Need Some Help Please

Discussion in 'webMAN MOD' started by jonatutu, Jul 19, 2015.

1. 10
    jonatutu

jonatutu New Member

I am new to Ps3 CFW and is trying to absorb as much as possible. I got a jailbroken 2506a ps3 and have webman mod and irisman pre-install. I am very confuse with webman mod.
    How do I rip my bluray games with webman mod, I am currently using irisman to rip. Is there a webman mod file manager? As the general info thread says "Copy operations use shadow copy on hdd0 for faster copy" I have been using for a week now but still could not figure out...

And lastly I have converted PSN download God of War to ISO. After I refresh the game list. The game cover as changed it is no longer the icon0 found in the folder/iso.
    Can the game cover be customized? And did webman mod download the cover from the web, I was not able to find any game cover file webman mod is displaying in PS3 directoy?

2. 5,803
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

1.) webMAN MOD will not rip your games. (use a backup manager like multiMAN or others as you have)
    2.) webMAN MOD has a file viewer (view and copy) (enter PS3 IP in any browser (including PS3 browser) and then you will see a files link)
    --- or personally i use the background running FTP from a PC for most my file manager needs, but multiMAN has the mmOS mode also and other manager such as irisman have a file manager.
    3,) Game Cover's use the same path as the ones in mutliMAN, you can also place your covers in the same folder as your ISO with the same file name of the game. "randomgamename.iso" "randomgamename.png"

3. 10
    jonatutu

jonatutu New Member

Hey thanks for the clarification. Had my ps3 for few weeks now. Is webman mod causing lag to the ps3? Because the system gets sluggish after backing up game disk, after unloading webman mod it gets slightly better. Turn off and on the console, webman mod doesnt load back anymore, run webman mod updater and straight after it restarts, the fan is running like crazy and the temp for both cpu and rsx is above 60degress and is increasing... Has happen a few times after running webman mod updater... and is the webman mod sensor accurate? fan running at 50% is show 55 , 56. Fan running at 30 & 60% is showing the same temperature. It doesnt get cooler or warmer when running at faster / slower speed.

4. 5,267
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the web man sensor is using the normal sensor used by the system. there r seven stages to it in which the fan will grow greater in intensity. as for sluggishness, the ps3 uses "threads" to allocate commands. the system will slow down, lock up, shut down, etc. if the threads go beyond what it can do which I think is maybe 22 or 23 threads. some commands use multiple threads too, so doing too much at once will likely cause one of the problems I mentioned.

5. 5,803
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

The sluggish i have not experienced myself, it could be to many games? Also you can change the memory usage of the plugin also. So if it's sluggish perhaps it's on a lower setting? This can be changed in webMAN settings. The fan control will speed up or slow down based on the temperature you have selected.

6. 10
    jonatutu

jonatutu New Member

Ok I will try to play around the settings. As for the temperature I have set it to dynamic 61oC, minimal at 50%. But setting the minimal fan speed higher or lower % doesn't help reduce the temperature nor does it increase on lower %.