PS3 ManaGunZ v1.32 (by Zar) - Interface and Stability Improvements for the popular PS3 Homebrew

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by sandungas, Mar 23, 2018.

By sandungas on Mar 23, 2018 at 4:33 PM
  1. 1,527
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

This version of ManaGunZ (PS3 Backup Manager by @Zar) represents a checkpoint in his evolution, some of the changes are: a new RSX memory management to improve stability and efficiency, a new filemanager windows docking system (R1+DPAD), dev_hdd1 access, internal screenshot function (L2+R2), full skins support in themes and colorset management, an animated wave that moves in the background, official/custom fonts selector, some info icon animations such loading/exiting, some button remapping and a lot more minor changes that makes the whole interface more robust and intuitive, this version has been released after an extensive process of bug-hunting, there are literally several tenths of changes At the core functions there are some new features such mounting ISO directly from the file-manager, the PS2 ISO MD5 verification has been fixed, new LIMG sector management for PS2 ISO, now it allows to perform and IRD check and join/split a PS3 ISO The multilingual files have been updated and there are two new themes, one is inspired by the "PlayStation" family and the other is a clone of XMB

ManaGunZ_001.png The screenshot above is ManaGunz 1.32 with XMB interface, a theme and game COVER+CASE enabled

• ManaGunZ.png

Changelog v1.32
      • Fix : Reduced memory usage to avoid 'random' freeze.
      • Fix FileManager : No more deep scan on ISO.
      • Fix Filemanager : Scroll bar.
      • Fix : MD5/SHA1 of +4GB files
      • Fix : Scetool keys file.
      • Fix : Issue with cmdID 0x4A.
      • Fix : FLOW3D full covers.
      • Fix : Shortcut pkg.
      • Add : It ask you to load a PS2 CONFIG if it doesn't exist.
      • Add : Increased loading speed of PS2 game menu.
      • Add FileManager : New buttons map.
      • Add FileManager : Click on backup ISO to mount it then it go back to XMB.
      • Add FileManager : Dock to left/right/full screen. See note (1).
      • Add FileManager : hold X to move the slider.
      • Add FileManager : Use R2 to increase move speed of cursor and windows.
      • Add : Join or split big files. See note (2).
      • Add : Default UI set to XMB.
      • Add : Background waves.
      • Add : Set alpha of colors.
      • Add : (R2+L2) Screenshots saved at '/dev_hdd0/photo/ManaGunZ_XXX.bmp'.
      • Add : Check md5 files from ISO with IRD.
      • Add : Add/Remove LIMG sector in PS2 iso.
      • Add : Choose Font. It search recursivly ttf font in the directories '/dev_flash/data/font' and '/USRDIR/GUI'. See note (3).
      • Add : Choose colorset. See note (3).
      • Fix FileManager : Convert iso.
      • Add FileManager : LEFT/RIGHT D-pad to scroll up/down a page.
      • Add FileManager : L1+LEFT/RIGHT D-pad to go to the parent/child folder.

Notes :
      (1)
      There are 2 ways to do it :
      The first one is to open the option menu while the cursor is on the header of the window.
      The second is to use the following combo:
      • Dock to LEFT : Hold R1 + LEFT D-PAD.
      • Dock to RIGHT : Hold R1 + RIGHT D-PAD.
      • Dock to FULL : Hold R1 + UP D-PAD.
      • Restore : Hold R1 + DOWN D-PAD.
      (2) Use the copy function in game menu. If the destination is FAT32, the big file will be splitted, if it's not it will be joined.
      In file manager to join files, select ONLY the first file with the extension '66600' then paste it.
      (3) To reduce memory use, it won't load 4 themes anymore. Only the theme of the current UI is loaded.
      For each theme in each UI, it search for the following files.
      • BG.PNG : Main background
      • BGS.PNG : Settting background
      • SIDEBAR.PNG : Sidebar background
      • FONT.TTF : Font.
      • colorset.ini : Set of color used in the homebrew .
      When u load the theme it will use the theme font and the first colorset defined in the file. But you'll be able to change them in theme setting menu.
      XMB UI use more files for the columns : SETTINGS.PNG, FAVORITES.PNG, PS3.PNG, PS2.PNG, PS1.PNG, PSP.PNG.
      Also, before loading files from 'common' directory, it will check if these files don't exist in the theme directory.

