Nintendo amiibo Talk

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by tthousand, Apr 5, 2015.

1. 896
    tthousand

tthousand The One Moderator

Terminating Terminators
    Trick below no longer works. Thread has turned into amiibo discussion. Enjoy :D

Here is a link to all the Official Nintenodo amiibo information you need to know >>> Character LineUp - amiibo by Nintendo

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  2. 9,558
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

that's a pretty nifty trick. I had every game except for yoshi's new island. my plan was to download the game on my old 3ds, then do a 3ds transfer to my majora's mask 3ds. unfortunately, I didn't realize both systems had to be on the latest fw. I'm not doing that or the cfw on my new 3ds will no longer function. kinda sucks that I wasted my reward.

3. 896
    tthousand

Terminating Terminators
    Too bad you didn't know about this trick prior... you could have had a couple of copies.

That is one of the one's I picked. I either had most of the others, or didn't want them. Actually, I ended up getting Yoshi's New Island and Ultimate NES Remix for myself, and a copy of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze for one of my buddies.

And also, FYI, this is the third or fourth time I have pulled this trick off. I used it last year for the Elite Status Rewards, and also for the free game give-away that came with MK8.

LASTLY, this trick might work for the upcoming Mewtwo DLC. So if you have any friends that didn't get both copies of the game, you can still hook them up with the DLC.

I know it worked for the "GANONDORF DEMON KING" DLC Club Nintendo gave away with Hyrule Warriors.

4. 9,558
    pinky

yeah, the funny thing is that most platinum club Nintendo users would've likely had most, if not all, of those games to begin with just to reach that status. I actually had over 2,000 coins for this year, and my wii-u menu is nearly full without folders.

I actually bought the system for MK 8 and its giveaway. it was the wind waker bundle, so I already had that. I think I picked nsmb-u. MK 8 is a really nice game even though I'm no where near 100% in it. I don't even think I've unlocked all of the characters. I was hooked on tropical freeze after I bought it. I have 200% in that game. definitely one of the best platformers I've ever played. heh, I actually bought Correll MK 8 for being a good friend. I bought him the digital version for full price, 'cause I didn't want him to wait on shipping. :D

5. 896
    tthousand

Terminating Terminators
    I got a buddy in the same boat as you. I think that is when he finally picked up the system too; during the MK8 give away. Since then, I was able to hook him up with an extra copy of Pikmin 3 that I scored from the MK8 freebie (he got the LOZ (I tried to do the trick for him, but it didn't work (my best advice, do the trick when the site is slow, and you might have a bigger window of opportunity))). Funny thing is, neither one of us has even started that game, Pikmin 3. I hear it's a great game, but we just have not found the time.

As for Tropical Freeze and MK8 , I have not put as much time as I would have liked to into those two titles. I think I got all the 50cc clear on MK8, and most of the 100cc too. I have not got that far in DK though, but it was a fun game. \

Like you said, us Platinum members most likely have the freebies that they are giving away; It's not like they are going to put new games out. It can be hard to enjoy my whole catalog of games... I am sure a lot of us out there are in a position like this. But, at least with this little trick, you can get your friends some copies of some decent games for free.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  6. 9,558
    pinky

yeah, what I would've liked instead was some sort of voucher similar to the DDP thing. often times, u could get more from DDP than Club Nintendo when a voucher with $5 was equivalent to a game worth 200 coins. I'll try the trick with mewtoo as I'll be getting that. maybe I'll give an extra one to Correll as well. I might have bought him smash bros-u, but I can't recall exactly. I did buy several people many games. I even gave away a tropical freeze code after buying it a second time digitally.

I didn't play really any games on the ps3 or the 360. I think I beat Braid, FFXIII, and Star Ocean on the 360 and Jak and Daxter on the ps3. I opted to go the wii-u route since many of the games don't require u to remember a long involved story or complicated controls. I simply don't have the time to game a lot. it usually takes me months to beat games. aside from Tropical Freeze, I've gotten 100% in nsmb-u, luigi-u, and galaxy 2. oh, I have pikmin 3 as well, but like u, I haven't played it. there r a lot of games I haven't played on my system including Bayonetta 2 despite buying it upon release. every game, aside from Nintendo Land, is a digital copy for me. I figured that'd convince me to play games a little more considering I can't resell them. I only bought a retail copy of Nintendo Land due to it having been removed from the eshop for some reason.

