This version of ManaGunZ (PS3 Backup Manager by @Zar) represents a checkpoint in his evolution, some of the changes are: a new RSX memory management to improve stability and efficiency, a new filemanager windows docking system (R1+DPAD), dev_hdd1 access, internal screenshot function (L2+R2), full skins support in themes and colorset management, an animated wave that moves in the background, official/custom fonts selector, some info icon animations such loading/exiting, some button remapping and a lot more minor changes that makes the whole interface more robust and intuitive, this version has been released after an extensive process of bug-hunting, there are literally several tenths of changes At the core functions there are some new features such mounting ISO directly from the file-manager, the PS2 ISO MD5 verification has been fixed, new LIMG sector management for PS2 ISO, now it allows to perform and IRD check and join/split a PS3 ISO The multilingual files have been updated and there are two new themes, one is inspired by the "PlayStation" family and the other is a clone of XMB
- Fix : Reduced memory usage to avoid 'random' freeze.
- Fix FileManager : No more deep scan on ISO.
- Fix Filemanager : Scroll bar.
- Fix : MD5/SHA1 of +4GB files
- Fix : Scetool keys file.
- Fix : Issue with cmdID 0x4A.
- Fix : FLOW3D full covers.
- Fix : Shortcut pkg.
- Add : It ask you to load a PS2 CONFIG if it doesn't exist.
- Add : Increased loading speed of PS2 game menu.
- Add FileManager : New buttons map.
- Add FileManager : Click on backup ISO to mount it then it go back to XMB.
- Add FileManager : Dock to left/right/full screen. See note (1).
- Add FileManager : hold X to move the slider.
- Add FileManager : Use R2 to increase move speed of cursor and windows.
- Add : Join or split big files. See note (2).
- Add : Default UI set to XMB.
- Add : Background waves.
- Add : Set alpha of colors.
- Add : (R2+L2) Screenshots saved at '/dev_hdd0/photo/ManaGunZ_XXX.bmp'.
- Add : Check md5 files from ISO with IRD.
- Add : Add/Remove LIMG sector in PS2 iso.
- Add : Choose Font. It search recursivly ttf font in the directories '/dev_flash/data/font' and '/USRDIR/GUI'. See note (3).
- Add : Choose colorset. See note (3).
- Fix FileManager : Convert iso.
- Add FileManager : LEFT/RIGHT D-pad to scroll up/down a page.
- Add FileManager : L1+LEFT/RIGHT D-pad to go to the parent/child folder.
(1) There are 2 ways to do it :
The first one is to open the option menu while the cursor is on the header of the window.
The second is to use the following combo:
(2) Use the copy function in game menu. If the destination is FAT32, the big file will be splitted, if it's not it will be joined.
- Dock to LEFT : Hold R1 + LEFT D-PAD.
- Dock to RIGHT : Hold R1 + RIGHT D-PAD.
- Dock to FULL : Hold R1 + UP D-PAD.
- Restore : Hold R1 + DOWN D-PAD.
In file manager to join files, select ONLY the first file with the extension '66600' then paste it.
(3) To reduce memory use, it won't load 4 themes anymore. Only the theme of the current UI is loaded.
For each theme in each UI, it search for the following files.
When u load the theme it will use the theme font and the first colorset defined in the file. But you'll be able to change them in theme setting menu.
- BG.PNG : Main background
- BGS.PNG : Settting background
- SIDEBAR.PNG : Sidebar background
- FONT.TTF : Font.
- colorset.ini : Set of color used in the homebrew .
XMB UI use more files for the columns : SETTINGS.PNG, FAVORITES.PNG, PS3.PNG, PS2.PNG, PS1.PNG, PSP.PNG.
Also, before loading files from 'common' directory, it will check if these files don't exist in the theme directory.
The sidebar displaying the game settings, and the notification info window
PS3 ManaGunZ v1.32 (by Zar) - Interface and Stability Improvements for the popular PS3 Homebrew
By sandungas on Mar 23, 2018 at 4:33 PM
PlayStation Developer Wiki is growing - Introducing PS1 & PS2 DevWiki !!!Well, well! You (probably) already heard about the several PlayStation Developer Wikis like for the PS3 and the PS4, but also for the handheld consoles like PSP and PSVITA, with it's strong communities and useful information for each wiki. But while the actual Console Generations were already satisfied with their own wikis, there was something missing. If you wanted to get some informations about older Sony Consoles, then we had to be honest - your informations kept very short. But since we speak about the "past tense form" from "has", the lack of useful information could change with your help. Thanks to the well-known user @GregoryRasputin, you can now contribute to a PS1 and PS2 DevWiki! Yeah, that's right. Sony's both first released home consoles are getting it's own dedicated wikis and everyone is welcome to contribute.Continue reading
OPL (Open PS2 Loader) - Latest Improvements
While we have seen PS2 developer like @sp193 busy with several new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) exploit recently, the dev along with other PS2 devs like Maximus32 have been putting in some work and making some "HUGE Advancements" to OPL as @TnA details. Open PS2 Loader or better known as simply OPL is moving along nicely with the times and making great strides still in 2018, from here i will leave it to TnA who has summed up the various progressions of this very popular PS2 ProjectContinue reading
Free Memory Card Boot v1.964 Release - A Series of new updates for FMCB since June '18 by sp193
The PS2 Community is still going strong and developer @sp193 continues to make improvements across the board on the PS2, with some of the dev's latest work coming with a series of new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB), Since June of this year the dev has provided the progress and reports as seen in the thread (in the psx-place forums) and kept us informed. There has been alot of new changes since June and each of those changes can be seen in the "Recent Developments" along with some other details about the project be sure to view all links the dev has provided for additional details about this project if your a new comer to FMCB or the PS2.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
This XMB Mod adds an alternative GUI for selecting your "webMAN Games" from the XMB