Dismiss Notice

PSX-Place.com Announcement:

New Smiley's Added to post editor !!!

PS3 ManaGunZ v1.33 - 4.82 DEX Support

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 11, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Apr 11, 2018 at 9:46 PM
  1. 7,363
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Following all the changes that v1.32 introduced to the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, the developer behind the project @Zar is back with a new release with version 1.33, there are several new additions in this build one of the main additions is the added 4.82 DEX Support following the release of 4.82 REBUG REX, The complete changelog for version of ManaGunZ 1.33 can be seen below
    :

ManaGunZ_001.png

• ManaGunZ v1.33
      • FIX: reading issue with splitted iso.
      • ADDED : 482 DEX Support
      • ADDED : Game Option "Join".
      • ADDED in FileManager : Option "Join" to join files to the current path.

Changelog v1.32
      • Fix : Reduced memory usage to avoid 'random' freeze.
      • Fix FileManager : No more deep scan on ISO.
      • Fix Filemanager : Scroll bar.
      • Fix : MD5/SHA1 of +4GB files
      • Fix : Scetool keys file.
      • Fix : Issue with cmdID 0x4A.
      • Fix : FLOW3D full covers.
      • Fix : Shortcut pkg.
      • Add : It ask you to load a PS2 CONFIG if it doesn't exist.
      • Add : Increased loading speed of PS2 game menu.
      • Add FileManager : New buttons map.
      • Add FileManager : Click on backup ISO to mount it then it go back to XMB.
      • Add FileManager : Dock to left/right/full screen. See note (1).
      • Add FileManager : hold X to move the slider.
      • Add FileManager : Use R2 to increase move speed of cursor and windows.
      • Add : Join or split big files. See note (2).
      • Add : Default UI set to XMB.
      • Add : Background waves.
      • Add : Set alpha of colors.
      • Add : (R2+L2) Screenshots saved at '/dev_hdd0/photo/ManaGunZ_XXX.bmp'.
      • Add : Check md5 files from ISO with IRD.
      • Add : Add/Remove LIMG sector in PS2 iso.
      • Add : Choose Font. It search recursivly ttf font in the directories '/dev_flash/data/font' and '/USRDIR/GUI'. See note (3).
      • Add : Choose colorset. See note (3).
      • Fix FileManager : Convert iso.
      • Add FileManager : LEFT/RIGHT D-pad to scroll up/down a page.
      • Add FileManager : L1+LEFT/RIGHT D-pad to go to the parent/child folder.

Notes :
      (1)
      There are 2 ways to do it :
      The first one is to open the option menu while the cursor is on the header of the window.
      The second is to use the following combo:
      • Dock to LEFT : Hold R1 + LEFT D-PAD.
      • Dock to RIGHT : Hold R1 + RIGHT D-PAD.
      • Dock to FULL : Hold R1 + UP D-PAD.
      • Restore : Hold R1 + DOWN D-PAD.
      (2) Use the copy function in game menu. If the destination is FAT32, the big file will be splitted, if it's not it will be joined.
      In file manager to join files, select ONLY the first file with the extension '66600' then paste it.
      (3) To reduce memory use, it won't load 4 themes anymore. Only the theme of the current UI is loaded.
      For each theme in each UI, it search for the following files.
      • BG.PNG : Main background
      • BGS.PNG : Settting background
      • SIDEBAR.PNG : Sidebar background
      • FONT.TTF : Font.
      • colorset.ini : Set of color used in the homebrew .
      When u load the theme it will use the theme font and the first colorset defined in the file. But you'll be able to change them in theme setting menu.
      XMB UI use more files for the columns : SETTINGS.PNG, FAVORITES.PNG, PS3.PNG, PS2.PNG, PS1.PNG, PSP.PNG.
      Also, before loading files from 'common' directory, it will check if these files don't exist in the theme directory.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    jolek, rocknard, slimica and 7 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 11, 2018.

1. sandungas
      sandungas
      Cool, try this version @chicco33 some of the features related to join/split iso in the last 2 managunz versions was made because your suggestions, please check if all that join/split functions are working fine, i guess you are the best that can test that :)
    2. chicco33
      chicco33
      Yes it works :) Btw Zar sent me a fixed version in PM 2 weeks ago which fixed the freezing issue with custom configs, not freeze when you have more than 500 games, and recognise every splitted isos :)
      sandungas and Zar like this.
    3. Niander466
      Niander466
      Does this version work in DEX HAN mode?
    4. ImVantexHD
      ImVantexHD
      I don't think so, most things in the ps3 scene will not work with HAN.
      Niander466 likes this.
    5. sandungas
      sandungas
      Managunz doesnt works on HAN, as a general rule of what works in HAN and what doesnt works... you shoud think in the concept of "executable files" (like an .exe in windows)
      In HAN only works the executables signed by sony... but all other executables signed unnofficially (scene apps) are not going to work because doesnt passes the signature check
      Is imposible to bypass this signature check in HAN... by now

In PS3 the executable files are EBOOT.BIN, SELF and SPRX files... this ones are a "cant touch this"
      aldostools and junaid like this.
    6. junaid
      junaid
      Just a quick question. Can the officially signed by Sony sprx files be decrypted but not encrypted cuz Sony has the keys s right? Or am I wrong and signing is different from encryption?
    7. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Partially. We can decrypt those sprx files, we can encrypt those files. But we can't add correct ecdsa signature to them. CFW have those ecdsa check patched so it accept those sprx files.

"as far as i know" :) But I can be wrong here.
      junaid likes this.
    8. sandungas
      sandungas
      Is also related with the fact that there are used 2 "keysets", a set is used to encrypt (this never goes out of sony facilities) and another set to decrypt (included in all ps3)

The ones for decrypting are public, we can decrypt everything because there was a point where sony stopped updating them
      But for encrypting we only have the keysets that was taken from pre 3.55 firmwares

The keys used for decrypting are derived from the keys used for encrypting (so are related... you can think in them as a parent-children relationship) Theoretically is not be posible to find the "parent" by looking at the "children"... but sony made a mistake that allowed people to deduce them :)

All this is about cryptography, and i dont understand it, so take this explain as a grain of salt in plain words, maybe i said some incorrection
      kozarovv and junaid like this.
    9. bguerville
      bguerville
      kozarovv's post is correct.
      ECDSA encryption/decryption relies on a pair of keys, one private & one public.
      The private keys are used to encrypt the files at source & the paired public key is used to decrypt & validate that the files were not tampered with.
      We only have the private keys up to 3.55 leaked years ago.
      So in practice we can decrypt 4.xx /dev_flash sprx and self files & we can patch the files without problems but we can only reencrypt them with the private keys we currently have.
      Post 3.56 loaders will detect & reject all /dev_flash executable files reencrypted with old private keys, considered invalid.
      A CFW works around this by patching the loaders to remove the ecdsa checks..
      Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
      junaid likes this.
    10. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      THE GENERAL RULE OF THUMB IF IT WORKS FOR HAN IT WILL SAY IT WILL WORK WITH HAN.. HAS SOMETHING BEEN RELEASED WITHOUT SAYING IT WAS FOR HAN??? NO

SO PLEASE CAN WE STOP IS THIS FOR HAN ON EVERY THREAD..

IF IT's FOR HAN, IT WILL BE NOTED IT's FOR HAN......
      IF IT's NOT NOTED , IT's NOT FOR HAN..

Very Simple Concept :) ..

This news mentions NOTHING about HAN.
      So we can conclude what?? ______ (hint this is not for HAN)

Clue #2 to often look at as well:
      If the term PS3 Homebrew is used (That means its a Homebrew App) HAN does not play PS3 Homebrew (only limited homebrew of the PS1/PS2 era through the unlocked internal emulators )
      DeViL303 likes this.
    11. Mazen
    12. STRATOS198XAD
      STRATOS198XAD
      • ADDED : Game Option "Join".
      • ADDED in FileManager : Option "Join" to join files to the current path.
      This options don't appear, what to do?
    13. 44DANIEL
      44DANIEL
      3 question:
      managunz 1.33 works very well, and has better compatibility with games iso
      for example the game ultra street fighter 4 in iso does not work in multiman (black screen) but managunz works well

--managunz file manager copy, paste and delete files without errors before uninstalling
      multiman ???
      ---How many isos in total managunz can recognize???
      --and finally in JB games can I use the payload cobra in game settings ???

the development is very good and is similar to multiman because irismanager modifies the system sound and led and is not recommended
      Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    14. Zar
      Zar
      I think the max number is 512, I can increase it but it will make the homebrew unstable that's why my main goal for the next update is to modify the code to support an infinite number of game without making it unstable.

JB games can be mounted with cobra.
      sandungas likes this.
    15. 44DANIEL
      44DANIEL
      Thanks.
      Last question,
      in the managunz file manager I can copy and delete very large files without bug

finally the compatibility with all games in ISO format is 100% or has some incompatibility
      Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    16. Zar
      Zar
      yes, the filecopy is working, test it, if you want to be sure. But for your information it's slower than Multiman, deank use a misterious function that increase the copy speed a lot.

I don't know if it's 100%, but my guess is "almost 100%"
    17. 44DANIEL
      44DANIEL
      Thanks formato all,
      I would like you to visualize the temperature of the rsx and cpu in managunz
      Zar likes this.
    18. sandungas
      sandungas
      Let me fix that sentence, this way sounds better :)
    19. 44DANIEL
      44DANIEL
      thanks for everything
      I would like you to visualize the temperature of the rsx and cpu in managunz