7. 896
    tthousand

Terminating Terminators
    The DDP was awesome. But like you were saying, buy one retail game and get a $5 voucher with DDP, but you'd have to buy 3 or 4 retail games to get the equivalent in coins. I am excited to see what they plan on doing next. Hopefully it will be a mix of the two, with exclusive physical content and vouchers. But, we will just have to wait and see.

That is funny to hear you have not played Pikmin 3 yet :lol:. If I give it a shot before you, I'll try to remember to let you know what I thought of it.

As for PS3 and 360, I loved me some 360... MW2, Dark Souls I & II, DOA 4 & X2, and plus some other classics. It was my go to multiplayer console, and then probably the Wii. The Wii was for more relaxed multiplayer, but gave the 360 a good run for it's money. For the PS3, I suppose Demons Souls was my only real love on that console. But there were a couple of titles here and there I put the hours in over the years. Like Bayonetta (I got that for the 360), that was an incredible game. Sadly, I've only played the first 2 or 3 levels. It's probably like you said, it's hard to find time to pick a game with such an intricate control system.

I liked buying the digital copies because you save a little on the tax, and my game rack is already packed to the max :P The only physical copies I got where ones that came with some pre-order bonus DLC, or were on sale, or came with the console.

8. 9,558
    pinky

me too. I think they should do a DDP-style rewards system since u can buy whatever u want.

I bought pikmin 3 mostly due to it being exclusive. though, a friend of mine said that pikmin was a good series.

I might be used to hdd games due to the ps3, 360, wii scenes. :D I installed the homebrew channel on my wii-u via the smash stack hack, but I haven't installed anything more. my wii is hard and soft-modded, but I do want all systems to do as much as possible, so I bought a usb selector that can transfer an hdd's signal between the wii and the wii-u, so I can use the same hdd for both by just touching a button.

I'm not too interested in the ps3's games despite buying the system due to the original hack. I had no intention of buying the system otherwise due to having some issues with the way Sony does business. though, I did buy a psv along with a ps tv. I really like the psv though, probably more than the ps3. I can't say I like microsoft either, but trials is probably my favorite downloadable game on any system.

I've kinda gotten involved with that amiibo craze (just buying USA versions since they're far rarer); at present, I'm only missing Marth and the normal Mario from the Mario series. ...but my god did Nintendo of America really mess that entire thing up!

9. 9,558
    pinky

me too. I think they should do a DDP-style rewards system since u can buy whatever u want.

I bought pikmin 3 mostly due to it being exclusive. though, a friend of mine said that pikmin was a good series.

I might be used to hdd games due to the ps3, 360, wii scenes. :D I installed the homebrew channel on my wii-u via the smash stack hack, but I haven't installed anything more. my wii is hard and soft-modded, but I do want all systems to do as much as possible, so I bought a usb selector that can transfer an hdd's signal between the wii and the wii-u, so I can use the same hdd for both by just touching a button.

I'm not too interested in the ps3's games despite buying the system due to the original hack. I had no intention of buying the system otherwise due to having some issues with the way Sony does business. though, I did buy a psv along with a ps tv. I really like the psv though, probably more than the ps3. I can't say I like microsoft either, but trials is probably my favorite downloadable game on any system.

I've kinda gotten involved with that amiibo craze (just buying USA versions since they're far rarer); at present, I'm only missing Marth and the normal Mario from the Mario series. ...but my god did Nintendo of America really mess that entire thing up!

