PS VITA / PS TV Mounting internal storage (imc0:) coming to Adrenaline, and Vitashell

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Apr 26, 2017.

By kozarovv on Apr 26, 2017 at 3:06 AM
  1. 6,930
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Looking at recent commits on TheFlow's github You can see that developer hyln9 added very nice feature to both Adrenaline plugin, and Vitashell app. New feature is mounting imc0: which looks like internal memory card, and can give us another 1GB on slim PSV and on PSTV. Actually is very good idea because when external memory is used that 1GB of space is totally unused.​

witcherre.png

Currently there is no release, but commit is merged with master branch, which mean that some folks can currently compile it, and test. Also merging to master probably mean that we see that feature officially in next release by TheFlow.

For now you can compile code by yourself, or wait for official release.

Source code can be obtained here:

Commits that adding imc0:

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by kozarovv, Apr 26, 2017.

1. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      The OLED Vita systems have a full 2gb Sony won't let us touch unlike the Slim & PSTV. Good stuff either way.
    2. pinky
      pinky
      technically, the pstv has 2.5GB of storage with 1 being usable. I've recently gone memory card less, and I believe it's 1.5 for ur0 and 1 for ux0. games will only be installed to ux0 though, but it may be possible to use the ur0 as storage for iso's kinda like how u can with roms, I believe, in retroarch. I'm not sure if installing games to ur0 is feasible or not though, just regular games, or iso/cso games.
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Vita have 4 GB, so I think that PSTV not less than that.

Vita:

• Product ID: 0x4082
      • Vendor ID: 0x1e3d (Chipsbrand Technologies (HK) Co., Limited)
      • Version: 1.00
      • Serial Number: 013244704081
      • Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
      • Manufacturer: ChipsBnk Location ID: 0x1d110000 / 6
      • Current Available (mA): 500
      • Current Required (mA): 100
      • Capacity: 3.78 GB (3,779,067,904 bytes)
      • Removable Media: Yes
      • Detachable Drive: Yes
      • BSD Name: disk2
      • Partition Map Type: Unknown
      • S.M.A.R.T. status: Not Supported
      Anyway, first post is about that 1GB space. Probably..
    4. pinky
      pinky
      I don't know, my friend. @atreyu187 mentioned to me that there's redundant flash memory in case something were to go wrong with the system, it will have a backup. or, that could the total flash memory including the os. I looked up ur0 on vitadevwiki, and it's an internal partition at all times I believe, so the 1.5GB space may be the same with a memory card inserted. based on my experience - the app.db and its parts like the appmeta were reset once I removed the memory card. though, that may be due to the apps and @Berion 's theme being stored there. I never bothered to check if the app.db was the same. I just have molecular shell and vita shell installed on the internal memory card. psp games seem to work when I tested them using a flash drive. I haven't tried installing a game with mai though. ark and vhbl also work. my 360's external hdd crashed recently, so I'm running scans on that and it doesn't look good. once that's done, if it ever finishes (been over 3 days), I'll start importing games to the pstv.
    5. Berion
      Berion
      I'm not sure but I think ur0 is just a partition for user data when user doesn't have Vita Memory Card. When user insert such card, all data is moved to ux0 and read from there instead of ur0.

On PSTV I have both ur0 and ux0 without Vita Memory Card so... I don't know. One which I'm 100% sure is Sony make monumental mess in names, paths and partitions... I don't see a reason to duplicate so many data and put it to such idiotic places. :|
    6. pinky
      pinky
      according to devwiki, ur0 is internal. u may notice on say the pstv that there's a one GB internal memory card ux0. as far as I know, ur0 is always present and houses things like the app.db and the appmeta upon installation. it seems to have read and write privileges like ux0, but it's present when u have a memory card or even if u don't. I don't think it changes. I have no memory card myself, and it doesn't affect my games' functions. however, I couldn't get adrenaline to work unless its files were on the internal memory card.