ManaGunZ - PS3 Backup Manager by Zar v1.34

A feature rich backup Manager (& More) by Zar (Iris Manager Fork)

1. 683
    Zar

Zar Developer

Iris use a ps3_diskless_payload, i'm not using at all, it's probably what you r talking about :p

Ali888 likes this.
  2. 3,420
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Omg, that should be, the magic word "discless", i loved it
    [​IMG]

3. 3,420
    sandungas

Hmmm, ok, i been taking a look at the settings i was using in iris 2.93 and below for PS3 games in JB format in dev_hdd0... and taking a read at the documentation written by estwald in the official thread here:
    https://www.elotrolado.net/wiki/Iris_Manager

Im writing this for the record, because is tricky to understand, and as a reminder for myself because i use to forget the details... you know every user decides which settings fits for his setup and you start using that ones always and forget at the details, also 99,9% users of the PS3 backup managers doesnt knows exactly what the backup manager settings are doing (me included) :P

I will update this post later (so take another read at it tomorrow or whatever) by copypasting parts of the documentation written by estwald in spanish (together with a english translation)

In iris 2.93...
    start (global options) ---> tools --->
    --With BDVD controller (this is used to make backups from real discs inserted in the drive)
    --Without BDVD controller (this was used by people with damaged/unmarried BD daughterboard... but this mounting method became obsolete, right ?)
    --disc-less payload (this is described by estwald as "the jewell of the crown")

Additionally, for the games in PS3 JB format in internal dev_hdd0 i always used this:
    select (game options) ---> config game --->
    --requires disc = NO
    --direct boot = NO
    --extern EBOOT.BIN = Off
    --BD Emu = LIBFS
    --Ext /dev_hdd0/game = Off

In short, i was using "discless payload" + "libfs"... and additionally, i always had the optional .sprx modules libfs and explore_plugin patched

I knew libfs was used when booting the game this way (obviouslly, is mentioned in a setting), but the reason why i always used the libfs patch is because all my games are in internal hdd (never in usb with a few exceptions)
    The patch in libfs improves the compatibility in internall hdd (is a "must use" if your game is PS3 JB in internal)... but it "breaks" the compatibility if the game is PS3 JB in external (so is a "never use it" if your game is PS3 JB in external)

Regarding the explore_plugin patched module... well, i always had it patched "just incase" because there are a couple of sentences written by estwald that are not clear if is used in this boot mode

4. 3,420
    sandungas

Just found a nice video of managunz

Sadly is v1.31 and there are lot of changes in the interface since that version, we need a video of v1.34.... or better v1.35 :P

5. 6
    marronnes

marronnes Forum Noob

Hello Zar and everyone. How is the investigation going? Does managunz 1.34 works on ferrox "STANDARD" 4.83 already?
    What was the problem? Could we have good news about it? Thank you very much for all your support

6. 683
    Zar

Zar Developer

Hi,

I still have to fix several issue including this one.
    Unfortunatly, i don't have lot of time available, so, it's very slow. Once i fixed this issue, I can upload you a beta version if you want.

jolek, marronnes and STLcardsWS like this.
  7. 6
    marronnes

marronnes Forum Noob

Don't worry Zar. Take your time and do a great work. I don't have much time available to play either. I'll wait for your new Managunz release patiently. Just one thing. How much time will it takes aproximadly? eight weeks? maybe four weeks? just give me a number, please. Thanks again and have a nice day.

8. 27
    oleguer

oleguer Member

Hi Zar! my question is "simple" I only want a reply (for why) because I think implement on magnagunz is too hard.... I think the uncompress iso format is too largue (like data) and I think for why reason no any loader implement the function to load other compress iso formats (like chd, ciso, or other....) because in pc or emulators are "standar" function too many extensions and compress formats to save hdd memory, but on ps3 no one implement this... Why? Thank you for your work and sorry for bad english :)

9. 683
    Zar

Zar Developer

It would be awesome to get something like that on PS3...

I think it's possible if we use a plugin like it's done in rawseciso.
    When the system is asking for a sector, the plugin will uncompress it and it will send it to the system.

I assume the CISO format allow you to find the asked sector and to uncompressed it ... maybe not... im assuming. Anyway with this kind of compression, sector by sector, it's possible.

But with just an homebrew, I don't think it's possible. We must use a plugin.

btw, isn't the capability of reading CSO is a native feature of the PSP ?

Finally, why it doesn't exist ? I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and it's not possible....

I think you understood I don't know. Everything I wrote is just my though and i'm sure of nothing :p

Cypher_CG89 and STLcardsWS like this.