10. 9,558
    pinky

oh, btw, the games I'm playing now r mega man 9/10. I've always been a fan of that series, but I never played them whenever they came out. I'm playing the wii versions though, and I'm trying to do an all mega buster run through despite having never played the games. I managed to beat all robot masters and their respective stages in 9 aside from plug man. five hits = death. thus, I moved to 10 where I've only beaten solar man. great games...but I wish they'd release an eleventh installment. though, considering Capcom's relationship with Inafune, I figure that it's unlikely at this point. :(

11. 896
    tthousand

Terminating Terminators
    [MENTION=3657]pinky[/MENTION] That USB selector sounds like a good idea. I never messed around with trying to soft-mod the Wii U, I figured my soft modded Wii is fine. At least until there is a non-Wii mode hack. (Might be time to pick up another Wii U from Store.Nintendo, seeing as they have the $200 refurbished consoles back in stock)

I cannot say I've done much with my PSV. I use my 3DS way more. I did pick up a PSTV, but ended up returning it before I opened it after talking with several different people about it's possibilities.

I kind of wish I started collecting Amiibos as soon as they came out. Toys R Us had a 3 for 30 deal going on when all the first run was available. I'm only collecting the female Amiibos, with the exception of the Link one I also purchased. But yeah, it's insane trying to collect them in the US. I still regret not going down to target when they opened and picking up a Rosalina figure. I won't make that mistake the next run. I did get a little greedy and picked up two Shieks, hoping I would be able to sell one to help pay for the expensive eBay Rosalinas.

The last time I played Mega Man must have been on the PS1. MM8 and one or two of the X series. Great games. I grew up on that series. I liked the PS versions because you did not need to write down your password so you could continue. Oh retro games and your lack of saves... What an age!

Right now I've been spending any time I can on Bloodborne. I really enjoy all of the Souls series games. Hopefully I'll find sometime to get down on some multiplayer Wii U one of these days. Been meaning to hook up with my buddy for awhile and play some SSB and MK8.

12. 9,558
    pinky

yeah, I try to make my setup as efficient as possible. I have multiple DJ power strips with toggle switches for everything. I probably have 50+ things plugged in in my living room.

the smash stack is supposed to be the most difficult wii hacking method on the wii-u to patch as it doesn't use a save file. it's pretty easy to do too. u'll just need smash bros. brawl to initiate the hack, then install the homebrew channel; after that, u can sell the game. I might fully hack the wii side next weekend, but like u, I also have a wii that's fully hacked.

mega man is probably my favorite non-Nintendo made character. mm 9 and 10 r a lot like mm 2 in that u have no charge shot and no slide, so it's a lot like playing an early Nintendo game. I actually have a hybrid system, the retron 3, with all of the original Mega Man titles aside from MM 7 and MMX 3 due to them being very expensive.

I have a friend who's the same. he's buying all female amiibo figures. though, he seems to be obsessed with pink as he has a pink ds. I did buy all of the smash bros. gamecube controllers. I haven't received Samus or Luigi's yet. anyway, the peach one is pink. :p

bloodborne is ps4 exclusive, right? I'm not sure if I want a ps4 really considering I didn't play the ps3 very often. funny thing is that I said I was gonna go legit with this new gen, but I've hacked my 3ds/wii-u, and I bought the exploitable game for the psv. also, my ps tv is on 3.20 fw, so I'll hack that as well. there r some issues with the ps tv though. it seems to have a weak hdmi signal as I'm using a 5-way splitter for my wii-u, 360, ps3, media player, ps tv. the ps tv is the only thing the splitter doesn't detect unless I turn on another in the splitter. also, I have 2 games for the psv, tales of hearts r and ys memories of celceta. the pstv works perfectly with tales of hearts r, but it's not compatible with ys memories of celceta. I bought a ps4 dual shock for the device though. funny thing as I've never owned a dual shock with the ps3. my main controller was actually one taken from a decr system, so it's kinda rare. I installed some leds in it too, but the piece between the l and r buttons, one of 'em, fell off my work station and broke. since the controller is a bit different being decr, I can't just buy another six axis as they don't have that piece which sucks.

13. 896
    tthousand

Terminating Terminators

That is the one game I didn't get rid of, Super Smash Bros. Just in case I need to soft-mod someone else's Wii;or nowadays, a Wii-U :D

Yeah, Bloodborne is a PS4 exclusvie, made from the same team that made Demon's Souls (a PS3 exclusive). They also have recently made Dark Souls and Dark Soul 2 for multiple consoles. I highly recommend everyone check out Demons Souls and Dark Souls. And yeah, Bloodborne is a great game so far. It just keeps getting better and better the farther I explore it's incredibly detailed world.

