PS3 ManaGunZ v1.28 (by Zar) - New Features: PS2 Config Creator / Plugin Manager / & much more

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by kozarovv, Apr 13, 2017.

By kozarovv on Apr 13, 2017 at 9:06 AM
  1. 5,513
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    You know when there is an update for ManaGunZ, your more then likely in store for alot of great changes. While updates can have bigger gaps them some releases developer Zar always deliver's lots of new progress and features with each update, This PS3 Homebrew for CFW user;s continues to evolve into a great PS3 Backup manager (aka AIO Homebrew), ManaGunZ has many unique features and this updates add some great new additions. Such as adding a PS2 CONFIG editor, PS2 Widescreen Options, A Plugin Manager has also surfaced from this update, Then also Zip extration has been added to the file manager within ManaGunZ. Plus tons of additional changes that can be seen in full release notes for this update by developer @Zar

ManaGunZ.png

• ManaGunZ v1.28

• Add : PS2 CONFIG creator.
      • Add : Re-write code to be more 'flexible' (almost nothing change for the user).
      • Add : Filter.
      • Add : "Use game sidemenu".
      • Fix Mamba : offset PSP_savedata.
      • Fix : error libxml when compile the project.
      • Fix : No more 'browsing freeze' when PIC1 was loading.
      • Add : A progress bar will be displayed, when the PIC1 is loading.
      • Add : PS2 WideScreen option. See note (1).
      • Add : local DB of hash to check games integrity. See note (2).
      • Add : Plugin manager. See note(3).
      • Add FileManager : Extract ZIP files.
      • Add : New covers server.
      • Add : Re-signed games can be restored.
      • Add : For PS2 and PS1 the main icon (aka 'ICON0') is loaded at the path of the game. See note (4).

Note :
      (1) It use the included WideScreen pnach collection from PCSX2.
      If you want to use your own pnach from "/dev_usbXXX/PNACH/[CRC].pnach", you must disable WideScreen because when you apply a pnach to the iso it change the CRC.

(2) I downloaded every MD5 for PS2 & PSX games from redump.org. It's inside ManaGunZ folder 'USRDIR/sys/Check.zip'.
      For PSP backups, it come from renascene.com. Every CRC32 are saved in 'USRDIR/sys/PSP_CRC.txt'.

(3) The plugin Manager will deal with every sprx inside "/dev_hdd0/plugins" ONLY. If this folder do not exist, the option is not available.

(4) If the backup path is "/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Okami.iso", so the main icon path must be "/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Okami.jpg".
      The following extention is supported : 'jpg', 'JPG', 'png', 'PNG'.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by kozarovv, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Alexander
    2. littlebalup
      littlebalup
      Awesome. Chapeau l'ami.
      STLcardsWS, DeViL303 and Zar like this.
    3. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      Bravo !!!
      Zar, STLcardsWS and DeViL303 like this.
    4. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      @Zar very impressive,

I recall some of our early conversations of this project, and you were not sure if you wanted to make it public (its early form) as there was so many other choices. but you have really took your manager and provided alot of things not seen in other managers and this project is really great. Every update is a huge progression..
      Me_TheKing, DeViL303 and Zar like this.
    5. Badboy
      Badboy
      @Zar , Good work ! Thx !

La seule chose qui manque a managunz c'est qu'il sait pas faire le café :p
      Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
      Zar likes this.
    6. Zar
      Zar
      @STLcardsWS I usually prefere to stay in the shadows to avoid any trouble.

@Badboy It's in the TODO list. I'll probably add it in the next update ;)

@aldostools
      I recorded ManaGunZ with webMAN, the video output is MPEG-4 / AAC. I didn't succed to edit it with virtualdub. There is way to change the output format ?
      Badboy likes this.
    7. aldostools
      aldostools
      In /setup.ps3 there is an option to change the default settings for video recording.
      In the new layout of /setup.ps3 it is hidden under MEM & IDPS panel.

Also the following combos work recording with the internal plugin (SELECT+R3)
      SELECT+R3+L2 Select video rec setting
      SELECT+R3+R2 Change value of video rec setting

The combo SELECT+R3+L2+R2 unloads webMAN & Record video with the standalone video_rec plugin. If you need to change the settings, you should compile this plugin
      https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/tree/master/_Projects_/video_rec

with one of the settings found in:
      https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/blob/master/include/video_rec.h

or in the SDK in target/ppu/include/sysutil/sysutil_rec.h

PS.
      The video recording feature in wMM is just an exploit of a service already provided by VSH. wMM only starts/stops the service (daemon). The recording process is a "black box" that is controlled by GameOS.
      Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    8. arcadekidflo
      arcadekidflo
      Good idea to integrate IRD comparison ! Is there a guide on how to run PS2 games ? They don't need reactPSN anymore ?
      W00fer likes this.
    9. Zar
      Zar
      You don't need it anymore, put your ps2 backup ISO in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO then launch it like a ps3 backup.
    10. disyoko
      disyoko
      Today I've been testing managunz.

Config files work flawlessly, silent hill zero and ar tonelico run for the first time on my Ps3. Absolutely awesome!

On the other hand whenever I tried the "enable widescreen" option I got glitches and made games unplayable.

Also some Ps2 games are recognized as Ps1 because they are CD's and not DVD's. That's to say no config.

Keep up your good work @Zar
      Zar likes this.
    11. Zar
      Zar
      Can you tell me which game didn't work with "enable widescreen" option ?

I thing the issues with game platform detection will be solved in the next update.
    12. disyoko
      disyoko
      Sure, let's go for it.

Type 1 - applies patch but screen goes off in game *full of glitches

SLUS_214.45 Ar Tonelico - Unplayable when in battle
      SLPS_256.7 Battle statdium DON - Unplayable when in battle
      SLUS_203.88 Fatal Frame - Black screen at press start

Type 2 - error applying patch - offset > elf_size

SLUS_206.33 Clock Tower 3
      SLUS_216.78 DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3
      SLUS_201.84 RE Code Veronica

Type 3 - Patch applied and works *proportion is not perfect 16:9 but slightly better

SLUS_200.71 DOA2 Hardcore - Zooms out the battle gameplay
      SCUS_971.12 Extermination

Honestly, ps2 games were not created with a widescreen in mind so playing them on their original aspect ratio seems fine to me.
    13. Zar
      Zar
      I don't think i can solve the issues n°1 and 3. I think these issue are coming from the emulator or/and the widescreen patches. I didn't created these patches, it just apply them. These patches are made with and for the emulator PCSX2. Perhaps, i'm wrong ... I'll check if the patches are applied correctly.
      EDIT : My bad, I found the issue in my code. Sorry, for the trouble :p

The issue n°2 come from my code, it will be fixed in the next update.

Thank you very much !
      Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
      bguerville likes this.