me saying that their game wouldn't save when launched via Cobra and placeholder, but would work when made into a PKG. Joonie said Patapon is a game that does this, if you are interested in try and needed one for testing.

STLcardsWS likes this.
  8. 741
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

But managunz uses the correct path for PSP saves ?
    Personally i dont care about backward compatibility with previous PSP saves or placeholders
    The way i see is the scene has to move on and sometimes are used methods that are fine for a time, but if eventually is find "the correct way" to do the things and the only option is to break backward compatibility with obsolete hacks... then is time to move on and break it

---------------
    Someone from another forum mentioned me there is no "remote play" flag enabled in the PARAM.SFO of the last public managunz version, he enabled it by other means and works fine (normally, managunz main menu can be seen on psp, there is no problem of resources size, ram, or things like that)
    Rebug enables the remote play modes automatically, right ? (cobra)... but i think you could enable it in the PARAM.SFO by default for the firmwares that doesnt makes that

9. 1,851
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

I don't think @Derf Jagged delivered the word correctly, maybe some lost in translation.

Managunz has nothing to do with this psp save patch that is done by COBRA, it does what COBRA tells it to do so even with Managunz, the issue still occurs, @Derf Jagged was simply asking for help to fix this without updating/changing the COBRA payload.

the workaround for save data issue for certain games that were handled by COBRA way of doing PSP ISO with its placeholder aka PSP launcher was introduced 2 years ago by @haxxxen, he identified the which patch that caused the issue and added a new toggle feature to enable the patch on demand. The patch that was supposed to improve the compatibility had a bug for certain games like LOCO ROCO

@haxxxen and I figured that most games would just work without it, so his idea was to disable it by default but can be toggled on demand. I don't know if this can just be simply fixed by keeping the original COBRA patch at the same time the homebrew takes care of that save data issue by simple save data redirection by remapping the path of the save that the game was looking for.

Anyways, https://github.com/Joonie86/COBRA-7.3/commit/86e725e4afbddd572b91687223bdb77aeab07a93 <- I just updated the source and binary for anyone who's interested in this fix.

sandungas, Derf Jagged and Zar like this.
  10. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Why just don't use psp configs for fixing games? You can apply them to ISO with cobra PSP launcher.

11. 1,851
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

it also has nothing to do with the config, but the standalone psp minis/remastered pkgs aren't affected by this since the patch gets applied upon launching the PSP launcher only

12. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    What exactly that patch is doing with savedata?

Asking because those are options available to reach without patching cobra:

• SAVEDATA_USE_UPPERCASENAME =
    • FAKE_PATH = %s (max. lenght 0x400 bytes)
    • SAVEDATA_LOAD_CACHE_TARGET_NAME =
    • SAVEDATA_USE_PS3_SAVE = %lld SAVEDATA_USE_PS3_SAVE

0 = Uses PSP/PSPMinis SaveData module
    1 = SaveGame via PS3 SaveData module

Zar likes this.
  13. 1,851
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

it's probably forcefully setting it to use 1 [PS3 SaveData module] by patching pemucorelib.prx

kozarovv likes this.
  14. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    So can be just added to config. Anyway @Zar here is idea for next feature of managunz :) Applying config for psp when mounting ISO. :)

15. 1,851
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

No, you missed the point, "forcefully"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    I don't get it. Config with "1 = SaveGame via PS3 SaveData module" do the same. If you set it like that it force that mode.

17. 1,851
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

Because the patch ignores that part

18. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    That was my point when I asked why just don't use configs instead of patching cobra. Specially if it work that way.. Anyway current solution (CROSS + R1) seems good, but not perfect, there are more options that can be enabled permanently without losing compatibility like "bigger memory" (SDRAM_SIZE). This fix many games, and don't affect others. :)

19. 1,851
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

Can also alternatively be done by opcode and an extra config file to do the same toggle without using button combo. But when @aldostools and @habib tried something similar back then (ps1emu specific) it didn't work nicely if I remember it correctly

STLcardsWS and kozarovv like this.
  20. 429
    Zar

Zar Developer

• About PSP SAVE : I think, the best solution is to use config files BUT there isn't any friendly interface to manage these options (YET). Also, for those who haven't the cobra7.53, the patch will be done 'forcefully" and I don't think it can be prevented. I'll remove this patch in mamba, when i'll write the PS1 CONFIG menu.

Right now i'm working on retroarch cores... so, the mgz update won't be rdy soon. (Also, the multilangage feature is a pita ^^').

Ezio, sbp, STLcardsWS and 2 others like this.