Movian XMB Integration?

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by Startropic1, Nov 29, 2017.

1. 36
    Startropic1

Startropic1 Member

Is there any way to set your PS3 CFW such that if you click on a video in the videos tab the video will automatically be played in Movian?

2. 3,141
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    no

3. 1,874
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

"RetroXMB" (found in my PS3 Tools Collection for Windows) has an option to create a PKG that packs a movie with Movian to plays it from directly from XMB.

It was working the last time I tested it years ago... Maybe the feature still works in the recent CFW.

STLcardsWS and bitsbubba like this.
  4. 6,318
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Those were directed to SHOWTIME.SELF that multiMAN uses and you later incorporated into IRISMAN and that shortcut calls the one from IRISMAN or did each pkg contain itself?. I can;t recal (obviously) its been awhile.. Either way they should be firmware independent i would assume. But like Showtime.self you had to keep updates disabled as the official update would break it, if not mistaken.. (or i could be wrong there also)...

I need to re-format my PS3 and start from scratch so i can get this to re-click in my head a bit. :)

5. 1,874
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

Each PKG contain a small EBOOT.BIN that is a modified version of IRISMAN that applies some LV2 patches then call directly SHOWTIME.SELF from IRISMAN00 or BLES80608 (multiMAN).

Unfortunately the EBOOT included in each PKG is firmware-dependent....

STLcardsWS likes this.
  6. 36
    Startropic1

Startropic1 Member

1. the version of RetroXMBcreator that is included in the bulk ps3tools package, while the current version of 1.7.1, is missing the MOVIE function. I downloaded the solo version, and the movie function was there.

2. I tested the function on Rebug 4.82.1 here are the results:
    The movie installed to the video channels tab rather than the videos tab; no big deal. When I try to launch the shortcut it gives an error message about syscalls, but it allows you to proceed. Then end result just drops me in the Movian main menu, and does not play the video. I also noticed that the version of Movian it launched is outdated. Maybe using a more recent eboot would resolve some of these problems?

7. 3,141
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:

8. 1,874
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

You can change the column editing the CATEGORY in the file PARAM.SFO of the PKG

As I commented early, the EBOOT is a modified version of IRISMAN that launches SHOWTIME.SELF.
    As IRISMAN is firmware dependent it will not detect 4.82 until the code is updated. Currently I can't assist you updating this software.

SHOWTIME.SELF is the modified version of Movian included in multiMAN that supports auto-play of a custom path. deank haven't updated it in a while.

bitsbubba likes this.