• The sidebar displaying the game settings, and the notification info window
      ManaGunZ_002.png
      Global settings
      ManaGunZ_003.png
      The FileManager showing the new windows docking system
      ManaGunZ_007.png
      The LIST interface mode with a new theme
      ManaGunZ_004.png
      Global settings
      ManaGunZ_005.png
      FLOW2D with COVER+CASE showing the animated wave at background colored in black
      ManaGunZ_006.png

Download (latest version) @: github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ/releases

Source: psx-place.com

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Derf Jagged, Ezio, kozarovv and 7 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by sandungas, Mar 23, 2018.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      xViTr likes this.
    2. sandungas
      sandungas
      Ooooook you got me, not need to be so subliminal dude, I will pay you the article style copyright royalties by working in the forum dungeons

jk
      Ali888, aldostools and xViTr like this.
    3. Troy McGrath
      Troy McGrath
      Jesus christ, this is beautiful! *tears in eyes*

And here I am stuck on a super slim in one hand and my prick in the other, and can't decide which is more useless. :(
    4. chicco33
      chicco33
      Thanks for this new version. I found two issues.
      The first one is major issue: I think still there memory problem because when I tried to copy a Ps2 game from external USB to internal HDD the screen froze. (actually its not freezing because I can go back ti XMB with the PS button) After it I tried to restart the ManaGunz but every time froze again when I tried to go in settings menu. I reinstalled the ManaGunz and it does not work and always freeze when I try to go in settings menu. So I dunno what cause this freezing issue.
      Where is the Managunz data directory? I cant test it further because its freeze every time when I reinstall MG and try to go in settings menu. (worked in the first 30 minutes)
      The second issue is: the Managunz now does recognise the 80% of the isos splitted with Ps3splitter (666000 extension) but in case of some games (like Chaos Legion) it does not show the game in the game list. (but the extension and the file format is the same) When I copy / merge the game in file manager to internal HDD its shows up in the game list :) Interest.
      Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
      Zar likes this.
    5. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Is ps2 game, ManaGunZ not support splitted PS2 games afaik.
    6. chicco33
      chicco33
      This new version does :) Tested it. Support every type of splitted PS2 isos (iso and 666) except some games.
    7. AndrewDude1648
      AndrewDude1648
      Working with PS3Xploit?
    8. zfreeman
      zfreeman
      Does ManaGunZ have the option of ripping disks to .ISO format?
    9. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      NO, this is a homebrew app. most things in the PS3 Scene will not work with HAN.
      • Homebrew
      • CFW
      • Plugins
      • ect..
    10. sandungas
      sandungas
      [​IMG]

1) select an interface mode (XMB/LIST/FLOW/GRID)
      2) select a theme for that interface mode
      3) select a colorset

Optional...

4) select a font
      5) change colors individually (this modifyes the colorset), there are 4 colors and one more for the wave
      6) save your custom colorset

Advanced...

7) enter managunz filemanager and copy the file dev_hdd0/game/MANAGUNZ0/USRDIR/GUI/colorset.ini
      8) move the file to your PC, and open it in notepad++ or any other decent editor
      9) post your custom colorset here in the forum specifying for which theme was intended to be used

This way other people can use your colorset, and eventually (if your color selection is good) your colorset could be added either to managunz or to the next versions of the themes that probably will be published individually later
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    11. Naked_Snake1995
      Naked_Snake1995
      Be careful while installing the File Manager, long story short, my PS3 shut down unexpectedly,now if i want to boot keeps shutting down.

Ill try to detach the HDD, hope it will return to normal.

ManaGunZ doesnt show any problems

PS: I cannot blame the developer,that my PS3 turned off when File Manager was done instaling, it could be that my EADP-200 PSU died right on that very moment,but i have to test it, right now, with or without HDD,the PS3 will still cut power, defenetly not a NOR Brick.
      Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    12. luisferna
      luisferna
      hi everyone, does it have ftp?
    13. ModderFokker619
      ModderFokker619
      Getting freeze when scanning from ext. Internal 1tb Scan works perfect. Ext 2tb scan freezes everytime even if I remove the iso it freezes at. Is there a max game limit?

1.31 does not freeze.
      Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    14. chicco33
      chicco33
      Yes. The game limit is 512. Zar will fix it in the next release.
    15. TheKingOfHacks
    16. slimica
      slimica
      Hi everyone,

@Zar ManaGunZ v1.32 support CFW Rebug 4.82.1 Rex or Dex Full Edition ?

Thanks
    17. aldostools
      aldostools
      No yet...
      slimica likes this.
    18. Zar
      Zar
    19. aldostools
      aldostools
      STLcardsWS likes this.