Dismiss Notice

PSX-Place.com Announcement:

New Smiley's Added to post editor !!!

PS3 MSF Converter v1.5.1 (Supports converting .wav/.xwm to .msf)

Discussion in 'CFW Tools' started by clayson, Jun 2, 2018.

By clayson on Jun 2, 2018 at 3:03 AM
  1. 118
    clayson

clayson Member

Hello psx-place users! Today I (@clayson) present to you the MSF Converter which supports converting .wav/.xwm files to .msf, .msf is an audio format used in some games such as Skyrim (so yes, this can be used to convert .wav/.xwm to .msf for Skyrim and it will work). There are still plenty of features I plan on adding to this tool, but the base tool is complete and works quite well according to testers. :)

MSF Converter ICON.png

• Features
      • Can convert .wav/.xwm to .msf .
      • Has abilities to search entire directories or add single .wav file(s).
      • Has many advanced options for .msf including looping options.
      • Nice conversion log with ability to save conversion log.
      • Uses templates so you can share .msf creation templates with other people to make everything easier.

Disclaimer: Do not re-upload my work anywhere without my permission first, also please do not use any of the resources in this program without my permission, thank you.

• [Q] Some of my .wav files have not converted to .msf!
      • [A] Check the conversion log, sometimes there is problems with .wav files.

[Q] How can I re-create a game's .msf file?
      • [A] At the moment my tool cannot detect this, however it's a planned feature. If you would like you can send me a .msf and I will find out it's properties and then create a template.

[Q] Why can't I modify the bitrate of my MP3 output .msf files? Can you allow me to?
      • [A] You cannot modify bitrate because it messes with how templates work (will work on fixing this), however if you MUST modify the bitrates I can create a special version of my .exe for you (no "Save Template" button though).

• v1.5.1
      v1.4
      v1.0

• More settings including setting to backup .wav files.
      • More MSF options if needed by users.
      • Ability to modify MP3 .msf bitrate and highest bitrate (read FAQ if you want to know why it's not possible right now).
      • Error instantly notifies user and is easy for you to see.
      • Ability to drag and drop MSF Templates or .wav files.

• @clayson (Created the main "MSF Converter.exe")
      valentinbreiz (Helped me code "MSF Converter.exe")
      tiroden (Created the icon used in this tool.)

If you contributed and I forgot to credit you please let me know and I can fix that, thanks!

Keep in mind this tool is in it's early stages so if you mess with its files expect the tool to show off errors, if you find bugs report it to me via PM or on Discord thank you.

Join the PlayStation Game Modding Discord!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    esc0rtd3w, T.A.U, Johnnie and 7 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'CFW Tools' started by clayson, Jun 2, 2018.

1. antonioks
      antonioks
      How wonderful, would it be possible in the future, convert from wav to mp3 or OGG? would be very ultil in converting Sega CD games and NeoGeoCd.
    2. pony-modz
      pony-modz
      I guess this is only for ps3?
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      esc0rtd3w and STLcardsWS like this.
    4. ram.
      ram.
      nice job clayson ;)
      clayson and STLcardsWS like this.
    5. clayson
      clayson
      As far as I am aware only PS3 games use MSF (and it’s not just Bethesda games). I have researched PS4 4.05 Skyrim/Fallout 4 modding and I can confirm they do not use MSF. :)

But maybe a game on PS4 will suprise me. Although I built this tool with PS3 Skyrim in mind for those wanting to use mods with sounds, but this works for any other PS3 (or PS4 if it uses it) games. :D
      Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
      kozarovv likes this.
    6. GREEDY PESOS
      GREEDY PESOS
      At least is a ps3 tool.....

Keep pushing for a Cfw for 4k consoles......
    7. pony-modz
      pony-modz
      I've ported Crimes Against Natuure on Skyrim PS4 and the sounds must .at9 or the PS4 wont recognize it same with Fallout 4
    8. Ali888
      Ali888
      Greetings...

Can i extract & convert Max Payne 3 audio file (.rpf) to a common format ?
    9. pony-modz
      pony-modz
      .rpf is openable with openIV
    10. Ali888
      Ali888
      Thx for reply...
      I know about openIV. But when i want to extract, it says just can extract .rpf from PC version of Max Payne 3; not from PS3 version...
    11. clayson
      clayson
      Oh yes I am very well aware of how PS4 Skyrim and Fallout 4 work and I can say with the utmost confidence I know better than anyone how they work (after all I was the first person to unofficially mod those games on PS4 4.05 only a little after HEN came out). :)
      Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
      pony-modz likes this.
    12. clayson
      clayson
      MSF Converter has been upgraded to v1.4 from v1.0!

Features that have been included is support for .xwm to .msf, supporting dragging and dropping .wav/.xwm files into listbox to add files, Skyrim template by me has been updated, and minor bugs/glitches fixed! :)
    13. clayson
      clayson
      MSF Converter has been upgraded to v1.5.1 from v1.4!

The new update fixes some bugs, allows dragging and dropping folders, and uses a better method of listing .wav/.xwm to convert. :)