I also got a vita ready to be exploited, and a 360 that needs a disc drive replacement and possible flash. Both these task should be a piece of cake, but I keep putting them off. I also picked a GameStick that I have done absolutely nothing with.

14. 9,558
    pinky

I had never owned the actual disc, so I had to buy the game.

I've never played that series actually.

ah, I do know a lot about the 360. I might be able to help there. replacing and flashing the optical drive isn't difficult. jungle flasher's guide will tell u how to flash ur drive as there r several for the 360. some r kinda ridiculous like drilling a hole through the pcb. though, do note, that u'll only be able to play xbox/xbox 360 retail games with a flashed drive. u need to go the jtag/rgh/rjtag route to do everything else. that's believed to be the method by which the ps4 hack will work as well, so it might be worth it to try that.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  15. 896
    tthousand

Terminating Terminators
    You should try one of those games out if you enjoy a good challenge.

I got a 360 lizard, but no experience. Should be pretty simple, and now I have two people I can turn to if I get stuck. Screw it, I am going to order that BENQ drive this week!

But uh, I'm not sure I understand the whole Jtag/rgh/rjtag thing. Do you need to solder something to the 360? This console that I have is still on the old school home menu, you know that one that everyone used to love, and some still do :D I have it set up with an external case and some custom fans and exhaust. I souped it up, but never got around to messing with the 360 lizzard. Seems I just couldn't get any answers anywhere I asked... Or I was asking the right questions. Is there some list to check my model # to if it can do certain things. Right, like Jtags?

16. 9,558
    pinky

I may just do that. :)

the method of flashing depends on the drive. in fact, jungle flasher, which is a guide that shows how to flash each drive, is around 200 pages long (yeah, there r that many different drives for the 360). u can determine which drive u have (make at least) by the color of the wires. after u remove the face plate, u should be able to see the color of the wires connecting to the drive via one of the holes around optical drive. jtag/rgh/rjtag all involve soldering. what's involved depends on the console and fw version. every 360 is hackable, but there r a few differences. I'm not sure how familiar u r with jtag points, but those r points on the board used for debugging chips. in Microsoft's rush to get the 360 to market, they neglected to deactivate them. rgh uses a chip to glitch the HANA chip during bootup. however, it's only possible on a console that's not a xenon, because the HANA chip is what sends the hdmi signal (xenon's r the first gen 360s which didn't have an hdmi output). rjtag is a combination of the two. it uses a chip, but it also uses several of the same points as a jtag. I have no experience with that one, but apparently its boot times r better than an rgh. this might be helpful:

Code:
    http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?53528-JTAG-Compatible-Dash-Kernel-Versions-How-To-Check-*UPDATED-30-DEC-2010*

17. 896
    tthousand

Terminating Terminators
    I see Nintendo is now giving away the Flipnote Studio 3D download. Well guess who just got three copies :D

BTW [MENTION=3657]pinky[/MENTION], it looks like they will be emailing the Mewtwo DLC codes, so that means no multiple copies :(

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  18. 9,558
    pinky

oh, I haven't redeemed my flipnote studio 3d yet. I believe that game was given to everyone who participated in club Nintendo.

that kinda sucks. I actually bought a Club Nintendo code for sthe 3ds version of smash instead of buying both it and the wii-u version. I thought Mewtoo was gonna be exclusive to those who bought both versions...at least for a while anyway. unfortunately, I think I spent more on the 3ds code than that dlc will be once it's released. oh well...I guess. anyway, I installed a 64GB micro-sd into my 3ds yesterday. by default, a card that size doesn't work, but all I had to do was reformat it to fat32. :) hopefully, that'll be put to good use at some point. ;)

19. 9,558
    pinky

lmao! it worked for me with flipnote studio 3d. ;)

oh, and I got the regular Mario amiibo from the Mario series collection. I'm only missing Marth now. :)

20. 9,558
    pinky

looks like Nintendo has emailed the mewtoo codes today, my friend. it's kinda funny considering I haven't had the time to sit down and play super smash bros for the wii-u despite buying it digitally on release day. :p