Modbo 5.0 Config Menu Screen?

Discussion in 'General PS2 Discussion' started by SneakyKreiger, Jan 13, 2018 at 11:32 PM.

1. 5
    SneakyKreiger

SneakyKreiger New Member

Artist
    Home Page:
    Hello peeps,

I have a Slim PS2 with this chip and everything is working good except the other i noted that i can't get into my config by holding down Circle & Triangle. Once i depress those buttons. All that is displayed is a black screen but the console remains on.

Now i did a bit of searching online, and there where a few articles about this other reported saying that maybe the firmware has become corrupt in someway that is not able to be explained currently. So, a few have posted links to the software to burn & reinstall to the chip. But i was warned that if i don't know my firmware version i could risk frying the chip/console.

My board version is SCPH-75001 and the chip is modbo 5.0 clone and the firmware version thats shown onscreen says v1.93 once i disable it.Not sure if it matter or not but it also show the Matrix Infinity logo on the Playstation 2 splash screen. ill try to provide photo's if ness.

Does anyone know where i can obtain these firmware from online,Other than PSX-Scene? For some reason that site is down for me or something idk? Anyting would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

2. 6,948
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the matrix infinity boot screen appears if you have a matrix infinity modchip installed. I don't know why it would appear with a modbo clone. also 1.93 is the latest firmware version for matrix infinity, so I'm thinking that's what you have. I've never heard that about a firmware frying the board if you don't know what firmware you have. I've also never installed a firmware over again. I have the firmware update on a disc, but it's to 1.91. I didn't update to 1.93 since all it does is fix a bug with I think Taiwanese systems.

3. 5
    SneakyKreiger

SneakyKreiger New Member

Artist
    Home Page:
    Ok so i can take some pix of the splash screen if you like to show you the logo!? , also well again i don't know if its true or just a rumor or something of sorts. Anywho do you know where i can possibly download this v1.93 firmware, so i can burn it and give it a go to attempt to fix this config screen issue?!

4. 6,948
    pinky

your issue might be due to your modchip being a clone. I can freely access the config screen on my system. though, it might also be a firmware problem. if you don't mind me asking, what do you want with the config screen? there are a lot of psx options though as well as a vga option for the ps2. I thought enabling vga on my system since my tv can't display 240p. I'm not sure if it would've worked with psx games, probably not. if it doesn't work, you have to get into the recovery menu which I think forces a reinstall of the firmware (not sure). I read that somewhere.

5. 6,948
    pinky

by the way, if you're using matrix infinity, it should have a giant matrix logo with stuff like homebrew, but with things like ps2 games, it will have a small matrix logo at the bottom right of the of the playstation 2 logo. I believe it also contains the firmware version. you can actually change that image. I thought about changing it to a friend's license photo, but it would probably look squashed. lol!

6. 5
    SneakyKreiger

SneakyKreiger New Member

Artist
    Home Page:
    My issue is that i can't play any of my backup's;retail games be it their import or domestic's. As well as any DVD of any region. And i felt that if i could get into the menu to make a change i thought i would be able to fix the issue. I used to be able to get into the menu with ease. Now it's not going into the menu what so ever. So! idk. I'm not so bothered about changing the splash screen as i'm more worried about getting this issue resolved in a timely manner. If i can fix this, then ill inquire about changing the splash screen.So again , where can i find this firmware software?

7. 5
    SneakyKreiger

SneakyKreiger New Member

Artist
    Home Page:
    Ah nvm i find the firmware whilst online. = )

8. 6,948
    pinky

tbh, I don't remember if those options are in there. it's strange that it would suddenly stop working. I've been using my modchip for 13-14 years, and I've never encountered that.

the changing of the image - I can't recall how to do that, probably since I've never even done it. my system still has the matrix logo.