Nintendo Switch and Cloud Savinvg

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by pinky, Dec 26, 2018.

1. 9,678
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

this has happened two or three times, but when entering another game, the system would say something like, "the save on the system doesn't match the save via cloud." both saves should match. i never disabled cloud saving. I'm aware that some games don't save to cloud, but the save is present, so I just downloaded it instead of entering the game. btw, this also disables cloud saving for that particular game. has anyone experienced this. I can say that with all glitches and bugs with the switch, I'm starting to grow more and more disappointed with both the system and the company. :(

Zazenora likes this.
  2. 290
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    I'll redact my former comment a bit.
    I don't personally use cloud saves, I prefer backing them up on external storage if the option is available. In my opinion you're just releasing your save and ownership of it in the event of a policy change or ban.
    Consoles are progressively getting more complex in the "ownership" jargon, all the while I become less trusting in these companies...

I'm a hypocrite for slandering the very companies that bring me joy lol...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    pinky likes this.
  3. 9,678
    pinky

I do wish you could backup saves to an external drive of some sort. right now, it's cloud saving only. I do like how it saves in sleep mode, so that you don't have to worry about backing them up every few hours. however, since my first system died inexplicably, I've been very cautious. I now have the system connected to a single surge protector straight to the wall outlet (insteaD of daisy chaining multiple surge protectors. I've been trying to recoup my saves. I have all of mm1-7, mmx1-5, dkc 200% (did that yesterday :D), most of captain toad, and ys viii. I'm trying to get my saves back as soon as possible. it's a bit frustrating whenever you have issues like this.

Zazenora likes this.
  4. 290
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    It's getting time that some new and serious console developers step into the competition.
    I'm not talking about a boxed android or a "steam machine" either.
    The "Big 3" are increasingly restricting basic features in favor of trendy but horrible consumer decisions.
    This paradoxical relationship is both one of lustful wonder and depressing reality lol...

5. 9,678
    pinky

I'm not one to care about shear power. if it were, I'd have a powerhouse pc. this argument over which system is better is moot as the answer will always be pc. if that's what you want, you're wasting your time with consoles.

I know a lot of people call Nintendo kiddie, when in reality they make you feel a kida again. there's a difference. ;)