Mount.ps2

Discussion in 'webMAN MOD' started by seballa, Dec 30, 2016.

1. 3
    seballa

seballa New Member

Hi,

I am trying to find a way, to unmount / mount a PS2 Singstar Disc while in the game.

I start the Game with Multiman in MultimanMode and I can select one PS2 Disc in advance.

In the source code I found the hint, that the mount.ps2 feature is not compiled usually.
    // [PS2] PS2 extracted folders in /PS2DISC (needs PS2_DISC compilation flag)

Are there precompiled versions of Webman where this feature is activated?
    Why is the it not enabled by default, is it not working or even dangerous to use?

Thanks for your help

Seballa

p.s. I removed my first post regarding my request for it was in the wrong section and I have found out some more information yesterday night. Sorry for the double post

2. 4,023
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Not officially supported. For sure someone here can compile one for You.
    I don't remember, for sure it wasn't dangerous. But there was problem with getting it work iirc. But some people got it working. Is not frequenly used, and is "hit or miss" that it work, so I think because of that is disabled by default, but i can be wrong here.

EDIT: Looks like feature is currently enabled in FULL version of webman MOD. Try it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  3. 3
    seballa

seballa New Member

Hi,

thanks for your replay.
    Those commands end in a 400 Bad Request:
    Code:
    http://192.168.47.142/mount.ps2/dev_hdd0/GAMES/BCES02112-[SingStar%20Frozen]/[PS2]Party
    http://192.168.47.142/mount_ps2/dev_hdd0/GAMES/BCES02112-[SingStar%20Frozen]/[PS2]Party

I tried to install webman MOD FullVersion from the beginning. Who can I find out if this worked? I can't see a status which version is installed.

Thanks again

Seballa

4. 41
    PSX_Koto

PSX_Koto Member

Hi, a few months ago I had the same problem and @aldostools was nice enough to include this feature in the official builds of webMAN MOD.

Personally I am using the mount_ps2 command, not sure if mount.ps2 does the same now. I will update wMM this weekend, currently still have 1.43.36 installed but it should work on the latest version unless aldo removed or edited this feature again.

What you will require:
    - An original PS2 game disc (any should work). Couldn't get it to work with a burned copy
    - PS3 accessable via home network (look up IP in network settings)

Create a directory on internal/external and extract/copy the loose Singstar files to it.
    Example: "dev_usb001/Singstar/SingStar Pop/Pack_EE.PAK" etc.

1. Load up any PS3 SingStar
    2. In the song selection, press SELECT to open the change disc dialogue
    3. Eject your disc if there's one inside the PS3
    4. Now if you want to load the SingStar Pop from above, you should use this command:
    5. Then insert any PS2 disc. It should automatically load the mounted SingStar game.

You can change discs as often as you want, but you always need to eject -> mount -> then insert physical disc again. Only do it on the change disc screen or the game will quit.

Maybe aldo already included a mounting feature within the webman webpage, but I always did it manually this way.

I made myself a simple html landing page with links to mount all of my SingStar games, probably easier than typing in the urls every single time.

If you can't access webman via web/browser or are unable to mount, try reinstalling the full version (hold L1 while launching the webman pkg). I had to do this after upgrading to 4.81.1 Rebug.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  5. 3
    seballa

seballa New Member

Hey PSX_Koto,

thank you very much for your Post. This is exactly the way I wanted it to work, and what can I say. It does! Great!

I already was nearly there but something was always not working like it should. It worked with mutliman but not with webman. Reinstalling the newest webman MOD did the trick in the end.

Start Singstar(PS3) via Webman --> change disc dialogue --> http command (+ for space did not work for me but %20 did) --> PS2 Disc in (or out and in again) voila....

Super thanks a lot

Seballa

Zar and kozarovv like this.
  6. 41
    PSX_Koto

PSX_Koto Member

yeah right, %20 should be good, I used + because webman uses that in its mounting urls. glad to hear it's working :) And thanks to @aldostools for adding this!

kozarovv likes this.
  7. 4,143
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer